Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 12:06 PM

9,888 posts, read 10,818,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
Fences, walls, moats filled with alligators, laser guns, land mines, and ferrets with rabies too!

Meanwhile as we spend our nation into abject poverty, there will be no reason for people to want to come here as this nation will end up just as poor as the nation where those who wish to come here are from in the first place.
wow, now their is an optimistic outlook , how soon do you think people will catch on and stop coming in?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2007, 12:23 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,187,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
wow, now their is an optimistic outlook , how soon do you think people will catch on and stop coming in?
Sadly, that may be an optimistic look. We continually address the symptoms and rarely address the cause. Like many issues of the day, looking for a singular solution to the problem seems vain.

Old 09-30-2007, 07:59 PM

1,394 posts, read 2,770,110 times
Quote:
Fences, walls, moats filled with alligators, laser guns, land mines, and ferrets with rabies too!

Meanwhile as we spend our nation into abject poverty, there will be no reason for people to want to come here as this nation will end up just as poor as the nation where those who wish to come here are from in the first place.
If I said the sun was out would you say no it's not ?

Old 09-30-2007, 09:20 PM

2,433 posts, read 6,676,051 times
Quote:
YAY 70 miles complete! Only 1,880 more miles to go at exactly how much per mile? Fence won't even keep my dog in the yard, I am sure however it will keep sentient intelligent beings out... oy
I saw a border patrol agent being interviewed on the news a while back. He said the fence isn't designed to stop the illegals. He said it's real purpose is to slow them down long enough to give ICE a chance to catch them.

But I have to admit it's extremely effective. The three layer fence they are installing works. Every where it's gone up they've seen the flow of illegals slow to a trickle. Obviously, it's because they are just entering the country elsewhere.

So the key is to just put the fence across the entire southern border. Then search every single car and truck that passes by.

Old 10-01-2007, 10:01 AM

236 posts, read 441,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayannaaaliyah View Post
While a fence may be a small deterent, the real issue is that the govt. must penalize employers for hiring illegals. Once this is done, then the illegals will STOP trying to flew their country, because there will be NO work for them. There is a guest worker program in place - we DO NOT need any more. Just enforce the LAWS-PERIOD it's simple. If the govt hadn't sold us (Americans) for big business, then the problem with undocumented immigrants wouldn't be an issue. Geez, at what point can we get someone in office that has morals/values, sincere, and can't be PURCHASED?

I posted something similar on another thread. Our government is the reason they keep coming. I have always believed that our government is in bed with Mexico's corrupt government. Why else would our government turn their backs on America's citizens? What are they recieving from Mexico that would cause them to turn away from the legal citizen's America? We are speaking out and no one is listening. Why???? Illegal immigrants have not one ounce of respect for this country and our laws. They come here and expect us to change our laws and culture to suit them. If they do not get what they want or someone speaks out we are violating their civil rights or we are racist. What a crock of crap. What about my rights??? I pay taxes and I am an American!!! I want my beautiful and proud country back. I want it given back to the people for the people!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration