U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 07-19-2012, 06:03 AM
 
Location: Too far from home.
8,743 posts, read 5,559,043 times
Reputation: 2360

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Mom and Dad are in their late 80.s doing yard work is no longer possible,getting the lawn care company that does all the other lawns on the street seems the logical way to go.whether these guys are illegal or not matters little to Mom and Dad,they just want the lawn mowed and the hedges trimmed.
When something has to be done that one can no longer do themself I can understand getting the help that is needed. I don't care where that help comes from - including Mexico - as long as they are legally in the country.

I get where you are coming from. You aren't anti-illegal, nor are you pro-illegal. You just don't care.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-19-2012, 06:47 AM
 
33,184 posts, read 39,195,364 times
Reputation: 28531
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post


I get where you are coming from. You aren't anti-illegal, nor are you pro-illegal. You just don't care.
A veritable atheist on the issue.. probably comes down to even though Mom and Dad are in Florida i reside in Canada and the issue of illegals is really a non event up here.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2012, 07:54 AM
 
Location: Too far from home.
8,743 posts, read 5,559,043 times
Reputation: 2360
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
A veritable atheist on the issue.. probably comes down to even though Mom and Dad are in Florida i reside in Canada and the issue of illegals is really a non event up here.
There you go!!!

I don't know how Canada works with regard to illegals, but would, or does the Canadian government provide education, housing, food stamps and free medical to them? Would they be treated the same as a Canadian citizen? Would the child born in Canada of non-Canadian citizens be given Canadian citizenship at birth and then the illegal parents can remain in the country illegally and collect additional benefits by virtue of that child? These are some of the benefits that are provided to illegals in the US. That's what makes it so attractive to illegals.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2012, 08:05 AM
 
5,190 posts, read 3,975,720 times
Reputation: 1093
what I'm interested in is whether this system works both ways or not.

Let's say, for instance, if I were a US citizen and fancied a nice few years being a beach bum in Cancun, Mexico.

Would the Mexican govt. give me free health care, welfare, accomodation and the rest?

No, I don't think so some how.

How about a nice little 'working holiday' in Costa Rica - can I get stuff there for free?

One way traffic normally when it comes down it.

why should anyone support this?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2012, 11:00 AM
 
33,184 posts, read 39,195,364 times
Reputation: 28531
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
There you go!!!

I don't know how Canada works with regard to illegals, but would, or does the Canadian government provide education, housing, food stamps and free medical to them? Would they be treated the same as a Canadian citizen? Would the child born in Canada of non-Canadian citizens be given Canadian citizenship at birth and then the illegal parents can remain in the country illegally and collect additional benefits by virtue of that child? These are some of the benefits that are provided to illegals in the US. That's what makes it so attractive to illegals.
Not sure as to each countries illegal's problems as we dont much talk about it but up here its taken very serious,get caught in Canada your employer faces huge fines and the illegal will be spending a mandatory 1 year in jail before deportation of course they'll get whatever health care they need,We also have a climatic condition up here that keeps population and illegals at a low level,its called 6 months of winter.
Never thought about how Mexico would treat an American illegal.Maybe a query in the Mexican forum.
As for Americas problems if you got 50 million people already in the USA and millions pouring over the border unchallenged with a reward of free money and all manner of free entitlements upon arrival then your country is finished.Plan-B =Welcome to Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2012, 11:45 AM
 
Location: Too far from home.
8,743 posts, read 5,559,043 times
Reputation: 2360
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
As for Americas problems if you got 50 million people already in the USA and millions pouring over the border unchallenged with a reward of free money and all manner of free entitlements upon arrival then your country is finished.Plan-B =Welcome to Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Maybe now you can understand why Americans are extremely unhappy with the situation.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2012, 11:48 AM
 
Location: southern california
55,237 posts, read 72,506,936 times
Reputation: 47457
using illegal immigration to make it cheaper is like buying OPEC oil. OPEC cheap oil is not cheap.
how many wars to date?? refugee program foreign aid? same as mexico.
good fences make good neighbors.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2012, 12:47 PM
 
33,184 posts, read 39,195,364 times
Reputation: 28531
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Maybe now you can understand why Americans are extremely unhappy with the situation.
i'd be unhappy to but i wouldnt blame the illegals they are just normal folk taking advantage of a system that apparently allows them free axcess to free money and what ever else they need, heck if i were destitute i'd think about moving back to the USA.
I'd be more inclined to blame the government department/s responsible for unimpeded illegal immigration
At this point if the illegal problem is as bad as some say theres no hope as no matter what is done you wont be getting 60 million people out of your country.

Last edited by jambo101; 07-19-2012 at 02:04 PM..
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2012, 12:31 AM
 
Location: Too far from home.
8,743 posts, read 5,559,043 times
Reputation: 2360
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
i'd be unhappy to but i wouldnt blame the illegals they are just normal folk taking advantage of a system that apparently allows them free axcess to free money and what ever else they need, heck if i were destitute i'd think about moving back to the USA.
I'd be more inclined to blame the government department/s responsible for unimpeded illegal immigration
At this point if the illegal problem is as bad as some say theres no hope as no matter what is done you wont be getting 60 million people out of your country.
You may find this interesting.
Canada's National Newspaper = Canada's National Manure Spreader

(Don't you just love the title of the article?)

Canada has a population of 34.4 million and some of those in government want to increase that number to 100 million (by 2050 I believe). Some think that massive immigration would be good for the country, just like the US thinks illegal immigrants are good for the country.

If those in power get immigration passed the US can help them with at the very minimum 20 million. We can also put maps up at the US/Mexico border showing them the easiest possible way to get to Canada.

If you plan on staying in Canada you should really do some reading up on what some have planned.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2012, 02:27 AM
 
33,184 posts, read 39,195,364 times
Reputation: 28531
Cute read on a hypothetical scenario thats never going to happen along with most of this links other hysterical headline stories such as,


Kinda on par with National Enquirer journalism..Canadas growth rate will grow of its own accord and it wont get anywhere near 100 mil,As for illegals moving here? there has to be a reason to entice them in the first place, we are quite strict on our social programs,we got 6 months of winter, and we only have a half dozen major cities for these illegals to move to,i'm sure the thought of sneaking into Canada to sit in the middle of a field and either starve or freeze to death isnt so appealing,southern USA would be infinitely more preferable.

If America wants to give away free money and entitlements to any one who can walk over the border then its America who will inherit those 100mil, at the rate some are inferring the amount of illegals entering your country if true you will be outnumbered by illegals by 2050,If illegals are a bother to you you might as well either accept the illegals as your new neighbors or think about moving elsewhere in the world.

Last edited by jambo101; 07-20-2012 at 03:28 AM..
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top