Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 04:18 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,329,907 times

Advertisements

There are so many businesses doing it (hiring illegals) that the law can't possibly take care of this.
We have to be happy with the occasional mfg bust that they throw us.

Old 07-12-2012, 04:27 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,525,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madonnafan View Post
"The group is asking Americans to tell personal stories of how illegal immigration has impacted their own lives, to illustrate just how "A Day Without Illegal Aliens" could improve this nation on so many fronts."

Well, my illegal guy who does work around my house has been very good and cheap to me. Just today he fixed my car (i hit a pole as i was leaving a parking lot) and he only charged me $1183. If i took my car to the Lexus dealer i've would have to pay more than $7000. Cant beat that !
We only use him and his brother and they do an amazing job doesnt matter what it is. And they are NOT lazy like the Americans.
So, that's my story that i'd like to share with the Tea Party.
Quote:
My car needed paint and the rear light was missing (i bought the light at the dealer). What im talking is that my illegal guy did the same work for way less money than those people working at the dealer.
Wait a minute. . . You hit a pole leaving a parking lot, yet your car only needed a paint job and the REAR light was missing? Unless you were leaving the parking lot in reverse, how on earth did you not have front end damage? Hmmm. . .

Old 07-12-2012, 04:31 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,290,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
There are so many businesses doing it (hiring illegals) that the law can't possibly take care of this.
We have to be happy with the occasional mfg bust that they throw us.
They could if congress would mandate e-verify. Employees already on the payroll should be checked also not just new hires.

Old 07-12-2012, 04:38 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,525,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
They could if congress would mandate e-verify. Employees already on the payroll should be checked also not just new hires.
True. But, we both know why they won't.

Old 07-12-2012, 06:51 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,867,636 times
Quote:
"The group is asking Americans to tell personal stories of how illegal immigration has impacted their own lives, to illustrate just how "A Day Without Illegal Aliens" could improve this nation on so many fronts."

Well, my illegal guy who does work around my house has been very good and cheap to me. Just today he fixed my car (i hit a pole as i was leaving a parking lot) and he only charged me $1183. If i took my car to the Lexus dealer i've would have to pay more than $7000. Cant beat that !
We only use him and his brother and they do an amazing job doesnt matter what it is. And they are NOT lazy like the Americans.
Uh; you need to be jailed for hiring an illegal alien.

Old 07-12-2012, 09:41 PM

54 posts, read 47,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; you need to be jailed for hiring an illegal alien.
Me and the millions of Americans doing the same thing.

Old 07-12-2012, 10:39 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,867,636 times
Quote:
Me and the millions of Americans doing the same thing.
I'm game. Bust a few and the rest will dump their illegal alien help on the spot.

Old 07-13-2012, 06:47 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,290,599 times
So I guess two wrongs make a right? As an analogy since there are many Americans who cheat on their taxes that makes it ok for me to do it? I guess some people have no conscience at all. I am only accountable for my own actions and will not follow the lead of lawbreakers.

Old 07-13-2012, 07:16 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 21 hours ago)

27,541 posts, read 16,022,699 times
Quote:

Why didnt you fix it yourself? Lazy. Didn't know how? ignorance. Dont have the time? getting a leg up by exploiting slave labor and dumping on your fellow citizens(could be called traitorous) Why did you hit a stationary pole? bad driver. Luxury car, illegal slave labor, someone's not playing by the rules and thats not fair. This is the epitome of the problem and a hypocritical post. You've really done well for yourself and let the rest of us down

Old 07-13-2012, 09:45 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,084,400 times
Quote:

You shoud go to jail. I would emphatically support that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.