U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 09:04 AM

3,855 posts, read 4,085,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert 54 View Post
In a word..........."YES"

sure is better by a far sight than most of what is found south of the Rio grandee.......
boy you got a lot to say...when I mention American Culture why would I be speaking of south of the Rio Grande?

I dont know if you've been to Texas, there a lot of differnt cultures that settled Texas, just as the US...so The "Anglo" culture...I dont know what that is...But if you talk about Germans, Chechs, Polls, French, Spanish, Black, Cajun, and even Mexican Culture...I can speak to that...

"Anglo" culture dont ring a bell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2010, 09:13 AM

2,477 posts, read 2,202,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
1 sq mile = 27.8 mil sq ft.

if you place mines in a checker board 1 foot patren..27.8 mil / 2 = 13.9 mil mines per sq mile.

13.9 mil mines x 2200 miles US Mexican border...= 30,580,000,000 mines

30 billion x Cost of Mine + Cost of instl...

30 bil x (3 dollars per mine)+($1000 per mine per engineering to instl}

30 bil x $3000.00 = 9.0 x 10 to the 13th power

90,000,000,000,000 trillion dollars.
Your math skills are wonderfull...but why would I place mines 1 foot apart?

I think every 15ft would work
Then I figure as you get towards the middle of the mine field you could spread it out further.......further reducing the cost substantially.

Again problems solved.

Old 03-06-2010, 05:01 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
boy you got a lot to say...when I mention American Culture why would I be speaking of south of the Rio Grande?

I dont know if you've been to Texas, there a lot of differnt cultures that settled Texas, just as the US...so The "Anglo" culture...I dont know what that is...But if you talk about Germans, Chechs, Polls, French, Spanish, Black, Cajun, and even Mexican Culture...I can speak to that...

Anglo here in Arizona=any non Hispanic White person and...........more and more, non Hispanic Blacks.

Old 03-06-2010, 05:05 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Quote:

No, but American culture should ring a bell and it isn't identified as German, Chech, Polish, French, Spanish (black is a race) Cajon or Mexican. Some of these are just part of the melting pot but they aren't our "identifying and dominant" culture.

Old 03-07-2010, 08:13 PM

12 posts, read 11,222 times
I figured that I would make my last post specifically on Aztlan, since it is the sole topic of this forum thread.

My final analysis of Aztlan and all of its rhetoric, based on my brief research is as follows:

The Americas were settled by Paleo-Indians of Eurasian decent, via a land bridge that extended to the North American continent. They moved down to the only part of North America that was free of ice at the time through an ice corridor. They migrated on through to South America over time. These Paleo-Indians adopted different languages in pre-Columbian cultures. All of the Native American cutures used then and my Native American culture used one of them. Unfortunately, most of these pre-Columbian civilizations died off before the post-Columbian cultures arrived.

The delusional hopes of anyone reclaiming what they are calling Aztlan is based on the hopes of anti-American views, basically quasi-terrorists, of those who feel that they hold a claim over Spanish conquered lands, that were later conquered by Mexico during a revolution, which were then claimed by the United States after the Mexican / American War. It is also based on the concept about the place of origin of pre-Columbian Mexican civilizations, because of the Aztec civilization mentioned during the time of 1200AD - 1600AD. However, the Aztec civilization is described as being in Mesoamerica, which is described as being from central Mexico to Honduras and Nicaragua. So, that is what Aztlan is, since Aztec is someone being from Aztlan. Even the writings of Aztlan describe Aztlan as an island. We all know that that is not what the extremists are trying to lay claim to as an area they call Aztlan. Moreover, that incorrect claim of Aztlan is basically identical to the only land free of ice during the migration of the first peoples to set foot on American soil. Those people were described as Palo-Indians, which are peoples of Eurasian descent as previously mentioned above. It seems as though the anti-American Aztlanians if you will, which I would consider being quasi-terrorist groups, have inaccuratly twisted various historical events to suite their desires to right some wrong they feel they suffered. This is something that all of can find similar to another extremist movement that has done the same and also uses terror to try and achieve it.

So, with any hope, others will see that this is of another problem that has to be addressed by authorities sooner rather then later, before it becomes a full blown terror organization, if it has not already done so.

Old 03-07-2010, 08:18 PM

12 posts, read 11,222 times
I will now move on to other threads. The United Sates of America is the greatest country on earth and we need to polish it back up to her former glory. Period!

Old 03-10-2010, 08:20 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,016,184 times
Quote:

noticed you ignored my original premis and attempted a bait and switch.

Oh and about Texas,boy, I live just north of the red river so I think I might know a thing or two about texas........................Just sayin

And if ya cant figure out what anglo culture is, you been away from the fold too long......

Old 03-10-2010, 09:12 PM

2,206 posts, read 2,137,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert 54 View Post
noticed you ignored my original premis and attempted a bait and switch.

Oh and about Texas,boy, I live just north of the red river so I think I might know a thing or two about texas........................Just sayin

And if ya cant figure out what anglo culture is, you been away from the fold too long......
I'm so glad so many see his/her tactics, wish he/she would.

The things I've seen regarding this topic "aztlan" is simply ridiculous. Why would any president of any country want to give amnesty to such mentality? More reasons for strict enforcement of our borders.

Old 03-10-2010, 10:01 PM

10,236 posts, read 13,520,511 times
I'm going back towards the original posting to this thread.

Yes, in 30 years there will be a lot less Baby Boomers around. And, yes, Americans are not producing like they used to. But it's definitely not reaching a halt, either. Many young American families are still producing three children, and although adults start later, the ones who choose to have no kids at all are very few. It's been a responsible effort to maintain some level of population control.

The Aztlan concept of shooting out babies like a seahorse is irresponsible. It would not benefit them to over-populate with their own, because then the future generations will have to contend with their own economic challenges. It will likely be a much government then, too.

Old 03-10-2010, 11:15 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,076,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesbabe View Post
I'm going back towards the original posting to this thread.

Yes, in 30 years there will be a lot less Baby Boomers around. And, yes, Americans are not producing like they used to. But it's definitely not reaching a halt, either. Many young American families are still producing three children, and although adults start later, the ones who choose to have no kids at all are very few. It's been a responsible effort to maintain some level of population control.

The Aztlan concept of shooting out babies like a seahorse is irresponsible. It would not benefit them to over-populate with their own, because then the future generations will have to contend with their own economic challenges. It will likely be a much government then, too.
Look at the demographic data. The birthrate is higher, but not to the point of "shooting babies like a seahorse".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration