U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 07:24 PM

5,200 posts, read 4,113,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by madonnafan View Post
Lets be honest here. Lets say you have a Lexus (or any other luxury car) and it needs repair, you know that if you take the car at the Lexus dealer it would be thousand of dollars, dont you think its better just to have someone else ( an illegal guy in this case) to fix it but for less money ? You help the guy and he helps you.
The dealer of any car costs more than a guy up the street, because he will use new
factory authorized parts. That illegal guy has used parts, with no guarantee and will
probably will tear up quicker. Plus, it's illegal. You are a big part of the problem.

Old 07-11-2012, 07:25 PM

919 posts, read 1,669,239 times
So an escaped convict, kinda like an illegal not caught yet, will work for less than a legal citizen will; so you think its saving you money to let him do the work cheaply.

Old 07-11-2012, 10:37 PM

54 posts, read 38,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
The dealer of any car costs more than a guy up the street, because he will use new
factory authorized parts. That illegal guy has used parts, with no guarantee and will
probably will tear up quicker. Plus, it's illegal. You are a big part of the problem.
My car needed paint and the rear light was missing (i bought the light at the dealer). What im talking is that my illegal guy did the same work for way less money than those people working at the dealer.

Old 07-11-2012, 10:55 PM

2,477 posts, read 1,714,336 times
Quote:
"The group is asking Americans to tell personal stories of how illegal immigration has impacted their own lives, to illustrate just how "A Day Without Illegal Aliens" could improve this nation on so many fronts."

Well, my illegal guy who does work around my house has been very good and cheap to me. Just today he fixed my car (i hit a pole as i was leaving a parking lot) and he only charged me $1183. If i took my car to the Lexus dealer i've would have to pay more than $7000. Cant beat that !
We only use him and his brother and they do an amazing job doesnt matter what it is. And they are NOT lazy like the Americans.
So, that's my story that i'd like to share with the Tea Party.
You could have taken your car to a Toyota dealer and it would probably have been half the price of the Lexus dealer. You could also have gone to any number of body repair shops and had it done cheaper then from Lexus.

Lazy like Americans? Yet it looks to be more an issue about you paying less money for repair or yard work (for which if you pay these guys more than $500 over the course of a year you are required to withhold payroll taxes or they are required to give you a business license and then they are required to be bonded and insured. None of which you seem to really care about, I can only hope they don't get injured while working for you as you will be responsible for all medical costs to include liability.

Tea Party? You seem clueless.

Quote:
Lets be honest here. Lets say you have a Lexus (or any other luxury car) and it needs repair, you know that if you take the car at the Lexus dealer it would be thousand of dollars, dont you think its better just to have someone else ( an illegal guy in this case) to fix it but for less money ? You help the guy and he helps you.
I do all my own work. In the long run you get what you pay for, cheap isn't always best or good work. I've seen some of those cheap guys slather bondo all over vs replacing with new or used panels and paint the area with dupli-color from a can. I've seen how they do electrical work with electric tape vs replacing the plug or using heat shrink. Yea, you may save money now, but you will pay for it later as the value of your car is diminished when you go to sell it, but to each his own, I guess.

Quote:
My car needed paint and the rear light was missing (i bought the light at the dealer). What im talking is that my illegal guy did the same work for way less money than those people working at the dealer.
Because he has no overhead, no insurances no licenses, no taxes, no building costs, etc. Since he is basically your employee, have you withheld payroll taxes on him and his brother? If not, you are now in violation of tax evasion laws. Where did you say you lived?

Last edited by Yac; 07-12-2012 at 02:59 AM.. Reason: 3 posts in a row merged

Old 07-12-2012, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
Because he has no overhead, no insurances no licenses, no taxes, no building costs, etc. Since he is basically your employee, have you withheld payroll taxes on him and his brother? If not, you are now in violation of tax evasion laws. Where did you say you lived?
HA ! Like if im the only citizen in this country who hires illegal people. If we go by that statment, the police should come to my neighborhood and arrest all of my neighbors.

Old 07-12-2012, 03:20 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,772,681 times
Quote:
"The group is asking Americans to tell personal stories of how illegal immigration has impacted their own lives, to illustrate just how "A Day Without Illegal Aliens" could improve this nation on so many fronts."

Well, my illegal guy who does work around my house has been very good and cheap to me. Just today he fixed my car (i hit a pole as i was leaving a parking lot) and he only charged me $1183. If i took my car to the Lexus dealer i've would have to pay more than $7000. Cant beat that !
We only use him and his brother and they do an amazing job doesnt matter what it is. And they are NOT lazy like the Americans.
So, that's my story that i'd like to share with the Tea Party.
That's the same kind of justification for getting stolen items -- you can go to a store where a friend works and get a real "deal" if they just ring up 1/4 of what you're buying.

Or how about embezzlement? You can steal money from the business and --- well you can't beat that!

Old 07-12-2012, 03:24 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,772,681 times
Quote:
HA ! Like if im the only citizen in this country who hires illegal people. If we go by that statment, the police should come to my neighborhood and arrest all of my neighbors.
All employers of illegals should be arrested and fined to the maximum. You benefit from this cheap labor because the taxpayers are required to pay the real costs of your illegals.

Sure -- illegals will work for next to nothing because all their health care is provided to them free, and every baby brings in all kinds of food stamps, WIC, Medicaid, housing vouchers. Your illegals aren't able to live on the lowly wages you pay them -- no one can.

So yes -- every employer of illegals is a crook, a lawbreaker and should be given prison time and assets should be confiscated to help cover the costs.

Old 07-12-2012, 08:47 AM

2,477 posts, read 1,714,336 times
Quote:
You seem to be admitting you knowingly do it, which is a federal crime. As for your neighbors are they aware that those they hire to do work for them are illegal or if they are illegal?

Old 07-12-2012, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
As for your neighbors are they aware that those they hire to do work for them are illegal or if they are illegal?
Im sure they are and they dont care. Why would they care, they are cheap labor. In this city its weird if you see an American guy doing some construction work around houses, people always hire illegals. They dont seem to have a problem with it.
I live in Los Angeles.

Old 07-12-2012, 05:16 PM

3,493 posts, read 2,388,136 times
Quote:
Im sure they are and they dont care. Why would they care, they are cheap labor. In this city its weird if you see an American guy doing some construction work around houses, people always hire illegals. They dont seem to have a problem with it.
I live in Los Angeles.
Attitudes like that are why California is billions in debt. Any savings you might gain are vastly outweighed by the costs illegals impose on your fellow Americans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or