U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 02:24 PM

392 posts, read 279,349 times

Advertisements

It's absolutely absurd to build a fence to keep illegals out of the U.S. Why? It's not practical. Instead, allow for free flow of movement, but only allow American citizens access to federal & govt benefits: public schools, public healthcare, licenses, permits, retirement etc... Everyone else will just have to go elsewhere. Since non-U.S. citizens are not covered by local & federal laws, we can implement resources ousting them that would be illegal on everyday U.S. citizens.

Your thoughts.

Last edited by grew-up-3rd-culture; 09-29-2007 at 02:25 PM.. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2007, 02:35 PM

12,620 posts, read 17,695,036 times
If states keep passing anti illegal laws they will leave on their own. As they are doing.
If they go to the sanctuary states let them have em!
The Gravy Train is leaving and they aren't on it!

Old 09-29-2007, 03:25 PM

537 posts, read 312,559 times
Fences make good neighbors. Mexico can get over it and the people who don't like it can get over it. The gravy train is slowing down now and hoipefully the parasites will leave the country because we do not want them here sucking the teet of the American taxpayer. They should go back to their own countries and fight for changes there and stop being cowardly and sneaking into a country where the majority of the citizens do not want you.

Old 09-29-2007, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veiled Prophet View Post
we do not want them here sucking the teet of the American taxpayer.
That's the issue. We need to make it absolutely impossible for non-U.S. citizens to suckle the teat.

Last edited by grew-up-3rd-culture; 09-29-2007 at 03:38 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 09-29-2007, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grew-up-3rd-culture View Post
That's the issue. We need to make it absolutely impossible for non-U.S. citizens to suckle the teat.
Absolutely and I don't care how they go about it. I want it stopped. I am sick of my tax money pauying for non-citizens. I don't even like my tax money being used for legal immigrants because they should not be allowed into this country unless they can take care of themselves, an d that includes healthcare for themselves and not Medicaid or or any other freebie out there.

Old 09-29-2007, 03:50 PM

25,107 posts, read 34,374,882 times
Quote:
Fences make good neighbors..
Exactly!

BTW, I will be "on the fence" (border) next week for a week - helping out

Old 09-29-2007, 03:57 PM

5,080 posts, read 7,670,223 times
yeah I agree the Fence is a bad idea.. we need a big huge wall with a moat.. one the rivals the great wall of china.. we can call it the great wall of America.. and some mamby pamby Russian can come here in 40 years and demand we take down this wall.. would that not be irony?

We need a wall like in the movie Escape from LA.. if you have not seen this movie rent it.. it's entertaining.

Old 09-29-2007, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
yeah I agree the Fence is a bad idea.. we need a big huge wall with a moat.
Why not go all the way? Let's just annex all of Mexico and build the fence/wall/moat at the narrowest point down there towards Guatamala and Belize somewhere on that isthumus btwn the Gulf of Mexico and the Pacific.

Mexico has oil too ya' know.

Old 09-29-2007, 04:13 PM

3,589 posts, read 2,976,713 times
Quote:
Absolutely and I don't care how they go about it. I want it stopped. I am sick of my tax money pauying for non-citizens. I don't even like my tax money being used for legal immigrants because they should not be allowed into this country unless they can take care of themselves, an d that includes healthcare for themselves and not Medicaid or or any other freebie out there.
You got that right. I remember applying for my ex's green card and we had to prove assets in excess of $100,000 to prove he would not become a public charge.

Old 09-29-2007, 04:16 PM

You must one of the very few that have to prove that because we have tons of legal immigrants in this country who get SSI and all kinds of other crap that they should have no right to at all. We won't even get into what the government gives the damn illegals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration