U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 09:22 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,662,080 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
What these raza advocacy groups want is to gain political, numerical and cultural dominance in this country. That means we will lose the present identity of this nation to being Hispanic in identity instead. Since tribal ethnocentricism is prevelant among these groups with political power "everything will be for the raza and for the rest of us nada".
Actually: the worst thing that the la raza types would want is the USA going Hispanic due to the White supremacy of such culture. Remember the elite in Mexico is mostly White----------and, if us Anglos did turn 'Latino'--------it would screw the Chicanos over badly. Take a look at a Mx telenovela; the 'brown' people are usually the peons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2010, 09:32 PM

515 posts, read 606,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
That concerns me as well........besides; not all 'brown' people are Latino--------most Middle Easterners, East Indians, some Italians, Germans, English, Hungarians, etc. too have swarthy complexions. And of course there are the Native Americans.
Do not mistake having a British passport for actually being English! There are NO swarthy English people....none!

Old 03-03-2010, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meemy View Post
Do not mistake having a British passport for actually being English! There are NO swarthy English people....none!
Actually; I met a woman here in Arizona whom I thought was a Latina--------till she spoke. She was English. Many 'White' Englishmen look like light skinned Hispanics since quite a few are genetically similar to Spaniards.

Whereas Scots tend to have lighter complexions with the notable exceptions of folks like Dario Franchitti (Scotsman, born/raised of Italian heritage).

Old 03-03-2010, 07:41 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,830,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meemy View Post
If I understand you correctly, even if one is born in England and spends their entire life there, they are not considered “English” unless they have white skin? Does British law stipulate this? I thought Corrine Bailey-Rae is English, despite her biracial heritage. I also didn’t realize “English” denotes a particular race, as opposed to being a nationality.

Old 03-03-2010, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
If I understand you correctly, even if one is born in England and spends their entire life there, they are not considered “English” unless they have white skin? Does British law stipulate this? I thought Corrine Bailey-Rae is English, despite her biracial heritage. I also didn’t realize “English” denotes a particular race, as opposed to being a nationality.
Good point. I also met a couple of English people (their accent, body language, etc. confirmed their 'culture')---------and, they were Black.

Old 03-03-2010, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Good point. I also met a couple of English people (their accent, body language, etc. confirmed their 'culture')---------and, they were Black.
Yes, we’re everywhere.

Old 03-03-2010, 08:36 AM

3,855 posts, read 4,091,837 times
Quote:
Actually: the worst thing that the la raza types would want is the USA going Hispanic due to the White supremacy of such culture. Remember the elite in Mexico is mostly White----------and, if us Anglos did turn 'Latino'--------it would screw the Chicanos over badly. Take a look at a Mx telenovela; the 'brown' people are usually the peons.
So the Mexican Elite is sending the peons over to word and fight for rights and to change the "Complexion" of America?

Let me ask you this...Lets remove the 12-20 million aliens here.

now there are only Hispanic Americans, Black Americans, and Anglo American...Dont you think that this "Change" in complexion is not going to happen anyway?...With Bi-Racial Americans being the Fastest Growing group of Americans

With Anglo birthrates at all time lows, does it really matter if anglos lose their majority in number in 2060, or 3000...?

Its natural progresion, even without illegal aliens, American will change.
Look at 1860 to 1960...From Civil War to The Civil Rights Act.

2060...Most of us will be gone and the world will keep turning.

Old 03-03-2010, 08:51 AM

1,150 posts, read 992,216 times
<<So if Mexico takes over the USA and turns it into a third world country overnight, then the radical Muslims can come in and take them over,then the Chinese will be sitting in the wings....I don't think Mexico has a chance.>>

I've often thought this about the Muslims. They'd love to have this country fractured so they could move in and institute Sharia law. I don't know how that would fly with Hispanics, since most ot them are Catholic, but I'd suggest they get ready to bow to Allah 5 times a day. Illegal aliens should be careful what they wish for.

Old 03-03-2010, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
So the Mexican Elite is sending the peons over to word and fight for rights and to change the "Complexion" of America?

now there are only Hispanic Americans, Black Americans, and Anglo American...Dont you think that this "Change" in complexion is not going to happen anyway?...With Bi-Racial Americans being the Fastest Growing group of Americans

With Anglo birthrates at all time lows, does it really matter if anglos lose their majority in number in 2060, or 3000...?

Race/ethnicity is NOT the issue. Illegal aliens are here in violation of our laws, period.

Old 03-03-2010, 10:39 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,163,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post

With the removal of 20 million illegals in this country (yes that is a more accurate figure) and 15 million of them probably being of latino extraction that would indeed go a long ways in not becoming another Hispanic nation in the future. I really don't care about someone's complexion but I do care about retaining the culture and identity of this country.

You are assuming that an anglo mating with a latino automatically changes the "complexion" of this country? How so? Their kids would be just as much anglo as latinos. Maybe that anglo doesn't want a half dozen kids like his/her latino spouse wants either.

There would be no "natural" progression of our country becoming Hispanic in identity with these illegals removed. Yes, it does matter to white, black, asian citizens that we retain our natural identity as a nation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration