U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 09:37 AM

3,712 posts, read 5,710,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
We had MEChA at the University of Texas at Austin.

This story is legendary:

WILLisms.com: Trivia Tidbit Of The Day: Part 284 -- Texas Independence Day.

Untitled Document

I was there. I saw it. It happened.
A real class act, huh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2007, 09:50 AM

3,589 posts, read 2,974,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
A real class act, huh?
Utterly. After that incident, the president of UT, one Robert Berdahl, banned Texas Independence Day celebrations because they offended Hispanics.

The next year, the YCT (Young Conservatives of Texas) handed out bunches of grapes on the South Mall on Texas Independence Day. Berdahl railed against them in the university newspaper, then was forced to apologize publicly for libelling them...he referred to them as "Young Crazy Texans" in print.

Some people never learn.

Old 10-12-2009, 07:17 PM

1 posts, read 1,412 times
Default I don`t think it`s going to work.

After living many years in the southwest-and some years in Mexico-I`ve come to realize that this isn`t going to work; I trust my intuition. I`ve seen this before. Policy and taxiation will be eventually lead to a break up (balkanization) of My beloved country. I`m fed up with the antagonisim, the fricture of cultures, and the idea of even trying anymore is nauseating.

This is a fight worth fighting for; multiculturalisim does`nt work. It leads to violence. The government and buisness sectors know this- i.e. Bi lingual consumerisim, culture promotion, the apparent political power-Hispanic Americans-in literally stoping immigration enforcement. Thanks, we won`t forget that.

Old 10-12-2009, 08:18 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbuckeyestate View Post
After living many years in the southwest-and some years in Mexico-I`ve come to realize that this isn`t going to work; I trust my intuition. I`ve seen this before. Policy and taxiation will be eventually lead to a break up (balkanization) of My beloved country. I`m fed up with the antagonisim, the fricture of cultures, and the idea of even trying anymore is nauseating.

This is a fight worth fighting for; multiculturalisim does`nt work. It leads to violence. The government and buisness sectors know this- i.e. Bi lingual consumerisim, culture promotion, the apparent political power-Hispanic Americans-in literally stoping immigration enforcement. Thanks, we won`t forget that.
I feel your pain. I also live in the southwest. If only Americans living in mostly unoccupied territory in the rest of the nation could know what is going on out here they would be as livid as we are because the infestation is coming their way.

Old 02-28-2010, 07:43 PM

15 posts, read 72,882 times
Yes I agree, what can we do? Our politicans on the right and left support it. Seems to be a trend toward the North American allaince.

Old 02-28-2010, 07:48 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,016,557 times
man this is an oldie but a goodie.................

Old 02-28-2010, 10:16 PM

532 posts, read 876,148 times
Don't know why this was necro'd, but this concept of "Aztlan" is hardly feasible and is ideologically nonsensical besides. It's derived from the fallacious "nation as a person" concept. In those terms, current U.S. territory was forcibly taken from "Mexico" and "Mexico" therefore has a right to repossess that territory. This ignores the fact that neither Mexico nor any other country in existence is a homogenous entity. Annexation of the U.S. Southwest by "Mexico" would place the territory under control of the Mexican government, which is at odds with emigrants. These people are leaving Mexico, a country where the ruling class is composed of white elites and the lower working classes are composed of Indians of full and mixed blood. The immigrants from Mexico would likely endure more suffering under such circumstances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Put is this way, we look Mexican
"Mexicans" do not have a "look," since "Mexican" (as with Canadian), is a nationality rather than a race. While the majority of Mexicans are Indians of full and mixed blood, as mentioned, there are numerous Mexicans of other races and ethnicities, and insisting that the majority have a monopoly over the term is exclusionary and inaccurate.

Old 03-01-2010, 05:59 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnapostate View Post
Don't know why this was necro'd, but this concept of "Aztlan" is hardly feasible and is ideologically nonsensical besides. It's derived from the fallacious "nation as a person" concept. In those terms, current U.S. territory was forcibly taken from "Mexico" and "Mexico" therefore has a right to repossess that territory. This ignores the fact that neither Mexico nor any other country in existence is a homogenous entity. Annexation of the U.S. Southwest by "Mexico" would place the territory under control of the Mexican government, which is at odds with emigrants. These people are leaving Mexico, a country where the ruling class is composed of white elites and the lower working classes are composed of Indians of full and mixed blood. The immigrants from Mexico would likely endure more suffering under such circumstances.

"Mexicans" do not have a "look," since "Mexican" (as with Canadian), is a nationality rather than a race. While the majority of Mexicans are Indians of full and mixed blood, as mentioned, there are numerous Mexicans of other races and ethnicities, and insisting that the majority have a monopoly over the term is exclusionary and inaccurate.
Correct: a Mexican is a citizen of Mexico irrespective of ancestry..........just like an American is a citizen of the USA

The former president of Mexico; Vicente Fox, he is of pure Euro bloodlines with no known indigenous lineage.

Old 03-01-2010, 06:24 AM

3,855 posts, read 4,086,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRR View Post
It's time to go to war. First to the streets with our own messages, and then if we need to, to war with arms. We must fight this invasion.
Who you going to war with?...What kinda war? Arms? Who will you be Killing? is there going to be some new law written in your livetime that will give you a "special" right to Murder?

Old 03-01-2010, 09:17 AM

12 posts, read 11,230 times
Aztlan, Mexico, blah, blah, blah. This is America and anyone who tries to change that, will see that they bit off more then they can chew.

B.T.W. 1751texan, it is lifetime and how about Martial Law? It has been around for a long time! I've highlighted an important interpretation in red and I think the most powerful two words are, THE PEOPLE!

United States of America
See also: Suspension"]Suspension clause
The martial law concept in the U.S. is closely tied with the right of habeas"]habeas corpus which is in essence the right to a hearing on lawful imprisonment, or more broadly, the supervision of law enforcement by the judiciary. The ability to suspend habeas corpus is often equated with martial law. Article 1, Section 9 of the U.S"]U.S. Constitution states, "The Privilege of the Writ of Habeas Corpus shall not be suspended, unless when in Cases of Rebellion or Invasion the public Safety may require it."
In United"]United States law martial law is limited by several court decisions that were handed down between the American"]American Civil War and World"]World War II In 1878, Congress[/URL"]Congress passed the Posse"]Posse Comitatus Act which forbids military involvement in domestic law enforcement without congressional approval. On October 1, 2002 United"]United States Northern Command provide command and control of Department of Defense homeland defense efforts and to coordinate defense support of civil authorities.

On June 15, 1995, Norman Olson, along with militia leaders from other states, testified before the United"]United States Senate Subcommittee on Terrorism. Olson's opening statement included the following:

one other important point needs to be made. Since The Constitution is the limiting document upon the government, the government cannot become greater than the granting power. That is, the servant cannot become greater than its master. Therefore, should the chief executive or the other branch of government or all branches together act to suspend The Constitution under a rule of martial law, all power granted to government would be cancelled and differed back to the granting power. That is the people. And I'll conclude with this statement: Martial law shall NOT be possible in this country as long as the people recognize the bill of rights as inalienable.

Last edited by mozdzierz; 03-01-2010 at 09:33 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration