Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 01:02 PM

50,158 posts, read 46,838,053 times

Advertisements

In California, immigration bill designed as the anti-Arizona | Reuters

Can someone please tell me the purpose of having a controlled immigration process if no one gets deported unless they've almost killed someone? I guess we can save lots of money removing those branches of Govt if we no longer need to use them.

Last edited by 1AngryTaxPayer; 07-05-2012 at 01:24 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2012, 01:38 PM

3,727 posts, read 6,211,397 times
You beat me to it posting this latest nonsense from the pro illegal lobby. California once again proves that we are the nation's center in catering to the criminal invaders. Note the wording in the article about "protect illegal immigrants", but nothing about protecting US citizens from the alien criminal invaders. Since the bill has sailed through the Assembly it most surely will do so in the Senate, and Moonbeam will sign it the instant it hits his desk. As the other states are waking up and cracking down on the illegals, have to wonder how many of them have come to California instead of going home. Supposedly the number of illegals in the US has gone down since the recession, but until I see some up to date numbers, would think that they have remained the same or even gone up in California.

Old 07-05-2012, 02:31 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,292,473 times
I am so sick of the argument that enforcing our immigration laws could "lead" to racial/ethnic profiling. What does anyone here legally have to fear in the first place and second why not stop enforcing all of our laws then because afterall it could "lead" to the same thing? We don't live in a perfect society but most LE officers are honest and follow the rules. Should we throw the baby out with the bathwater? I don't think so!

Old 07-05-2012, 02:52 PM

1,059 posts, read 827,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
In California, immigration bill designed as the anti-Arizona | Reuters

Can someone please tell me the purpose of having a controlled immigration process if no one gets deported unless they've almost killed someone? I guess we can save lots of money removing those branches of Govt if we no longer need to use them.
Did you read the over 200 comments to the article? California is a joke. The majority of us DO NOT want any illegals here, yet CA lawmakers continue to defy the needs of its own citizens. I still haven't heard a good reason why this state continues with its support and promises to those breaking the laws.

Stockton filed for bankruptcy last week, and there will be more cities. We have had fire and law enforcement dramatically cut all over. It would be a joke if it wasn't so darn sad and destructive. Where will California be in five years? Those of you living in other states most likely don't understand how bad this problem is for us.

Old 07-05-2012, 06:58 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,181,087 times
No, we do understand how bad it is for you- because the people who are leaving CA will come to the other Western states and quite possibly turn them into versions of California in miniature. I'm not entirely sure WHY, as the reasons vary, but most people in the other Western states REALLY hate that idea. If we go after illegal immigrants ourselves, we're racist, and violating civil rights... but if we don't, we may end up going down the same drain.

Old 07-05-2012, 08:21 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,871,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
No, we do understand how bad it is for you- because the people who are leaving CA will come to the other Western states and quite possibly turn them into versions of California in miniature. I'm not entirely sure WHY, as the reasons vary, but most people in the other Western states REALLY hate that idea. If we go after illegal immigrants ourselves, we're racist, and violating civil rights... but if we don't, we may end up going down the same drain.
Racism don't work on me anymore when talking about illegal aliens.

I'm at a loss for words why the people of Cali have NOT marched on Sacramento over this crazy stuff. Sheesh!

Old 07-05-2012, 08:55 PM

1,635 posts, read 1,591,370 times
The author of the bill is from San Fransisco. Shocking.

Old 07-05-2012, 10:02 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,134,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Racism don't work on me anymore when talking about illegal aliens.

I'm at a loss for words why the people of Cali have NOT marched on Sacramento over this crazy stuff. Sheesh!
By all means, call me racist. That term tells me I must be heading in the right direction. Racist is what
they throw at you because they can't come up with any logical argument or counter point.

The entire State of CA is bankrupt. People are fleeing that state so fast that Texas could probably buy
California for 8,000$ and 21 longhorn steers. You could call LA little Mexicol and pull it off. If anyone
marched on Sacramento it probably would just be to steal copper from the air conditioner in the Governor's office.

Old 07-05-2012, 10:29 PM

3,727 posts, read 6,211,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie1004 View Post
Did you read the over 200 comments to the article?
265 before they were closed. Every one of them was filled with anger or scorn, did not see a single one that was pro illegal. Most of them echoed what has been said before here on CD, but a few were pretty rough and might have been deleted on this forum. The general consensus of the comments was that California is doomed, that we are headed for chaos and savagery, and that it is now too late to reverse the tide, get out while you still can.

Old 07-05-2012, 10:40 PM

884 posts, read 715,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
Some of the reasons I will leave California, besides the atrocious taxes, the pandering to illegals, the entitlement mentation, a Gvt who approved college funds for illegals. Although I am one man and his family, we sure as hec aren't going to bring that crap with us. In fact I would want to get as far away as I can. Hmmm, maybe I should move to mexico.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration