U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-22-2012, 01:42 PM
 
1,580 posts, read 1,422,083 times
Reputation: 748

Advertisements

Quote:
The goal, for USDA, is to get rid of what they see as enrollment obstacles and increase access among potentially eligible populations by working with arms of the Mexican government in America. Benefits are not guaranteed or provided under the program — the purpose is outreach and education.

Some of the USDA encourages the Mexican government to use to educate and promote the benefit programs are available free online for order and download. A partial list of materials include English and Spanish brochures titled “Five Easy Steps To Snap Benefits,” “How To Get Food Help — A Consumer’s Guide to FNCS Programs,” “Ending Hunger Improving Nutrition Combating Obesity,” and posters with slogans like “Food Stamps Make America Stronger.”



USDA partnering with Mexico to boost food stamp rolls | The Daily Caller

Because we don't have enough unemployed, hungry and poverty stricken Americans to feed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-22-2012, 01:46 PM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,009,391 times
Reputation: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post

USDA partnering with Mexico to boost food stamp rolls | The Daily Caller

Because we don't have enough unemployed, hungry and poverty stricken Americans to feed.
Then why did the Bush II administration put that program into effect?...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2012, 03:03 PM
 
Location: California
2,477 posts, read 1,711,133 times
Reputation: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Then why did the Bush II administration put that program into effect?...
Why does it matter as to whom placed the program into effect? Shouldn't it matter more as to making sure only qualified persons are receiving it?

I especially like how the Obama FDA is making it known that:
Quote:
When asked for details and to elaborate on the program, USDA stressed it was established in 2004 and not meant for illegal immigrants. “The partnership with the Mexican embassy was established in 2004,” a USDA spokesman wrote The Daily Caller in an email. “USDA does not perform outreach to immigrants that are undocumented, and therefore not eligible for SNAP.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2012, 03:22 PM
 
1,580 posts, read 1,422,083 times
Reputation: 748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
Why does it matter as to whom placed the program into effect? Shouldn't it matter more as to making sure only qualified persons are receiving it?

I especially like how the Obama FDA is making it known that:

Exactly! It doesn't matter which idiot in chief put the program in effect, it's the fact that we need to use our meager tax dollars to take care of our own people and stop trying to save the world with limited resources.

Last edited by PurpleRain_1; 07-22-2012 at 03:31 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2012, 03:56 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,807,269 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
[/b]


USDA partnering with Mexico to boost food stamp rolls | The Daily Caller

Because we don't have enough unemployed, hungry and poverty stricken Americans to feed.
Mexico is pimping the U.S. to the max. I suppose the pandering U.S. government won't be satisfied until U.S. taxpayers are paying all of Mexico's bills.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2012, 06:56 PM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,009,391 times
Reputation: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Mexico is pimping the U.S. to the max. I suppose the pandering U.S. government won't be satisfied until U.S. taxpayers are paying all of Mexico's bills.
Because that is an entirely rational thought...

Didn't you also agree with another poster that children could qualify no matter their immigration status? Without reviewing the qualifications yourself. Then you prompted for a source that household only receives benefits for the qualifying members.

The PDF is here for review: http://www.fns.usda.gov/snap/governm...nce_063011.pdf

Please at least try to read it before making any further unsubstantiated claims...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2012, 07:12 PM
 
1,580 posts, read 1,422,083 times
Reputation: 748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Mexico is pimping the U.S. to the max. I suppose the pandering U.S. government won't be satisfied until U.S. taxpayers are paying all of Mexico's bills.
We've been propping that country up since it's inception. Mexico would have met its' demise long ago if not for the US propping it up. Big pimping indeed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2012, 07:30 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,807,269 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Because that is an entirely rational thought...

Didn't you also agree with another poster that children could qualify no matter their immigration status? Without reviewing the qualifications yourself. Then you prompted for a source that household only receives benefits for the qualifying members.

The PDF is here for review: http://www.fns.usda.gov/snap/governm...nce_063011.pdf

Please at least try to read it before making any further unsubstantiated claims...
You have your opinion, and I have mine. But, the fact remains, regardless of the immigration status of the parents, if a child is born in this country, they are entitled to ALL of the benefits, which is a major impetus for illegals giving birth in this country. I don't need to read your link to know this.

And yes, Mexico has used us to the max.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2012, 09:48 PM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,009,391 times
Reputation: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
You have your opinion, and I have mine. But, the fact remains, regardless of the immigration status of the parents, if a child is born in this country, they are entitled to ALL of the benefits, which is a major impetus for illegals giving birth in this country. I don't need to read your link to know this.

And yes, Mexico has used us to the max.
You've already stated your opinion that legal immigrants should not be qualified for SNAP, so I can't see you making a further distinction of whether the parents are illegal aliens or not. The PDF is straight from the USDA; It's not "my" link at all, just another reference on the topic at hand that you refuse to verify.

But now I can understand how you come to your uninformed opinions...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2012, 10:29 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,807,269 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
You've already stated your opinion that legal immigrants should not be qualified for SNAP, so I can't see you making a further distinction of whether the parents are illegal aliens or not. The PDF is straight from the USDA; It's not "my" link at all, just another reference on the topic at hand that you refuse to verify.

But now I can understand how you come to your uninformed opinions...
The fact that I disagree with allowing this country to be abused by non-citizens (legal/illegal) does not mean I have an uninformed opinion. It's my opinion, which I am certainly entitled to have.

Furthermore, the particular discussion you keep referencing was not related to legal immigrants. We were specifically discussing NON-CITIZENS. There is a difference, and I do make the distinction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top