U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 10:53 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,015,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
...It is a VERY, VERY simple concept: There is a law that allows the children who are born here to illegal immigrants to be citizens (that is the birthright law that applies to everyone) and because children normally do not represent themselves in assistance offices, the parents and others in that household can benefit off of the children. The parents are already working and get the assistance on behalf of the baby or child and those benefits are more than enough to help that illegal immigrant to get by in the USA even more. Imagine when they have more than one child to claim...
So why can't legal immigrants work the system the same way?...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2012, 05:40 AM

8,743 posts, read 5,555,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
So why can't legal immigrants work the system the same way?...
Why on earth do you keep justifying what illegals do?? Is there anything about their behavior and what they do you find offensive? Are they merely victims of an unjust country (that being the US, not Mexico)?

Who is to say that legal immigrants aren't working the system one way or the other? Just because they are "legal" immigrants, doesn't make it right. Just because American citizens work the system doesn't make it right.

Old 07-21-2012, 05:53 AM

1,464 posts, read 2,632,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
Most illegal immigrant families in the United States use taxpayer-funded welfare programs on behalf of their American-born anchor babies.
Judicial Watch reported:Surprise, surprise; Census Bureau data reveals that most U.S. families headed by illegal immigrants use taxpayer-funded welfare programs on behalf of their American-born anchor babies. Even before the recession, immigrant households with children used welfare programs at consistently higher rates than natives, according to the extensive census data collected and analyzed by a nonpartisan Washington D.C. group dedicated to researching legal and illegal immigration in the U.S. Moderator cut: quote shortened, copyright protection
Barack Obama wants to up that number.
The Obama Administration is using a Spanish soap opera format to push food stamps on illegal immigrants and Spanish-speaking Americans
The Food Stamp program is now the nation’s second-largest welfare program after Medicaid. About 17 million people received food stamps back in 2000. Some 30 million received them in 2008. Roughly 46 million people receive them today.
I get so tired of hearing about immigrants whether legal or illegal, it is a TIRED subject to say the least. Obama is floundering so badly now with this subject that while he is out trying to "mend fences" some nutcase 24 year old gets ahold of 6,000 rounds of ammo via the internet and shoots 71 people killing 12 of them. How about that as a REAL issue?? He was not an immigrant, now was he? Howcome he cannot figure out how to have someone on his staff or some high tech person get involved in stopping being able to buy ammo via the internet??
Look, I have said it before and will say it again..the best people I have EVER had working on our home, replacing a roof were Ecuadorians and they were phenomenal workers. Don't know what there paperwork involved, don't care, they did their job and then some. The crew before them I FIRED..drinking beer while working and when they were done our roof leaked in 3 places thus the Ecuadorians came and replace the already new roof. Big mess. It has been ok ever since.
No...can't have food stamps without a social security # and some other proper identification as well as proof that your income is requiring you to apply for them. I was a food stamp administrator years ago...laws are the same I would assume. Its all about the proof.
Wanna bet the increase in the number of foodstamps given out now is due to the lack of work in general and not all of them are going to immigrants?? Come on..think this thru a little better and President Obama....lets change our focus a bit and work on the number of mentally derranged idiots who are out there buying ammo on the internet and killing people! Its called PRIORITIES folks.

Old 07-21-2012, 08:21 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,761,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pammyd View Post
I get so tired of hearing about immigrants whether legal or illegal, it is a TIRED subject to say the least. Obama is floundering so badly now with this subject that while he is out trying to "mend fences" some nutcase 24 year old gets ahold of 6,000 rounds of ammo via the internet and shoots 71 people killing 12 of them. How about that as a REAL issue?? He was not an immigrant, now was he? Howcome he cannot figure out how to have someone on his staff or some high tech person get involved in stopping being able to buy ammo via the internet??
Look, I have said it before and will say it again..the best people I have EVER had working on our home, replacing a roof were Ecuadorians and they were phenomenal workers. Don't know what there paperwork involved, don't care, they did their job and then some. The crew before them I FIRED..drinking beer while working and when they were done our roof leaked in 3 places thus the Ecuadorians came and replace the already new roof. Big mess. It has been ok ever since.
No...can't have food stamps without a social security # and some other proper identification as well as proof that your income is requiring you to apply for them. I was a food stamp administrator years ago...laws are the same I would assume. Its all about the proof.
Wanna bet the increase in the number of foodstamps given out now is due to the lack of work in general and not all of them are going to immigrants?? Come on..think this thru a little better and President Obama....lets change our focus a bit and work on the number of mentally derranged idiots who are out there buying ammo on the internet and killing people! Its called PRIORITIES folks.
Amazing hypocrisy there. You whine about lack of jobs being the reason for increased food stamp use, but you brag about bringing in illegals to do your work so very cheaply.

You're the one who wants to replace Americans with cheap illegals -- but at least admit that what you paid your cheap illegals wouldn't let them raise their families on. Illegals of course are getting food stamps and Medicaid and much much more, just like Americans, illegals can't afford to live on those crap wages.

Old 07-21-2012, 04:49 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,824,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pammyd View Post
Yes, the Colorado massacre is a tragedy, and it is being discussed next door. In fact, they have a sticky. You will also find numerous threads debating Obama's job performance. However, this is the Illegal Immigration Forum, and here, we discuss the subject of illegal immigration. It may not be a REAL ISSUE to you, but it is to others. If you're tired of hearing about illegal aliens, why bother visiting a forum devoted to the topic?

