U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 03:30 PM

1,580 posts, read 1,422,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Howard and five other tax examiners at the ITIN processing center in Austin all told WTHR the same thing: for years, IRS managers have instructed them to "look the other way" while processing ITIN applications that appear to be filed fraudulently – even when those applications contain clear signs of criminal activity.
IRS hit with audit for mismanagement and fraud - 13 WTHR Indianapolis

Further proof of the dysfunctional mess this country has become in its' quest to appease illegal aliens and the corporate masters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2012, 05:01 PM

25,631 posts, read 29,103,055 times
Dontcha just love it.

Old 07-08-2012, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Dontcha just love it.
Quote:
Whistleblower punished?
Simply by speaking out, the quiet tax examiner could save taxpayers billions -- but at a personal cost.
A few days after Howard met with WTHR, the IRS slashed his job performance rating which will affect his paycheck. The IRS claims every aspect of Howard's job performance dropped during the past six months, shifting his overall rating from "exceeds fully successful" to "minimally successful." Howard believes the poor review is retaliation for blowing the whistle on his managers. He wonders what might happen next.
"I'm a little nervous, but not really. I guess they could try to fire me, but I don't think they will," he said, vowing to continue his fight for ITIN reform. "I just want to see things fixed. We've been allowing the U.S. taxpayer to get robbed for years now and those days appear to be over

This country is imploding one day at a time.

Old 07-08-2012, 09:34 PM

2,075 posts, read 1,773,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
This country is imploding one day at a time.
Don't worry, Obama's going to fix it. It's all in his Hope & Change plan. If he can just get elected one more time. Just one more time------

Old 07-08-2012, 11:40 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,009,391 times
Quote:
IRS hit with audit for mismanagement and fraud - 13 WTHR Indianapolis

Further proof of the dysfunctional mess this country has become in its' quest to appease illegal aliens and the corporate masters.
For this example (already brought up in this forum), what is the "clear signs of criminal activity"?...

Old 07-09-2012, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
Don't worry, Obama's going to fix it. It's all in his Hope & Change plan. If he can just get elected one more time. Just one more time------
Yep, you can tell from all that he's done in the last 3.5 years that he's got everything under control.

Old 07-09-2012, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
For this example (already brought up in this forum), what is the "clear signs of criminal activity"?...
Reading is fundamental and comprehension is key. Read the article and you will have your answer.

Old 07-09-2012, 04:36 PM

29,988 posts, read 35,842,224 times
Quote:
Reading is fundamental and comprehension is key. Read the article and you will have your answer.
Audit the IRS

Old 07-09-2012, 04:57 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,009,391 times
Quote:
Howard thought it suspicious that a school in South Carolina didn't exist (I can't find where it list the possible school that will be attended on the W-7 application), and didn't want to issue ITINs to some kids. His supervisors overruled him. What are the "clear signs of criminal activity" here?

I read the source. If I prompt for further information, it means that after I read the source, I was still wondering what the issue was. One time I got dinked for saying I was surprised that "chicagonut" read something, what are you trying to imply?

To me it looked like Howard got a bad review, then tried to make something of any incident he could think of...

Old 07-09-2012, 06:44 PM

2,796 posts, read 5,359,895 times
The individual mandate is going to be fun!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration