Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 08:06 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Bwwwwhahahahaa. The Border Patrol stop on crack. You've got so much junk storytelling in there, and the really sad thing is that you are trying to convince everyone else that you know what you are talking about.

But thanks for the laugh...
Then PROVE that malamute is full of it, please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2012, 08:18 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,845,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Then PROVE that malamute is full of it, please.
On another note, someone of Irish descent living in Arizona wanting to know what a Border Patrol stop is like...

Old 07-13-2012, 09:07 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,313,780 times
Quote:
On another note, someone of Irish descent living in Arizona wanting to know what a Border Patrol stop is like...
What's that supposed to mean?

Old 07-13-2012, 09:08 PM

1,575 posts, read 1,734,696 times
I was driving down the highway and was pulled over by a cop, literally for no reason. I told him that I knew I was not speeding. He said he stopped me because he was curious as to why I had my license plate taped to my back window. I explained to him that recently my previous plate had blown off because the screw holes were stretched. I had to show my license, and both the old and new license plate registrations. I was detained for approximately 20 minutes and then let go. Illegal aliens need to get over the racial profiling nonsense.

Old 07-13-2012, 09:11 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,313,780 times
Quote:
The Border Patrol doesn't "ask" (nor are they authorized to require it) for ID, other than Resident Cards from those that have them. You heard how they determine your U.S. citizenship. Does that open the eyes a little bit?
Why don't you just quit beating around the bush and post just what you are implying here about the Border Patrol. Just spell it out in plain English, thanks.

Old 07-13-2012, 09:18 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,825,082 times
HE IS QUITE BRAVE!!!!!!! -- MORE NEED TO BE LIKE HIM AND STAND UP FOR THIER FREEDOM!!!!

Good video indeed.....

Old 07-13-2012, 09:23 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Bwwwwhahahahaa. The Border Patrol stop on crack. You've got so much junk storytelling in there, and the really sad thing is that you are trying to convince everyone else that you know what you are talking about.

But thanks for the laugh...
What would you know? You don't even live on the border, you certainly don't know me, and yes I have been stopped and questionned by border patrol three different times and that's one reason I know exactly what they ask. I suspect you've never been stopped by border patrol agents and so you have absolutely no clue at all. If you lived where I live, you'd possibly know a little more than you do.

Oh -- and besides that, I know people who have been stopped by border patrol and were given "a ride" back home. Or in other words "voluntary departure". You on the other hand claim you've never met an illegal or known one.

And if you think you do know so much -- exactly what questions do you want to claim they ask? I KNOW what they ask.

Old 07-13-2012, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
I was driving down the highway and was pulled over by a cop, literally for no reason. I told him that I knew I was not speeding. He said he stopped me because he was curious as to why I had my license plate taped to my back window. I explained to him that recently my previous plate had blown off because the screw holes were stretched. I had to show my license, and both the old and new license plate registrations. I was detained for approximately 20 minutes and then let go. Illegal aliens need to get over the racial profiling nonsense.
One of my neighbors -- here legally but born and raised in Mexico had stopped and picked up this other neighbor who was not here legally. He didn't know it but one of his brake lights was out and a cop pulled him over -- the cop put on his lights but no siren -- however the illegal guy jumped out of the truck before it was stopped and took off running. The cops detained my neighbor for about 20 minutes but then let him go.

There is no racial profiling going on. My neighbor was able to answer honestly except that his illegal passenger taking off running like that didn't make him look good -- and all the cop wanted to do is warn him that his brake light was out. My neighbor wasn't mad at the cop at all but he was rather pissed off at the illegal guy.

I know exactly why border patrol questioned me. I asked and they told me.

Old 07-13-2012, 09:34 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,845,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
What would you know? You don't even live on the border, you certainly don't know me, and yes I have been stopped and questionned by border patrol three different times and that's one reason I know exactly what they ask. I suspect you've never been stopped by border patrol agents and so you have absolutely no clue at all. If you lived where I live, you'd possibly know a little more than you do.

Oh -- and besides that, I know people who have been stopped by border patrol and were given "a ride" back home. Or in other words "voluntary departure". You on the other hand claim you've never met an illegal or known one.

And if you think you do know so much -- exactly what questions do you want to claim they ask? I KNOW what they ask.
Yes, I've also been through three Border Patrol stops (within a ten-month period)...

I've been through El Paso and Juarez numerous times, every official crossing. Every mode of transportation. A fraction of those experiences aren't even needed to figure out where your storytelling is being pulled from.

Some months ago we also had a former translator for the holding facilities state that U.S. border officers would pool small bills from their wallets to convince the Mexicans to accept "Voluntary Departure"...

You know, describing an illegal act on their part...

Old 07-13-2012, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Yes, I've also been through three Border Patrol stops (within a ten-month period)...

I've been through El Paso and Juarez numerous times, every official crossing. Every mode of transportation. A fraction of those experiences aren't even needed to figure out where your storytelling is being pulled from.
??? I'm not talking about the border patrol checkpoints. Obviously I've been through those hundreds of times. I'm talking about being stopped by border patrol agents. Such as when they pull up to you and start asking you questions. I'm not talking about the checkpoints. Nor the border crossing itself.

IBM -- I believe you have a reading comprehension problem. I clearly wrote that I was stopped and questioned by border patrol, I did not write that this had to do with crossing the border or the internal checkpoints like the ones on I-10 or I-25. I said I was "stopped" by border patrol, not that I drove through one of their stops. Those are a whole different matter -- and you never rode a bike though the internal checkpoints or boat, or walked so cut the bull about "every mode" of transportation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration