Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 12:49 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,845,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
I don't remember NY being majority hispanic 100 years ago.
How old are you?...

You have your state acronyms off, I said New Mexico...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2012, 12:58 PM

50,239 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Based on some report of "Border patrol data" (no reference given) that doesn't take into account for anyone leaving the US?

So you believe 1 out of every 6 people in the US are illegal?
In some areas like Escondido it is higher than that, easily. In N Dakota? Nope.

Old 07-16-2012, 01:44 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times
Reading all the replies to my original question leaves me with estimates/guesses of an illegal alien invasion of somewhere between 5 million to 60 million with a majority thinking 10-12 Million would be the most reasonable estimate and most illegals coming from Mexico..
Thanks..

Old 07-16-2012, 02:18 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,845,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
A few hispanics immigrating here years ago does not grant the right for 10-20 million coming here illegally.
You edited this down by 40 million (originally saying "50-60 million coming here illegally"). Why? Especially if you are saying you can't come with any hard numbers.

Old 07-16-2012, 02:42 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,555,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Reading all the replies to my original question leaves me with estimates/guesses of an illegal alien invasion of somewhere between 5 million to 60 million with a majority thinking 10-12 Million would be the most reasonable estimate and most illegals coming from Mexico..
Thanks..
We have been fed the 10-12 million "estimate" for the past decade. In reality, none of our government agencies have a clue. I imagine we won't know until another mass amnesty is offered, or our country implodes, whichever comes first. But, I wouldn't be surprised if at least 40 million are here. After all, according to the government, we had an "estimated" 1 million illegals in 1986. Of course when they passed amnesty, three times that number applied. The government doesn't want us to know the true magnitude of this invasion. They certainly don't want us to know the fiscal burden. Otherwise, people would realize just how corrupt and inept they are.

Old 07-16-2012, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
We have been fed the 10-12 million "estimate" for the past decade. In reality, none of our government agencies have a clue. I imagine we won't know until another mass amnesty is offered, or our country implodes, whichever comes first. But, I wouldn't be surprised if at least 40 million are here. After all, according to the government, we had an "estimated" 1 million illegals in 1986. Of course when they passed amnesty, three times that number applied. The government doesn't want us to know the true magnitude of this invasion. They certainly don't want us to know the fiscal burden. Otherwise, people would realize just how corrupt and inept they are.
If none of our government agencies have a clue as to how many illegals are here how can the average American citizen come to a more accurate conclusion? and if indeed 40 Million illegals are here why bother with borders at all as it seems any one who wants to come is free to just walk right in..

Old 07-16-2012, 03:16 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,555,982 times
Quote:
If none of our government agencies have a clue as to how many illegals are here how can the average American citizen come to a more accurate conclusion? and if indeed 40 Million illegals are here why bother with borders at all as it seems any one who wants to come is free to just walk right in..
Again, it's all a guesstimate. Perhaps citizens are noticing the dramatic increase in the Hispanic "immigrant" population in their areas, including overcrowded schools and overwhelmed ERs, and are estimating on the basis of that. I have no idea. However, it is indeed a fact that the government does not maintain records on the illegal population. Why do you think they don't? Even our prison systems refuse to account for illegal aliens. Rather, they classify all "non-citizen" prisoners (legal/illegal) as criminal aliens. Essentially, we have no borders. Otherwise, we would not have this level of unprecedented massive illegal immigration. The U.S. is now a free-for-all.

Old 07-16-2012, 03:55 PM

I'd suppose the lack of concise numbers on the issue would be the illegals are undocumented aliens therefore theres nothing to count to get more precise numbers so i guess guesstimating is as good as it gets.
Personally i havent seen any one who looks Hispanic for a while and those that i did see could have been legal for all i know..Or are we at the point now whereby if some one looks Hispanic they are automatically assumed to be illegals.
If i were to guesstimate by the numbers of Hispanics i see and assuming they are in fact illegals i'd say there must be a dozen or so.

Old 07-16-2012, 03:58 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Actually they do just walk across the border and make this country their home.
And if they are not felons no one is going to kick them out even if they run through the streets telling everyone they are here illegally.

There is nothing we can do about it. Our government has granted them stealth amnesty by not upholding our laws. And they will not let states step up to the plate and do it either.

Old 07-16-2012, 04:45 PM

This news story seems at odds with your assessment of how easy illegals have it here in the USA.
Deportations Of Immigrants Hits Record Number Under Obama Administration

Heres another and yes while many are indeed felons many others arent..

http://articles.cnn.com/2011-10-18/u...ement?_s=PM:US

Doesnt sound like the Obama admin is sitting idly by while aliens supposedly just walk into the country and stay..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration