U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-01-2007, 09:45 AM
 
1,861 posts, read 2,967,537 times
Reputation: 559

Advertisements

The thing I find funny is that IF Mexicans want to take back the southwest, they'd be back in Mexico!

No more U.S. benefits - no more U.S. jobs. Do they really want that? Don't they want a "better life" that WE, the U.S. citizens, provide?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-01-2007, 12:14 PM
 
17,279 posts, read 24,961,305 times
Reputation: 8519
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusisLord View Post
Are there KKK members who want slavery back? Are all white people white supremacists? Do some illegal immigrants believe in Aztlan? Do all illegal immigrants believe in Aztlan?

Unfortunately, the Aztlan movement is often given too much credibility and air time. LaRaza, MeCha, etc. can all be found on college campuses in the Southwest. The KKK has 1/10th of the "legitimacy backing" of these other hate groups.

Isn't the mayor of Los Angelas Mecha connected?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-01-2007, 12:20 PM
 
Location: The world, where will fate take me this time?
3,162 posts, read 10,295,946 times
Reputation: 1423
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Unfortunately, the Aztlan movement is often given too much credibility and air time. LaRaza, MeCha, etc. can all be found on college campuses in the Southwest. The KKK has 1/10th of the "legitimacy backing" of these other hate groups.

Isn't the mayor of Los Angelas Mecha connected?
What would they think if they knew that most bona fide Mexican citizens reject this idea? we consider it primitive and ridiculous and think that a NAU approach would be better
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-01-2007, 02:09 PM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,612,395 times
Reputation: 2983
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Isn't the mayor of Los Angelas Mecha connected?
Let's not give the Mayor too much credit---he's a politician and they can't help it. Yes, I believe he was a MEChA member in his youthful heyday. But more importantly, he infomed us just last year that "We clean your TOILETS". By "we", he apparently meant "us" illegal immigrants. The mayor is neither illegal, nor an immigrant. Nor does he clean MY toilet--in fact, I doubt he cleans his OWN toilet---there are other people who do that job, I'm sure.

Let's give the Mayor the credibility that's his due. He's a politician.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-02-2007, 12:08 AM
 
635 posts, read 1,559,714 times
Reputation: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Unfortunately, the Aztlan movement is often given too much credibility and air time. LaRaza, MeCha, etc. can all be found on college campuses in the Southwest. The KKK has 1/10th of the "legitimacy backing" of these other hate groups.
While I thank you for a respectful differing opinion, I don't believe these Chicano Aztlan movements are about racial dominance or racial cleansing. The KKK is in fact both of these, one group of people is angry over history old loss of land. I don't feel it's right to be angry that you lost a piece of land, but I'd sure rather have that than prejudices against my skin color. Who backs these hate groups? That's an individual response, just like you wouldn't know how many Americans support the KKK, no one has taken a survey, so no one knows! The mayor of Los Angeles is a good guy who does not support reconquista, I know because I live in Southern California, obviously I could be wrong, but I doubt it. He's a good mayor, he works hard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-02-2007, 07:38 AM
 
17,279 posts, read 24,961,305 times
Reputation: 8519
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusisLord View Post
While I thank you for a respectful differing opinion, I don't believe these Chicano Aztlan movements are about racial dominance or racial cleansing. The KKK is in fact both of these, one group of people is angry over history old loss of land. I don't feel it's right to be angry that you lost a piece of land, but I'd sure rather have that than prejudices against my skin color. Who backs these hate groups? That's an individual response, just like you wouldn't know how many Americans support the KKK, no one has taken a survey, so no one knows! The mayor of Los Angeles is a good guy who does not support reconquista, I know because I live in Southern California, obviously I could be wrong, but I doubt it. He's a good mayor, he works hard.
Perhaps you should spend some more time listening to the "leaders" of the movement to understand their racial inferiority complex and desire to push out "non members" of "La Raza."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-02-2007, 07:43 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Perhaps you should spend some more time listening to the "leaders" of the movement to understand their racial inferiority complex and desire to push out "non members" of "La Raza."
La Raza seems to have a White Supremacist streak as well------they tend to be Mestizo, not full blood American Indian. Many so-called pro Hispanic groups tend to look down on the truly dark skinned ones.

Hypocrites.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-02-2007, 08:46 AM
 
3,712 posts, read 5,709,656 times
Reputation: 1285
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Let's not give the Mayor too much credit---he's a politician and they can't help it. Yes, I believe he was a MEChA member in his youthful heyday. But more importantly, he infomed us just last year that "We clean your TOILETS". By "we", he apparently meant "us" illegal immigrants. The mayor is neither illegal, nor an immigrant. Nor does he clean MY toilet--in fact, I doubt he cleans his OWN toilet---there are other people who do that job, I'm sure.

Let's give the Mayor the credibility that's his due. He's a politician.
Villaraigosa was the head of the MECha chapter at UCLA, he was obviously very actively involved, not merely a member.

Lat year during a speech to a group of 'immigrants' in LA he shouted "We clean your toilets!". Considering that he is supposed to be a very bright man, this was a remarkably stupid thing to do. An LA radio station promptly launched to Toilet Brush campaign and his office received over 1,000 such brushes- some with patriotic style decoration. There was a website with advice on how to customize your brush and where to get the best deal (amazon.com $3.75 including shipping).

Last edited by andreabeth; 11-02-2007 at 09:15 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-02-2007, 09:12 AM
 
Location: Dallas, Texas
3,589 posts, read 2,972,613 times
Reputation: 533
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Villaraigosa was the head of the MECha chapter at UCLA, he was obviously very actively involved, not merely a member.
During a speech to a group of 'immigrants' he shouted "We clean your toilets!". Considering that he is supposed to be a very bright man, this was a remarkably stupid thing to do. A radio station in LA promptly launched to Toilet Brush campaign and his office received over 1,000 such brushes- some with patriotic style decoration. There was a website with advice on how to customize your brush and where to get the best deal (amazon.com $3.75 including shipping).
We had MEChA at the University of Texas at Austin.

This story is legendary:

Quote:
At a certain March 2 Celebration at The University of Texas some years back, members of MEChA (The Moviemento Estudiantil Chicana/o de Aztlan) took some of the celebratory cake, ate it, then immediately vomited it all over the place to spoil the fun-- and send a message.
WILLisms.com: Trivia Tidbit Of The Day: Part 284 -- Texas Independence Day.

Quote:
The Mexican supremacy group MEChA (Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano de Aztlan) traditionally protests the celebration every year, deeming it racist. They allege that Texas' liberation from Mexico was unjust and advocate returning Texas to Mexico. The Mechistas have proven themselves to be absolutely notorious for their immaturity and morally bankrupt behavior. One year, when the YCT defended and celebrated Texas' liberation, a cake was presented in the day's honor, of which students could partake. En masse, the Mechistas gorged themselves with YCT's cake and then proceeded to regurgitate it in "protest" during the celebration on the South Mall.
Untitled Document

I was there. I saw it. It happened.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-02-2007, 09:21 AM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,612,395 times
Reputation: 2983
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
We had MEChA at the University of Texas at Austin.

This story is legendary:



WILLisms.com: Trivia Tidbit Of The Day: Part 284 -- Texas Independence Day.



Untitled Document

I was there. I saw it. It happened.
Lovely story---perhaps I'll wait a while before I eat my breakfast....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top