U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 11:22 AM

3,887 posts, read 6,005,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
For many or most that is probably correct. They are here for the jobs and the handouts also. But groups like the NCLR, Mecha, Lulac and the Chicano nationalists groups want the invasion to continue so that they can gain political, numerical and cultural control over this country aka "a takever." The illegals from south of our border are just their little foot soldiers to help them achieve that goal.
Quite true!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2010, 11:26 AM

3,855 posts, read 4,092,365 times
Quote:
With the removal of 20 million illegals in this country (yes that is a more accurate figure) and 15 million of them probably being of latino extraction that would indeed go a long ways in not becoming another Hispanic nation in the future. I really don't care about someone's complexion but I do care about retaining the culture and identity of this country.

You are assuming that an anglo mating with a latino automatically changes the "complexion" of this country? How so? Their kids would be just as much anglo as latinos. Maybe that anglo doesn't want a half dozen kids like his/her latino spouse wants either.

There would be no "natural" progression of our country becoming Hispanic in identity with these illegals removed. Yes, it does matter to white, black, asian citizens that we retain our natural identity as a nation.
Whos culture and identity?...yours?

Why is your culture and Identity and better than any other culture?

If the Founding Fathers wanted to keep "Their" culture and Identity, they would have "Established" a "National Identity and Culture".

So, since they didnt, your culture or Identity is no more improtant-or deserving preservation- than any other Culture.

Not One Drop of American Blood should be shed to preserve anyones "Culture".

Old 03-03-2010, 12:12 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,665,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post

If the Founding Fathers wanted to keep "Their" culture and Identity, they would have "Established" a "National Identity and Culture".

So, since they didnt, your culture or Identity is no more improtant-or deserving preservation- than any other Culture.

Our culture is strongly based on English Anglo Saxon: to wit; the English language, Rule of Law, belief in self improvement, etc.

If a bunch of illegal aliens take offence-------too damn bad. They can leave any time--------before they are booted out of the USA..

Old 03-03-2010, 12:17 PM

Quote:
With the removal of 20 million illegals in this country (yes that is a more accurate figure) and 15 million of them probably being of latino extraction that would indeed go a long ways in not becoming another Hispanic nation in the future. I really don't care about someone's complexion but I do care about retaining the culture and identity of this country.

You are assuming that an anglo mating with a latino automatically changes the "complexion" of this country? How so? Their kids would be just as much anglo as latinos. Maybe that anglo doesn't want a half dozen kids like his/her latino spouse wants either.

There would be no "natural" progression of our country becoming Hispanic in identity with these illegals removed. Yes, it does matter to white, black, asian citizens that we retain our natural identity as a nation.
Anymore: an 'Anglo' can be of any race/ancestral ethnicity IMHO.

Old 03-03-2010, 01:38 PM

The Texas State Board of Education...Did not require the teaching of "Anglo" culture in their World History, American History, or Texas History Class curricula of the 1970's...Maybe they do now, but not back then.

Old 03-03-2010, 01:46 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,831,384 times
Quote:

Are you suggesting there is no “American” culture? Then, how do we differ from Iranians, or any other nationality? Do we dress the same, speak the same language, have the same laws, eat the same food, etc? Do tell.

Old 03-03-2010, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Are you suggesting there is no “American” culture? Then, how do we differ from Iranians, or any other nationality? Do we dress the same, speak the same language, have the same laws, eat the same food, etc? Do tell.
That does annoy me that so many people do not think the USA has a specific culture. Especially in light of so many physically broken nations with putative 'cultures' in deep doo-doo asking for help from the 'culture less' USA----------Chile, Haiti and soon to be Mexico (narco war) all coming to mind.

Old 03-03-2010, 02:41 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,164,328 times
Quote:

The culture and language that is dominant in this country and has been since its founding, that's what culture. For example, the English langauge is a part of it. I never said that the dominant culture was better it is just what it is just like Mexico's dominant culture is Hispanic and their dominant language is Spanish.

Many of our military have shed blood the preserve our nation as it is. It isn't about individual cultures but the identifying culture that represents this country as a whole.

Old 03-03-2010, 03:41 PM

Quote:
The culture and language that is dominant in this country and has been since its founding, that's what culture. For example, the English langauge is a part of it. I never said that the dominant culture was better it is just what it is just like Mexico's dominant culture is Hispanic and their dominant language is Spanish.

Many of our military have shed blood the preserve our nation as it is. It isn't about individual cultures but the identifying culture that represents this country as a whole.
No you said "Anglo" culture...Tell all those men that fought and died with the 332d Fighter Group that they were fighting to defend an Anglo culture.

General MacArthur refered to Arizona's 158th as ..."the greatest fighting combat team ever deployed for battle."

And the 442nd was the most decorated unit in WWII.

These men and women fought and died for Amerca, made up of the Cultures of the people living here.

Old 03-03-2010, 07:42 PM

12 posts, read 11,245 times
1751texan,

I first just wanted to say that I am pleased you noticed I was not trying to be an aggressive poster in regards to your original message and that it is delightful to see that there are those still out there who can share their thoughts about something, without thinking that the other person is trying to be such.

So your saying if the Government imposes Martial Law, Then the Power reverts back to the People?

Actually, Martial law is currently imposed in different ways in different states for state emergencies and the congress for federal emergencies. I was just saying that I agreed with the other persons interpretation that:

Since The Constitution is the limiting document upon the government, the government cannot become greater than the granting power. That is, the servant cannot become greater than its master. Therefore, should the chief executive or the other branch of government or all branches togetheract to suspend The Constitution under a rule of martial law, all power granted to government would be cancelled and differed back to the granting power. That is the people.

If it were determined that martial law needed to be imposed for anyone who was trying to take over portions of the United States and that the current powers granted under martial law were not enough to stop that, then the people should decide what is.

Why would the Government imposes Martial law against its people?

The goverment has imposed martial law on its citizens and other countries at different times through out our history. Martial law only lasts for s specified amount of time.

You speak of an invasion...is that comming? or are you speaking of the millions of Aliens already here? is the War going to be with the invasion commng, or the group already here?

I was talking about the comments made by the person in the video that is Aztlan. They are talking about taking back the parts of this country that they feel should be theirs. Those parts are outlined in another graphic in another post somewhere and also partly on the cover of the video. It is the makers of the video and the supporters of Azltan that call for a revolution to take back the Azltan nation if you will, effectively calling for an invasion of sovereign United States territory. If the already 20 plus illegal aliens already here, anymore that will come, or anyone else for that matter, try to do so, then it is the duty of every American to stop such an invasion of sovereign U.S. territory.

Do we ask our military or is this citizen based revolution?

I am sure that the U.S. military would do all it could to stop such an invasion, but if they are unable to do so because of their numbers or for what ever reason, then the people should.

Do you trust our Government?

I trust a goverment of the people, for the people, by the people. Is our current goverment that, in my opinion it is not. There may be a few who do believe that is the concept and should be, but it seems that most if not all, believe that it is about money in their pockets by various sources, including the pay from the job. I think they have forgotten about the most important aspect of a government of the people, for the people, by the people, FOR THE PEOPLE.

Last edited by mozdzierz; 03-03-2010 at 07:56 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration