U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 09:36 AM

5,787 posts, read 3,835,346 times

Advertisements

Most illegal immigrant families in the United States use taxpayer-funded welfare programs on behalf of their American-born anchor babies.
Judicial Watch reported:
Surprise, surprise; Census Bureau data reveals that most U.S. families headed by illegal immigrants use taxpayer-funded welfare programs on behalf of their American-born anchor babies. Even before the recession, immigrant households with children used welfare programs at consistently higher rates than natives, according to the extensive census data collected and analyzed by a nonpartisan Washington D.C. group dedicated to researching legal and illegal immigration in the U.S. Moderator cut: quote shortened, copyright protection

Barack Obama wants to up that number.
The Obama Administration is using a Spanish soap opera format to push food stamps on illegal immigrants and Spanish-speaking Americans

The Food Stamp program is now the nation’s second-largest welfare program after Medicaid. About 17 million people received food stamps back in 2000. Some 30 million received them in 2008. Roughly 46 million people receive them today.

Last edited by Yac; 07-17-2012 at 02:20 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2012, 10:05 AM

8,287 posts, read 11,478,758 times
First of all this is in the wrong sub forum since this belongs in the "Illegal" sub forum. Secondly you can't get food stamps unless you have a Social Security card & number so I don't believe that "illegals" are getting food stamps unless they are using false documents. Lastly you seem to interchange the words "immigrants" and "illegal immigrants" as if they were the same thing. You have issues.

Old 07-16-2012, 10:09 AM

I'd say I used ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT and IMMIGRANT quite clearly.....besides, I QUOTED Judicial Watch...

Are you surprised they have stolen or forged IDs and SS#s

And this is about politics as it says in the title....Obama wants to increase the number.

Old 07-16-2012, 10:21 AM

12,738 posts, read 7,360,267 times
Your links are a right wing blog and a far right web site. As soon as I read the links I smelled a strong odor of partisan.

Old 07-16-2012, 10:29 AM

7,624 posts, read 8,119,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
First of all this is in the wrong sub forum since this belongs in the "Illegal" sub forum. Secondly you can't get food stamps unless you have a Social Security card & number so I don't believe that "illegals" are getting food stamps unless they are using false documents. Lastly you seem to interchange the words "immigrants" and "illegal immigrants" as if they were the same thing. You have issues.
That's because they are using stolen SS #s ... there's a decent chance they could even be using YOUR SS #

That's ok ... they are just doing the work that Americans won't do right
Hard work and good family values my *****

Old 07-16-2012, 10:31 AM

86,093 posts, read 69,904,378 times
Quote:
Yes, that is what the law states. But one wonders how well our government is keeping to the law.

In Texas our border counties have the highest enrollment in food stamps program.
Strange coincidence eh ?

Interactive: Texas Food Insecurity and Food Stamp Maps

Old 07-16-2012, 10:33 AM

3,493 posts, read 2,386,453 times
The facts are pretty straightfoward. Less than half of all illegals have a high school diploma. A majority don't speak English. They're basically Latin America's underclass. They have to collect welfare or they wouldn't be able to survive in America. They don't have the skills or education to remain here otherwise.

The worst thing Obama's done is to pander to the hispanic lobby by handing illegals benefits. People who sneak into this country in violation of our laws should be heavily fined and the deported. Instead pols on both sides pander relentlessly to them. It's absurd.

Old 07-16-2012, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Your links are a right wing blog and a far right web site. As soon as I read the links I smelled a strong odor of partisan.

Judicial Watch is a non-partisan group.

Old 07-16-2012, 10:36 AM

33,325 posts, read 14,553,617 times
Quote:
First I believe YOU are wrong.

This the Politics AND OTHER CONTROVERSIES forum.

Who are you to decide what is controversial and what is not?

If you don't like the thread, don't reply.

Old 07-16-2012, 10:44 AM

5,302 posts, read 4,012,769 times
CIS identifies something as simple as reduced-cost school lunches as receiving "welfare". They definately blur the distinction of "immigrant" to "illegal alien", and misrepresent data and immigration processes on their site. Not an unbiased source.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or