U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 12:27 AM

18,856 posts, read 30,440,508 times

Advertisements

Let's just include all of Mexico, Central and South America in all programs...so we won't offend anyone. Our healthcare will be as effective as healthcare in Canada....a man goes to a doctor because he feels ill...the doctor identifies a heart blockage and tells him he will be dead in three months without surgery....so the man wants surgery.....the doctor looks at his book....and says..."great, I have an opening in two years.".

BTW....that joke was told to me by a Canadian, he came to the US for cataract surgery.

Last edited by jasper12; 07-05-2012 at 12:29 AM.. Reason: edit
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2012, 01:03 AM

5,302 posts, read 4,009,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Let's just include all of Mexico, Central and South America in all programs...so we won't offend anyone. Our healthcare will be as effective as healthcare in Canada....a man goes to a doctor because he feels ill...the doctor identifies a heart blockage and tells him he will be dead in three months without surgery....so the man wants surgery.....the doctor looks at his book....and says..."great, I have an opening in two years.".

BTW....that joke was told to me by a Canadian, he came to the US for cataract surgery.
A joke that doesn't know the difference between a GP and a surgeon...

Old 07-05-2012, 08:47 AM

1,580 posts, read 1,422,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
In reality, they will never close the loopholes that allow them to steal SS#s, claim EIC, public housing and welfare checks. Not as long as you have the communist in chief (Obama) and his minions in the white house.

If you look at the policies he has put in place, the laws he has bypassed or ignored, it becomes obvious
that the will of the American people mean nothing to hin.

Case in point ? The "Dream Act" which he admited he had bo authority to act on, but, did anyway. His
rational for that fiasco, at a time millions of real American's are jobless, was "they deserved it". He then
declared "Executive Privielege" made it legal. Add to that the fact that he refuses to enforce "287G" in
AZ. He won't prosecute his head weasle Eric Holder and is complicit in the "cover up" is just one more point aainst him.

He is pushing amnesty, whether we want it or not. Wake up America or in another 4 years we willl be just another 3rd world country. Rommeny might be the lesser of two evils., but, at least we know which
side he's on. Not so with Obama.
My sentiments exactly! I'm not a Romney fan, but the amnesty being proposed by the current administration has truly run off the rail. I will be holding my nose and voting for the lesser of two evils once again.

Old 07-06-2012, 04:34 PM

304 posts, read 342,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
It will be another one of those things they're not held accountable for, that citizens are.
As to claiming children they have in Mexico, I've heard they also claim nieces and nephews living in Mexico. Supposedly Congress is closing the loophole that allows them to claim EIC though, so we'll see. I don't know how they'll stop those using fake or stolen SS#s.
IRS hit with audit for mismanagement and fraud - 13 WTHR Indianapolis

"A four-month Eyewitness News investigation documented how many illegal immigrants use ITINs to get tax credits and refunds they're not entitled to. WTHR also exposed how millions of undocumented workers get their ITIN applications approved using phony documents."

Old 07-07-2012, 07:47 PM

4,896 posts, read 5,863,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDBorn View Post
IRS hit with audit for mismanagement and fraud - 13 WTHR Indianapolis

"A four-month Eyewitness News investigation documented how many illegal immigrants use ITINs to get tax credits and refunds they're not entitled to. WTHR also exposed how millions of undocumented workers get their ITIN applications approved using phony documents."
Nothing will happen. The American gov has thumbed their noses at American citizens and we should just shut up and go with it. After all, haven't we already been doing that for a number of years as we got deeper into this mess........?

Old 07-15-2012, 10:01 AM

5,798 posts, read 5,236,136 times
If there's one thing that the USA does not need, it would be a healthcare system even remotely like Canada's, where rationing is rampant and their medical equipment is substantially inferior to ours and overrun with outdated equipment, and a severe yet deliberate shortage of same.

Old 07-15-2012, 10:42 AM

8,743 posts, read 5,549,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Obama was very careful on that. He was very specific that illegals can continue to expect all free health care, but are not going to be required to pay the tax or the penalty. All the illegals are exempt from Obamacare costs. You don't think he was going to risk losing their votes did you?
Illegals are exempt from everything as long as the US citizen continues to fund them by paying taxes.

Old 07-15-2012, 12:21 PM

153 posts, read 108,538 times
I feel obligated to note that although illegals are exempt from paying the tax for not having healthcare coverage, they are also exempt from the subsidized 'healthcare exchanges'.

Old 07-15-2012, 12:58 PM

3,493 posts, read 2,385,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post

And yet the Canadians live longer than we do. If their health care is so bad why is that? We ration health care in this country. We just do it in the worst possible way: to make sure health insurance companies can profit.

Illegals are a problem with health care because either they use it and don't pay for it or they have no skills and therefore cannot command jobs that offer it. I think the solution should be clear: illegals should told they will not be given health care unless in case of dire emergency. All illegals should be presumed Mexican and their bills send to Mexico. More than half are Mexican anyway so all you'd be doing is sending the bill to the rightful payers. That might actually provide Mexico's leaders with an incentive to stop dumping their sick here.

Old 07-15-2012, 01:50 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,807,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Knight View Post
I feel obligated to note that although illegals are exempt from paying the tax for not having healthcare coverage, they are also exempt from the subsidized 'healthcare exchanges'.
Which means what? Illegals are also "exempt" from being legally hired in this country, but that certainly hasn't prevented them from working, has it? In fact, it is estimated that over 8 million illegals are employed. Not to mention, myriad benefits and services they are also "exempt" from receiving. They will rely on theft and deception to qualify for this, just as they have relied on lying, cheating, and stealing to live in this country. Of course, La Raza, et al. will whine and play the race card to force their inclusion. After all, they are here, they are working, they have over 4 million U.S.-born children, and it would be racist, discriminatory, not to mention, downright inhumane not to offer them the same benefits as others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or