Old 07-21-2012, 07:30 PM

3,151 posts, read 3,215,828 times
Immigrants (legal or illegal) are not eligible for food stamps. I am a legal immigrant myself (with ID and SSN) and not eligible for any benefit(food stamp, medicare etc.) I pay for social security, medicaid every month from my pay check but I will not be able to get any benefit from it as I am not a citizen. I do not have any children born in USA. I am not eligible for any food stamps. if I have a kid born in USA(who is american citizen) then only I am eligible for any benefits.

Old 07-22-2012, 09:27 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,761,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by munna21977 View Post
Immigrants (legal or illegal) are not eligible for food stamps. I am a legal immigrant myself (with ID and SSN) and not eligible for any benefit(food stamp, medicare etc.) I pay for social security, medicaid every month from my pay check but I will not be able to get any benefit from it as I am not a citizen. I do not have any children born in USA. I am not eligible for any food stamps. if I have a kid born in USA(who is american citizen) then only I am eligible for any benefits.
In reality they are. Food stamps doesn't even count as a "public charge", nor does Medicaid -- many immigrants get food stamps, WIC, Medicaid, housing vouchers. TANF does count as "public charge" but not all the others. People sponsor family members all the time yet are not taking out medical insurance policies, there is no requirement to do so and they do not pay for their medical bills.

For the illegals, all it takes is to give birth and the illegal can go apply and pick up the food stamps at their local welfare office. Amount of food stamps is based on household size. Illegals never pay their hospital bills even for those maternity visits that bring them all the food stamps, WIC and much much more. Illegals are given Medicaid cards for their US born children and they can pass those cards around, share them to get free care for those children not born in the USA. They do this ALL the time.

Old 07-22-2012, 09:58 AM

I am an immigrant and I cannot give birth to a US citizen as I am a man. last I checked any kid born in USA is a US citizen, not an illegal. I am a legal immigrant and I am not eligible for any food stamp, medicaid, housing voucher or WIC. for all those things, one has to be a US citizen. can you enlighten me how can I can get all this stuff. can you show me any government website which gives the eligibility criteria for food stamps. US born child is US citizen and US born child gets food stamp, not illegals. cant you understand that simple thing. you should change your rant from illegal immigrants getting foodstamps to legal US citizen children of illegal immigrants getting food stamps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
In reality they are. Food stamps doesn't even count as a "public charge", nor does Medicaid -- many immigrants get food stamps, WIC, Medicaid, housing vouchers. TANF does count as "public charge" but not all the others. People sponsor family members all the time yet are not taking out medical insurance policies, there is no requirement to do so and they do not pay for their medical bills.

For the illegals, all it takes is to give birth and the illegal can go apply and pick up the food stamps at their local welfare office. Amount of food stamps is based on household size. Illegals never pay their hospital bills even for those maternity visits that bring them all the food stamps, WIC and much much more. Illegals are given Medicaid cards for their US born children and they can pass those cards around, share them to get free care for those children not born in the USA. They do this ALL the time.

Old 07-22-2012, 11:50 AM

2,477 posts, read 1,713,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by munna21977 View Post
I am an immigrant and I cannot give birth to a US citizen as I am a man. last I checked any kid born in USA is a US citizen, not an illegal. I am a legal immigrant and I am not eligible for any food stamp, medicaid, housing voucher or WIC. for all those things, one has to be a US citizen. can you enlighten me how can I can get all this stuff. can you show me any government website which gives the eligibility criteria for food stamps. US born child is US citizen and US born child gets food stamp, not illegals. cant you understand that simple thing. you should change your rant from illegal immigrants getting foodstamps to legal US citizen children of illegal immigrants getting food stamps.
Any child born on US soil is assumed to be a US Citizen. The birth certificate is nothing more than the beginning of an ID for the child and does not state nationality or status of the child or the parents. The birth certificate is only one document used by the DoS to determine if someone born on US soil is a US citizen, cant you understand that simple thing.

Immigrants, like yourself, can collect and may be eligible for welfare, one does not need citizenship to use it. SNAP/Food Stamps and Immigrants - MassLegalHelp Immigrants in most cases must be here for 5 years before they are eligible, but not in all cases. Your SS can be collected when you retire, you can either obtain it from the USA or through your own country by way of Totalization Agreements. International Programs - U.S. International Social Security Agreements

Old 07-22-2012, 12:23 PM

I will reply about social security agreement. Can you please look at the countries with which US has social security agreement. There are 206 countries in the world. US has SS agreement with about 25 countries, roughly 12%. what will a citizen of china or india or mali working in USA do?????so this agreement that SS can be collected when you retire in your country fails miserably as it covers only 25 countries-not those countries like India, China from where so many immigrants come.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
Any child born on US soil is assumed to be a US Citizen. The birth certificate is nothing more than the beginning of an ID for the child and does not state nationality or status of the child or the parents. The birth certificate is only one document used by the DoS to determine if someone born on US soil is a US citizen, cant you understand that simple thing.

Immigrants, like yourself, can collect and may be eligible for welfare, one does not need citizenship to use it. SNAP/Food Stamps and Immigrants - MassLegalHelp Immigrants in most cases must be here for 5 years before they are eligible, but not in all cases. Your SS can be collected when you retire, you can either obtain it from the USA or through your own country by way of Totalization Agreements. International Programs - U.S. International Social Security Agreements
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or