U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-22-2012, 08:24 AM
 
25,631 posts, read 29,103,055 times
Reputation: 23049

Advertisements

That was a statement from ICE's union. I am sure we are not getting the whole story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-22-2012, 10:17 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
This story doesn't make any sense at all. We all know the ICE council is vehemently opposed to all of Obama's immigration policies. Simply put, i don't believe a word that comes out of Crane's mouth.
Of course they vehemently oppose Obama's policies. Why wouldn't they, considering he has essentially tied their hands, and prevented them from enforcing the laws they swore to uphold? It would be the same if police officers were instructed they could only report crime, but could not have criminals prosecuted for their crimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
The new policy prevents anyone with a felony from qualifying, so whose fault is it again that they didn't charge this guy? Certainly not Obama's fault!!!
ICE didn't charge him, because they were following Obama's orders. So, yes, it is certainly Obama's fault that criminal aliens are allowed to violate our laws with impunity.


Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
This guy has disqualified himself from Obama's new policy because of having these charges on his record.
No, he has NOT disqualified himself. Charges mean nothing, unless they are also followed by a conviction. The guy was released, and there will be no conviction record for his domestic violence charges, or for his brazen assault of a federal agent. Hence, there is nothing to interfere with his deferred action. He will submit his application, just like the rest of the Dreamie miscreants who commit ID theft, fraud, and other sundry crimes, but have managed to avoid a felony conviction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Your own quote from the ICE council claims he was ordered released because he had no criminal charges? Well seems he did have criminal charges on his record.
Perhaps you'd like to quote where they stated he was released because he had no prior charges. He had been "charged" by local police with domestic violence. However, once in ICE custody, and after assaulting an ICE agent, he was released without ever having been questioned by an ICE manager.

They said, and I quote, "Instead of being charged and held in custody, agents were ordered by ICE managers to release the alien without criminal or immigration charges, essentially granting amnesty under President Obama's new policies simply because the alien is a certain age, attending school, and residing in the United States." In other words, ICE did not charge him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
So which is it? Either the cops are lying or the ICE council is lying and trying to make Obama look bad.
Neither lied. Again, he was charged by local police with domestic violence. They contacted ICE, and released him into their custody. While in ICE custody, he assaulted an agent. However, he was not charged by ICE, because they were instructed (in accordance with Obama's directive) to release him without criminal or immigration charges. It's quite simple. I don't understand why this is so difficult for you to comprehend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2012, 10:34 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
That was a statement from ICE's union. I am sure we are not getting the whole story.
I am sure there are details not included in this statement. However, the salient point is, an illegal alien who was charged by local police with domestic violence, and then released into the custody of ICE agents, assaulted an agent, yet was released by ICE without facing even one charge.

Had Obama not issued his deferred action directive, this guy would still be in ICE custody facing multiple charges, including federal felony offenses in relation to his assault on an ICE agent. Given his obvious proclivity for violence, he would most likely also be scheduled for deportation. Again, I think we both know what would have happened to a citizen who dared assault a federal agent.

If I see an update, I will post it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2012, 03:03 PM
 
4,828 posts, read 6,790,161 times
Reputation: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I am sure there are details not included in this statement. However, the salient point is, an illegal alien who was charged by local police with domestic violence, and then released into the custody of ICE agents, assaulted an agent, yet was released by ICE without facing even one charge.

Had Obama not issued his deferred action directive, this guy would still be in ICE custody facing multiple charges, including federal felony offenses in relation to his assault on an ICE agent. Given his obvious proclivity for violence, he would most likely also be scheduled for deportation. Again, I think we both know what would have happened to a citizen who dared assault a federal agent.

If I see an update, I will post it.
What is stopping them from pressing charges against him for assaulting the ICE agent? Don't tell me it's Obama's policy because there is NOTHING in that directive that states or indicates that!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2012, 03:28 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
What is stopping them from pressing charges against him for assaulting the ICE agent? Don't tell me it's Obama's policy because there is NOTHING in that directive that states or indicates that!!
Newsflash: Illegal aliens who may qualify for Obama's deferred action are OFF-LIMITS. He must keep his promise not to target Dreamies, otherwise he'll risk losing the Hispanic vote. Of course, once he's re-elected, that's a different story.

Do you actually believe ICE would allow someone to assault an agent, not to mention, someone in the country illegally, and then simply release that person, unless they had been issued orders from the top? C'mon, this isn't rocket science. That's why their agents are pissed. They are now prohibited from doing their jobs.

Imagine attacking a cop at police headquarters. Then, imagine being released without as much as a citation. No, you can't imagine it, because that would never happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2012, 03:40 PM
 
4,828 posts, read 6,790,161 times
Reputation: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Newsflash: Illegal aliens who may qualify for Obama's deferred action are OFF-LIMITS. He must keep his promise not to target Dreamies, otherwise he'll risk losing the Hispanic vote. Of course, once he's re-elected, that's a different story.

Do you actually believe ICE would allow someone to assault an agent, not to mention, someone in the country illegally, and then simply release that person, unless they had been issued orders from the top? C'mon, this isn't rocket science. That's why their agents are pissed. They are now prohibited from doing their jobs.

