Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 11:29 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Sadly, with our pandering government, illegals could start taking border agents as hostages and nothing would be done.
Then the cops here in Arizona and so on will probably pull rank in the Feds and, I thinks quite a few Feds WOULD tell Obama and his cronies to go pound sand IMHO.

Old 07-13-2012, 11:58 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,780,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
Because, of course, the guy with the sign is a member of a certified minority group demonstrating on behalf of a liberal-approved political position.

Can't read it clearly? How about now?

[b][color=red]

Rhymes With Right - We Will Hear Nothing About This Extreme And Violent Protester Sign

My boss sent me this link..im very sad and angry. - DREAM Act Portal Forum

I wonder why this hasn't made media headlines?
Because anyone with half a brain knows this guy is a plant spewing out the worst machinations of a tea party moron. No immigrant (legal or otherwise) I've ever known in my life has ever believed any such gibberish.

Old 07-14-2012, 12:12 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Because anyone with half a brain knows this guy is a plant spewing out the worst machinations of a tea party moron. No immigrant (legal or otherwise) I've ever known in my life has ever believed any such gibberish.
You haven't met all that many "immigrants". Many believe that there can be no immigration laws in the USA at least not for them. They are trying to kill border patrol agents -- many rock throwing incidents along the border -- they fully intend to kill those agents with their rocks.

The cartels actually reward those who kill police. It's far from jibberish, but some don't want to open their eyes to what is going on at the border.

Old 07-14-2012, 12:19 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,780,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
I wonder why this hasn't made media headlines?
It would have made headlines if the guy in the picture was from another ethic background, especially Arab, legally residing in the US, he would be have been considered a terrorist and a threat to the US and would have been arrested on the spot.

But hey, the guy in the picture is more than likely an illegal, a member of a protected class, who is forced to threaten the lives of Arizona police to get what he wants because he thinks America/our government "owes" him something, so that would exempt him from being viewed as a terrorist.

Old 07-14-2012, 12:37 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
It would have made headlines if the guy in the picture was from another ethic background, especially Arab, legally residing in the US, he would be have been considered a terrorist and a threat to the US and would have been arrested on the spot.

But hey, the guy in the picture is more than likely an illegal, a member of a protected class, who is forced to threaten the lives of Arizona police to get what he wants because he thinks America/our government "owes" him something, so that would exempt him from being viewed as a terrorist.
And as incredible as it may seem, a recent case where some gang kid was trying to kill a border agent and was shot, the family is demanding money and will likely be given it. The video show this pack of rabid dogs trying to surround the agent and kill him with large rocks -- but our government as usual is caving into Mexico's government which of course was outraged that this gang kid was shot and killed, even though Mexican agents would have shot him also.

Old 07-14-2012, 12:55 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,780,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Because you can see where it was edited, especially in the expanded view. The building in the background is the Los Angeles Times, no matter what the lower sign says. Wherever did you find such visual propaganda without actually researching it?
Does the location really have anything to do with the message? Illegals are free to move around the US without fear of being arrested, free to demonstrate (travel from other states, such as Arizona, to California to join a demonstration), and apparently free to threaten police. Yet, I don't here you condemning the threat or is that just illegals exercising their right to freedom of speech and possibly it was just a poor choice of words as a result of their frustration from not getting what they perceive as "theirs"?

If Arabs publicly threatened to kill police, or citizens, or government agents, would that bother you, or do you think it is their "right" to freedom of speech?

Old 07-14-2012, 06:12 AM

1,575 posts, read 1,735,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post

Sadly, you are right. The so called protected class has been allowed to reduce this country to it's lowest terms. The powers that be are not going to do anything until there are riots in the streets.

Old 07-14-2012, 06:37 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,292,554 times
Amazing how realistic photoshop is these days..

Old 07-14-2012, 07:00 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,217,585 times
The pic looks doctored to me. That said one individual hardly reflects the masses. Stereotyping abounds on this forum.
If we say whites are all rednecks because of a few does this make it true?
If we say blacks are all criminals because of a few does this make it true?
I would say hardly.
My wife is asian but my math skills are superior. The sterotype is that asians rule at math.
The protestor could have been a plant. We hear this every time a racist is photographed. I agree with the plant theory most of the time.
As for give us free. Well occupy wallstreet says the same crap.

Old 07-14-2012, 07:07 AM

1,458 posts, read 1,398,260 times
It's really hard to take people seriously when they need to resort to old chain emails to enlist support.

I received another chain email days ago that looked familiar. It had been re-doctored to update it with more current information. The original email was 6 years old.

If anyone wanted to know if anyone believes everything they read?

I forgot to add: That's the LA Times building in the background.

The original chain email purports to be taken in Phoenix. So it started out as a lie from the opening sentence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration