U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 06:31 PM

2,477 posts, read 1,711,133 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Hmm so let me see. This guy assaulted a family member and was arrested by the cops, charged for assault and put in jail. ICE comes along to take him away and he literally flees the jail and in the process assaults a federal agent. They catch him a few blocks away. Somehow, after ALL this happens, they release him without pressing a single charge against him. One of the agents who was injured in the assault is now on leave and facing disciplinary action. Is everything that i've summarized right? i have a few questions for you though

1) Why would the injured officer face disciplinary action?

2) Does the above story make any sense to you?

3) Why did the sherrifs charge the guy for assaulting another family member, yet somehow they refuse to charge him for assualting a FEDERAL AGENT?

Now let me prove to you why Crane from the ICE union is biased. Let's take a look at his statement

Now where in Obama's directive does it say the ONLY criteria for qualifying for deferred action is by being a certain age, attending school, and residing in the United states? Also, how does this new policy qualify as Amnesty since it doesn't change the legal status of the recepient? I'm looking forward to your answers
As you point out, he has only been charged for assault by the Sheriffs, he has not yet been convicted of it.

Directly from the OP link:
Quote:
"ICE managers didn't even question the criminal alien but instead ordered that he immediately be released in accordance with the President's new immigration polices stating that ICE's mission now is to identify aliens and release them," said Crane. "As an agency we're just checking boxes in an effort to release everyone we can. Law enforcement, public safety and common sense are all out the window; officers are under orders to ignore the danger signs, even when they witness a possible felony assault of one of our own officers."
ICE Managers made a decision based on poor understanding of the memo which isn't even in full effect yet due to not having all the policy changes or definitions in. This isn't expected until August 1. These managers jumped the gun and should be held liable themselves, since they only seem to have read the memo and made assumptions from it. From the DHS link:
Quote:
Only those individuals who can prove through verifiable documentation that they meet these criteria will be eligible for deferred action.
I say fire those managers immediately and attempt to find this illegal that was let go and either jail him or deport him.

Illegals are to be apprehended and prosecuted according to DHS as it is only under this condition that they can apply for prosecutorial discretion. After Aug 1 they will have in place instructions on how to apply for PD prior to being apprehended. Even still if they are apprehended after the fact, all rules of deportation still apply. The determining factor seems to be how they were apprehended.

Last edited by Liquid Reigns; 07-22-2012 at 06:42 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2012, 07:50 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,278,864 times
That illegal alien needed to be kept IN jail till it was time for court. Assaulting a peace officer? I'd be arrested and have the key throw away and I'm an American. Sheesh!

Old 07-22-2012, 10:17 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,789,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
As you point out, he has only been charged for assault by the Sheriffs, he has not yet been convicted of it.

Directly from the OP link: ICE Managers made a decision based on poor understanding of the memo which isn't even in full effect yet due to not having all the policy changes or definitions in. This isn't expected until August 1. These managers jumped the gun and should be held liable themselves, since they only seem to have read the memo and made assumptions from it. From the DHS link:I say fire those managers immediately and attempt to find this illegal that was let go and either jail him or deport him.

Illegals are to be apprehended and prosecuted according to DHS as it is only under this condition that they can apply for prosecutorial discretion. After Aug 1 they will have in place instructions on how to apply for PD prior to being apprehended. Even still if they are apprehended after the fact, all rules of deportation still apply. The determining factor seems to be how they were apprehended.
My point is we can't make any conclusions based on this press release from the ICE union. Unless the OP provides a genuine news article about this incident, I'll take it with a grain of salt. It just doesn't make any sense to me at all and it smacks of propaganda.

Old 07-22-2012, 10:56 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,807,269 times
Quote:
My point is we can't make any conclusions based on this press release from the ICE union. Unless the OP provides a genuine news article about this incident, I'll take it with a grain of salt. It just doesn't make any sense to me at all and it smacks of propaganda.
Most people find it unbelievable that the U.S. government has allowed untold millions to have unfettered access to our country illegally, overcrowd our schools to the detriment of our own students, overwhelm our ERs, give birth to millions of babies at taxpayers' expense, qualify for tax-funded organ transplants and kidney dialysis, and myriad other benefits and services few countries would ever consider offering foreigners who have flagrantly violated the laws of their sovereign nation. But, it is a reality.

The truth is often difficult to fathom, especially when it is so outrageous as to be deemed impossible. But, when it relates to pandering to illegal aliens, nothing surprises me anymore.

Again, if there are updates on this issue, I will gladly share. Actually, there is no need for propaganda. The reality of the non-enforcement of our immigration laws is glaringly clear to the entire world.

Old 07-23-2012, 12:19 AM

1,150 posts, read 990,683 times
Quote:
Your own quote from the ICE council claims he was ordered released because he had no criminal charges? Well seems he did have criminal charges on his record.

So which is it? Either the cops are lying or the ICE council is lying and trying to make Obama look bad.
Among the reasons given for his release is that he's attending school, and of a certain age. That sounds like he may be a minor, and that might be the reason he had no criminal charges on his record. Frequently juvenile records are sealed, which means in effect they have no reord.

Old 07-23-2012, 12:28 AM

1,150 posts, read 990,683 times
Quote:
They are off limits BASED on CERTAIN conditions. Do you get that? Having a criminal record or a felony like this guy disqualifies him from being considered for deffered action. Also you do realize that you have to apply for deferred action right? Untill you post the whole facts of this story from a non-biased source, this is nothing but propaganda from the ICE union.

USCIS - Secretary Napolitano Announces Deferred Action Process for Young People who are Low Enforcement Priorites

From the one-side story you posted, this guy certainly presents a risk to public safety so he wouldn't qualify under Obama's directive.
That's your opinion. Apparently someone with authority doesn't share your opinion.

Old 07-23-2012, 08:07 AM

8,743 posts, read 5,549,980 times
Default 12 out of 23 die in car crash

Sorry, post deleted. I meant to start a new thread.

Old 07-23-2012, 09:02 AM

5,302 posts, read 4,009,391 times
Quote:
Exactly right, T.J. Bonner was another union rep I tended to stop believing too...

Since he was replaced I haven't seen near the same level of comments from his successor...

Old 07-23-2012, 07:20 PM

2,477 posts, read 1,711,133 times
Quote:
Sure we can make conclusions, hell I even highlighted them in my previous comment. The managers in charge at ICE are the ones that ordered the release. The question is: why did they (the managers)?

What does a "genuine" news article have to do with it? The link is exactly what those writing the "genuine" news article use for their article.

To answer your questions from this comment:
Quote:
1) Why would the injured officer face disciplinary action?

2) Does the above story make any sense to you?

3) Why did the sherrifs charge the guy for assaulting another family member, yet somehow they refuse to charge him for assualting a FEDERAL AGENT?
1) Maybe because he went to pick up the illegal from the Sheriffs when he was instructed not to by higher ups. Maybe they wanted to wait until the illegal was convicted.
2)Sure does. Does it leave out some info - sure does. Does it change the facts that we know? sure doesn't.
3)The Sheriffs can not charge him for assaulting a Federal Officer, it is out of their jurisdiction. Only ICE or DHS can charge the illegal for federal assault.

I can go on, but I hope you get the jist of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or