U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 08:31 PM

23,053 posts, read 32,071,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
I'm sorry dude, i dont cry for drunk-driving illegal immigrants.

I will cry for that fact that our govt would rather take care of illegals than their own citizens (whimper!)
a few tears for those kids in newark who got their heads blown off by illegals (tears drop!)
and i'll cry for the future of our country if we don't do something about these illegals (bawling profusely!)
oh yea a few more tears for our military and veterans who sacrifice/sacrificed their lives so our government can stab them in the back by accomdating these illegals.

Old 10-01-2007, 09:27 PM

273 posts, read 179,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
First off, how do you know they were immigrants.. could of been hard working American Citizens with Hispanic heritage.

They were drinking and driving.. I wonder though would you of called the cops had it been a couple white guys, or how about a couple kids 17 years old or so? this comes off real raciest and hate filled. I am glad you took a couple drunk drivers off the road though regardless of what race they happened to be.
Yes, I would've called no matter who was driving. As a professional in the transportation industry, I've made numerous reports to police over the years....reckless driving, smoking dope while driving, drinking and driving.
Today I was a victim of road rage when a white guy who lived up the block gave me the finger and then threw his shoe at my car when I confronted him. He later apologized when the police showed up at his door.
I can't make this stuff up. Frankly I don't care where people are from, as long as they act responsibly.

Old 10-01-2007, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunky39
i am surprised that you are in no way concerned about retaliation.
trust me when they get out they will remember you.
find some other place to shop.
stephen s
san deigo ca

Sorry, I don't have much fear about retaliation. If we all thought about the risks of doing the right thing, we'd be pretty bad off. As it is, I feel immigrants are taking advantage of our hospitaility and using the benefit of the doubt for their personal gain.

Maybe the drunks thought that pablo-me was an illegal as well.

Man, that's really funny.

Old 10-01-2007, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunky39
i am surprised that you are in no way concerned about retaliation.
trust me when they get out they will remember you.
find some other place to shop.
stephen s
san deigo ca

If we all fear retaliation, we'd be in a completely lawless society. As it is, I feel many immigrants are benefiting from our openess to other nationalities, and selfishly taking advantage of the letter of our laws, social welfare and educational system.

Oh by the way, this happened in Aurora, Colorado where they have a major illegal alien problem.

Last edited by pablo-me; 10-01-2007 at 10:06 PM..

Old 10-01-2007, 10:06 PM

41 posts, read 193,723 times
Unhappy Gotta Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo-me View Post
Quote:

If we all fear retaliation, we'd be in a completely lawless society. As it is, I feel many immigrants are benefiting from our openess to other nationalities, and selfishly taking advantage of the letter of our laws, social welfare and educational system.
Good for you! I don't know how many times I haven't gotten justice for something that illegal immigrants did just because they pretended not to understand the law or speak English. For instance, by little dog was almost killed by two huge Akitas several years ago in Reno, and when I tried to go to their door to tell them about it and ask for payment of veterinary bills, all I got was "No speak English" as they hid behind their door. My dog is permanently disabled because of what happened. For God's sake, act civil or get out! (And that goes for everyone.)

Old 10-02-2007, 01:48 PM

1,510 posts, read 712,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
First off, how do you know they were immigrants.. could of been hard working American Citizens with Hispanic heritage.

They were drinking and driving.. I wonder though would you of called the cops had it been a couple white guys, or how about a couple kids 17 years old or so? this comes off real raciest and hate filled. I am glad you took a couple drunk drivers off the road though regardless of what race they happened to be.
this post raises some excellent points. what is the purpose of calling them immigrants when it is impossible to have any foreknowledge? the meat of this is that they were driving drunk. white, black, asian, or latin, it is a crime and that is the important thing. bringing race or immigration status (which is in no way foreknown) just clouds the issue and shows a very disturbing mentality towards people of different races/cultures.

Old 10-03-2007, 05:04 AM

1,210 posts, read 1,043,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuralSeeker View Post
Good for you! I don't know how many times I haven't gotten justice for something that illegal immigrants did just because they pretended not to understand the law or speak English. For instance, by little dog was almost killed by two huge Akitas several years ago in Reno, and when I tried to go to their door to tell them about it and ask for payment of veterinary bills, all I got was "No speak English" as they hid behind their door. My dog is permanently disabled because of what happened. For God's sake, act civil or get out! (And that goes for everyone.)
They are , most of them any way , the rudest most ill mannered people I have
ever encountered.

Old 10-03-2007, 01:50 PM

1,510 posts, read 712,636 times
who? drunk drivers? i agree!

Old 10-03-2007, 01:59 PM

130 posts, read 111,586 times
Drunk Driving = Bad

Assuming people who speak Spanish or look Hispanic are illegal immigrants = Bad and very prejudiced

Old 10-03-2007, 02:20 PM

5,080 posts, read 7,698,290 times
Let me clear this up.. I don't support Drunk Driving.. I also don't support racism.

I would of called the cops too, because of the drinking, and told the story without the hate message attached to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration