U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-04-2010, 06:19 PM
 
12 posts, read 11,221 times
Reputation: 14

Advertisements

Now your insult to the American people is something I take personally. Our brains are quite large enough to speak every language in existance if we choose. However, we choose to keep the language that defines our nation, English. In essence, your insult goes to anyone who does not speak five languges. However, your ignorance choose American and thus, by default, you are claiming not to be an American and maybe even with a brain that it bigger. However, it is not intelligent enough to know that in proper writing skills you actually write out five, while knowing that brain size does not determine intelligence. So, why choose to insult Americans who desire and choice to speak english only? Why not insult Mexicans for only speaking spanish in their native country? Why not insult Italians for speaking only Italian in their country?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-05-2010, 08:10 AM
 
Location: SouthCentral Texas
3,855 posts, read 4,084,676 times
Reputation: 957
My words are here for all to read, I hope and try not to insult anyone. If anyone has a point of fact or idea I disagree with I will state my point of view giving my facts and ideas.

If anyone feels I am insulting...well dont have contol over that.

I have posted on the forum over 1000 times and I can asure you, all were not gems and some were destroyed by the forum posters.,

And its very true, I am ignorant. I wish I knew everthing, then I could charge 10000000 an hour. So Im here to Learn as well.

So to all the insulted, I cant appolgize, because it was not done with fore though and malice.

Remember, nothing anyone writes here, especially me...should never anger you, as these are only ideas--words-- and not sticks and stones...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2010, 08:18 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
What we are talking about is the here and now. Today our language is still English and our culture still remains a melting pot. "Out of many ONE". Our culture has not changed that much via the melting pot. The main flavor of the stew still remain while other ingrediants have been added and blended.
Absolutely! We have managed to mesh many cultures into one. If we balkanize, we will no longer be the “United” States of America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2010, 10:27 AM
 
12 posts, read 11,221 times
Reputation: 14
Then as an adult, you should choose your words wisely and with forethough. We are all ignorant to something and maybe even many things, but we can choose to change that and gain the knowledge before we speak, taking into account what we are saying and whom, we are saying it to. If you would have used forethought, you would have known that your point could have made without specifically targeting a specific group.

It is like the topic of this forum, illegal immigration. That relates to any individual who chooses to gain entry to a country without permission or documentation. However, there are some that would say it is only targeting the majority of those that do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2010, 09:37 PM
 
Location: AL
2,477 posts, read 2,201,708 times
Reputation: 1007
Put a mile wide land mine zone from Texas to Cali...problem solved......As usual this country sleeps!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-06-2010, 07:29 AM
 
Location: SouthCentral Texas
3,855 posts, read 4,084,676 times
Reputation: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
Put a mile wide land mine zone from Texas to Cali...problem solved......As usual this country sleeps!
1 sq mile = 27.8 mil sq ft.

if you place mines in a checker board 1 foot patren..27.8 mil / 2 = 13.9 mil mines per sq mile.

13.9 mil mines x 2200 miles US Mexican border...= 30,580,000,000 mines

30 billion x Cost of Mine + Cost of instl...

30 bil x (3 dollars per mine)+($1000 per mine per engineering to instl}

30 bil x $3000.00 = 9.0 x 10 to the 13th power

90,000,000,000,000 trillion dollars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-06-2010, 07:51 AM
 
1,474 posts, read 2,016,184 times
Reputation: 457
Hey 1751,,,,,,,,,,,,,,my people been here since 1756 so I guess you only got a few years on me................by inference if your people got here in 1751 that I presume them to have been Spaniards..............so than the atzlans creed would require you also to leave this country as an undesirable alien,,,,,,,,,,,and return to spain..........am I getting this right..........

So when do ya wanna meet at the docks????????????

If its good for me whitey, than its good for you to

Seriously, I would suggest against a forced take over of Atzlan, it wont be perdy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-06-2010, 07:57 AM
 
1,474 posts, read 2,016,184 times
Reputation: 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Whos culture and identity?...yours?

.
In a word..........."YES"

sure is better by a far sight than most of what is found south of the Rio grandee.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-06-2010, 08:00 AM
 
1,474 posts, read 2,016,184 times
Reputation: 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post

General MacArthur refered to Arizona's 158th as ..."the greatest fighting combat team ever deployed for battle."
Maybe he was just being polite....................

Cause Patton said the same thing of our own 45th.................
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-06-2010, 08:19 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert 54 View Post
Hey 1751,,,,,,,,,,,,,,my people been here since 1756 so I guess you only got a few years on me................by inference if your people got here in 1751 that I presume them to have been Spaniards..............so than the atzlans creed would require you also to leave this country as an undesirable alien,,,,,,,,,,,and return to spain..........am I getting this right..........

So when do ya wanna meet at the docks????????????

If its good for me whitey, than its good for you to

Seriously, I would suggest against a forced take over of Atzlan, it wont be perdy
And our Apache, Navajo, etc. would take a very dim view of being subjugated by the Aztec, etc. Aztlaners as well assuming the White/Black/Mestizo/Asian peoples disappeared from both the USA and Mexico.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top