U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 10:16 AM

1,580 posts, read 1,422,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
You could have taken your car to a Toyota dealer and it would probably have been half the price of the Lexus dealer. You could also have gone to any number of body repair shops and had it done cheaper then from Lexus.

Lazy like Americans? Yet it looks to be more an issue about you paying less money for repair or yard work (for which if you pay these guys more than $500 over the course of a year you are required to withhold payroll taxes or they are required to give you a business license and then they are required to be bonded and insured. None of which you seem to really care about, I can only hope they don't get injured while working for you as you will be responsible for all medical costs to include liability.

Tea Party? You seem clueless.

I do all my own work. In the long run you get what you pay for, cheap isn't always best or good work. I've seen some of those cheap guys slather bondo all over vs replacing with new or used panels and paint the area with dupli-color from a can. I've seen how they do electrical work with electric tape vs replacing the plug or using heat shrink. Yea, you may save money now, but you will pay for it later as the value of your car is diminished when you go to sell it, but to each his own, I guess.

Because he has no overhead, no insurances no licenses, no taxes, no building costs, etc. Since he is basically your employee, have you withheld payroll taxes on him and his brother? If not, you are now in violation of tax evasion laws. Where did you say you lived?
As usual, way too much common sense at work in your post and we both know common sense isn't common anymore. Another excellent post

Old 07-13-2012, 03:59 PM

1,150 posts, read 990,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Wait a minute. . . You hit a pole leaving a parking lot, yet your car only needed a paint job and the REAR light was missing? Unless you were leaving the parking lot in reverse, how on earth did you not have front end damage? Hmmm. . .
I can understand. By the time the illegal alien got through working on the car, it may have needed a rear light too.

Old 07-13-2012, 05:01 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madonnafan View Post
Me and the millions of Americans doing the same thing.
Were your ancestors slave masters? You seem to have all the same excuses to bring in illegals as they had to bring in slaves. Only illegals are a much better deal as you don't have to provide for them.

Old 07-13-2012, 05:01 PM

54 posts, read 38,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Why didnt you fix it yourself? Lazy. Didn't know how? ignorance. Dont have the time? getting a leg up by exploiting slave labor and dumping on your fellow citizens(could be called traitorous) Why did you hit a stationary pole? bad driver. Luxury car, illegal slave labor, someone's not playing by the rules and thats not fair. This is the epitome of the problem and a hypocritical post. You've really done well for yourself and let the rest of us down
In my book its called "being smart". Why would i pay more when i can hire a good illegal guy and pay less ?

Old 07-13-2012, 05:40 PM

32,799 posts, read 30,034,103 times
Quote:
In my book its called "being smart". Why would i pay more when i can hire a good illegal guy and pay less ?
Then why not just shop lift since it's "so much cheaper". Integrity, get you some. Either way you are breaking the law same as a common thief.

Old 07-13-2012, 06:27 PM

1,580 posts, read 1,422,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Then why not just shop lift since it's "so much cheaper". Integrity, get you some. Either way you are breaking the law same as a common thief.
That post is nothing more than illegal alien propaganda. It also reeks of falsehoods from an illegal alien.

Old 07-13-2012, 06:41 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,282,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
That post is nothing more than illegal alien propaganda. It also reeks of falsehoods from an illegal alien.
Agreed. Something ain't adding up.

Old 07-14-2012, 11:14 AM

4,896 posts, read 5,864,783 times
Quote:
"The group is asking Americans to tell personal stories of how illegal immigration has impacted their own lives, to illustrate just how "A Day Without Illegal Aliens" could improve this nation on so many fronts."

Well, my illegal guy who does work around my house has been very good and cheap to me. Just today he fixed my car (i hit a pole as i was leaving a parking lot) and he only charged me $1183. If i took my car to the Lexus dealer i've would have to pay more than $7000. Cant beat that !
We only use him and his brother and they do an amazing job doesnt matter what it is. And they are NOT lazy like the Americans.
So, that's my story that i'd like to share with the Tea Party.
May be you could try finding an American that would love to have that work, may be for just a few dollars more. Give it a try sometime because, if we keep out sourcing our dollars to foreign workers, you may find you are the minority in a short while......

What part of illegal don't you understand ? You are breaking the laws of this country by aiding and abetting someone in this country illegallly. Doesn't matter to you, I see. You are only concerned that you get yours.....

Old 07-14-2012, 11:18 AM

4,896 posts, read 5,864,783 times
Does anyone have the feeling we are being played by madonnafan?

Old 07-14-2012, 12:58 PM

2,477 posts, read 1,711,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
Does anyone have the feeling we are being played by madonnafan?
From her other comments in other topics she is claiming to have come from Argentina in 2001 with her parents. Her dad is the Ambassador to the USA from Argentina. She claims to be 33 yo. so she got here at age 21 give or take a year.

This would explain her ideals and why she hires those of her ethnicity, guilt for being the Ambassadors daughter and living a better life than those below her class.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or