U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 05:00 AM

8,743 posts, read 5,589,241 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Cute read on a hypothetical scenario thats never going to happen along with most of this links other hysterical headline stories such as,

Kinda on par with National Enquirer journalism..Canadas growth rate will grow of its own accord and it wont get anywhere near 100 mil,As for illegals moving here? there has to be a reason to entice them in the first place, we are quite strict on our social programs,we got 6 months of winter, and we only have a half dozen major cities for these illegals to move to,i'm sure the thought of sneaking into Canada to sit in the middle of a field and either starve or freeze to death isnt so appealing,southern USA would be infinitely more preferable.

If America wants to give away free money and entitlements to any one who can walk over the border then its America who will inherit those 100mil, at the rate some are inferring the amount of illegals entering your country if true you will be outnumbered by illegals by 2050,If illegals are a bother to you you might as well either accept the illegals as your new neighbors or think about moving elsewhere in the world.
There are just as many articles about increasing the population by virtue of immigration. You should know that if government wants it to happen, it will happen, it really won't matter what the citizen thinks or want. Is Canada the exception where the government actually listens to what the citizen wants and says?

I AM elsewhere in the world and thinking more and more about what to do and that would depend on Obama/Romney. The good thing is that I am free to travel in and out of the US. I don't have to do the tunnel crawl, or the fence climb, or travel in a cargo container to do that. If Canada is the exception, I just might put it on my "list of countries to consider".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2012, 06:55 AM

33,230 posts, read 39,373,226 times
If you dont mind winter its kinda nice up here,people are generally happy and friendly, no major issues politically,Got health care.,lotta wide open spaces, i think we had an illegal up here once but i think he got a better deal further south
Might be worth seeing if you qualify
Welcome to Citizenship and Immigration Canada
If yes a vacation might be in order followed by some serious moving plans
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or