Imagine attacking a cop at police headquarters. Then, imagine being released without as much as a citation. No, you can't imagine it, because that would never happen.
They are off limits BASED on CERTAIN conditions. Do you get that? Having a criminal record or a felony like this guy disqualifies him from being considered for deffered action. Also you do realize that you have to apply for deferred action right? Untill you post the whole facts of this story from a non-biased source, this is nothing but propaganda from the ICE union.
Quote:
Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano today announced that effective immediately, certain young people who were brought to the United States as young children, do not present a risk to national security or public safety, and meet several key criteria will be considered for relief from removal from the country or from entering into removal proceedings. Those who demonstrate that they meet the criteria will be eligible to receive deferred action for a period of two years, subject to renewal, and will be eligible to apply for work authorization.
USCIS - Secretary Napolitano Announces Deferred Action Process for Young People who are Low Enforcement Priorites

From the one-side story you posted, this guy certainly presents a risk to public safety so he wouldn't qualify under Obama's directive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2012, 04:02 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
They are off limits BASED on CERTAIN conditions. Do you get that? Having a criminal record or a felony like this guy disqualifies him from being considered for deffered action. Also you do realize that you have to apply for deferred action right? Untill you post the whole facts of this story from a non-biased source, this is nothing but propaganda from the ICE union.

USCIS - Secretary Napolitano Announces Deferred Action Process for Young People who are Low Enforcement Priorites

From the one-side story you posted, this guy certainly presents a risk to public safety so he wouldn't qualify under Obama's directive.
What part of he has no felony conviction do you not comprehend? A person can't be convicted of a crime and have a criminal record if they were released without charges. How is a statement from the ICE Union biased? If this is propaganda as you claim, prove it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2012, 04:17 PM
 
4,828 posts, read 6,790,161 times
Reputation: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
What part of he has no felony conviction do you not comprehend? A person can't be convicted of a crime and have a criminal record if they were released without charges. How is a statement from the ICE Union biased? If this is propaganda as you claim, prove it.
Hmm so let me see. This guy assaulted a family member and was arrested by the cops, charged for assault and put in jail. ICE comes along to take him away and he literally flees the jail and in the process assaults a federal agent. They catch him a few blocks away. Somehow, after ALL this happens, they release him without pressing a single charge against him. One of the agents who was injured in the assault is now on leave and facing disciplinary action. Is everything that i've summarized right? i have a few questions for you though

1) Why would the injured officer face disciplinary action?

2) Does the above story make any sense to you?

3) Why did the sherrifs charge the guy for assaulting another family member, yet somehow they refuse to charge him for assualting a FEDERAL AGENT?

Now let me prove to you why Crane from the ICE union is biased. Let's take a look at his statement
Quote:
Instead of being charged and held in custody, agents were ordered by ICE managers to release the alien without criminal or immigration charges, essentially granting amnesty under President Obama's new policies simply because the alien is a certain age, attending school, and residing in the United States. I don't believe any American is asking for such an extremist approach to limiting immigration enforcement," said Crane.
Now where in Obama's directive does it say the ONLY criteria for qualifying for deferred action is by being a certain age, attending school, and residing in the United states? Also, how does this new policy qualify as Amnesty since it doesn't change the legal status of the recepient? I'm looking forward to your answers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2012, 04:47 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Hmm so let me see. This guy assaulted a family member and was arrested by the cops, charged for assault and put in jail. ICE comes along to take him away and he literally flees the jail and in the process assaults a federal agent. They catch him a few blocks away. Somehow, after ALL this happens, they release him without pressing a single charge against him. One of the agents who was injured in the assault is now on leave and facing disciplinary action. Is everything that i've summarized right? i have a few questions for you though

1) Why would the injured officer face disciplinary action?

2) Does the above story make any sense to you?

3) Why did the sherrifs charge the guy for assaulting another family member, yet somehow they refuse to charge him for assualting a FEDERAL AGENT?

Now let me prove to you why Crane from the ICE union is biased. Let's take a look at his statement


Now where in Obama's directive does it say the ONLY criteria for qualifying for deferred action is by being a certain age, attending school, and residing in the United states? Also, how does this new policy qualify as Amnesty since it doesn't change the legal status of the recepient? I'm looking forward to your answers
It's quite simple. When orders are issued from the top, normal protocol goes out the window. However, without being privy to all of the details of this incident, your guess is as good as mine as to why disciplinary actions are being taken against the agent. I imagine during the course of this altercation, the agent disobeyed policy. That is generally a reason for disciplinary action.

For the umpteenth time, unlike local law enforcement, ICE falls under the direct purview of DHS. DHS issued STRICT directives on the proper procedures for handling illegals protected by Obama's deferred action. That is why ICE refused to file charges.

When did I even allude to ALL requirements for deferred action? Perhaps you'd like to quote me. However, being a certain age, enrolled in school, and being in the country illegally, are the primary requirements to qualify. Is it possible to qualify without all three? Of course not.

Oh, but it DOES change their status. Even prior to the implementation of their deferred action, they are off-limits, no longer fearful of deportation, and celebrating their new freedom. Are they not? With deferred action, they will have a LEGAL right to live in this country, work in this country, drive in this country, and who knows what else will be added. So, yes, it is AMNESTY. In case you don't know, amnesty does not require illegals receive a path to citizenship. It is a pardon, reprieve, absolution for being in this country in violation of our immigration laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2012, 05:57 PM
 
25,631 posts, read 29,103,055 times
Reputation: 23049
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I am sure there are details not included in this statement. However, the salient point is, an illegal alien who was charged by local police with domestic violence, and then released into the custody of ICE agents, assaulted an agent, yet was released by ICE without facing even one charge.

Had Obama not issued his deferred action directive, this guy would still be in ICE custody facing multiple charges, including federal felony offenses in relation to his assault on an ICE agent. Given his obvious proclivity for violence, he would most likely also be scheduled for deportation. Again, I think we both know what would have happened to a citizen who dared assault a federal agent.

If I see an update, I will post it.

I understand your frustration. Trust me I am a vocal anti-Obungler on this board.

However, A release from the LEO's Union doesn't make me want to jump on thier side immediately.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top