U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 09:27 PM

9,833 posts, read 5,588,527 times

Advertisements

Does it fall on deaf ears to say I really don't care about political correctness anymore?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2012, 10:11 PM

2,477 posts, read 1,711,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefoxwarrior View Post
If you go back and read my posts - I have stated that (1) I do not believe the term "illegal alien" is a slur and accurately characterizes such a person's status and (2) aliens who are here in violation of the law are here illegally, and (3) many illegal immigrants are also subject to criminal liability. I am not trying to defend illegal aliens in any way nor am I trying to justify their status. All I am saying is that the fact that someone is here illegally does not necessarily mean that they are subject to criminal liability, though all illegal aliens are subject to deportation.
Agreed! EWI's can be charged with criminal liability or not based on prosecutorial discretion, while a VO is processed through administrative proceedings and is only subject to deportation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefoxwarrior View Post
I'm only making one claim - that the INA is not a penal code.
Quote:
The INA [Immigration and Nationality Act] includes both criminal and civil components, providing both for criminal charges (e.g., alien smuggling, which is prosecuted in the federal courts) and for civil violations (e.g., lack of legal status, which may lead to removal through a separate administrative system in the Department of Justice).
The INA is a penal code as it compiles a jurisdiction's criminal law, in this case aliens and illegal aliens.

Last edited by Liquid Reigns; 07-11-2012 at 10:22 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or