U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 03:10 PM

31,483 posts, read 14,565,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Are you sure you read your articles in their entirety? Reading the first one alone, it stated that Mexican immigrant birthrates in the US were 2.7 compared to 2.1 for US citizens. So that's less than 1 child difference on average. Not 6. It's actually less than the 3 I stated. Just an FYI, but if you're going to offer links, you better make sure they make the point you think they do.

Other than that, the articles basically state the obvious: Immigrant populations, legal or otherwise, tend to be younger and younger populations tend to have kids, but certainly not anywhere near the rate you stated. Thanks for proving my point that this forum is about bs, not about economics.
This forum is about neither. It is about illegal immigration. You do know that there are more babies being being born from foreign born parents than native born parents, don't you? That's not to say that they are strictly from illegal immigrants but I am guessing that good many of them are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2012, 04:25 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
Are you sure you read your articles in their entirety? Reading the first one alone, it stated that Mexican immigrant birthrates in the US were 2.7 compared to 2.1 for US citizens. So that's less than 1 child difference on average. Not 6. It's actually less than the 3 I stated. Just an FYI, but if you're going to offer links, you better make sure they make the point you think they do.

Other than that, the articles basically state the obvious: Immigrant populations, legal or otherwise, tend to be younger and younger populations tend to have kids, but certainly not anywhere near the rate you stated. Thanks for proving my point that this forum is about bs, not about economics.
Oh, but I did prove my point. That is, unless you can explain how 16% of a population accounting for over 50% of ALL births, is not disproportionate. Let me break it down for you. Hispanics (primarily illegals) gave birth to more children than the combined total of all other groups (84% of the population). So, please explain how they are giving birth at the same rate?

Mind you, since the majority of those babies were born to illegal aliens, the births and subsequent support has been at taxpayers' expense.

Quote:
The Mexican government reported the results of recent studies on Tuesday showing that 68 percent of Mexicans who migrate or try to migrate to the United States do so without documents. . .
Nearly 7 in 10 Mexican Migrants Enters U.S. Illegally, Says Mexico | Fox News

Quote:
Children of immigrant parents were far more likely to be poor. Of the 6.1 million Latino children living in poverty, more than two-thirds had immigrant parents, according to the Pew report. Most of those children were born in the United States. The other two million had parents born in the United States.
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/29/us...udy-finds.html

Quote:
The largest group of poor children isn’t white for the first time in U.S. history, according to a Pew report released Wednesday.

In addition to economic woes, high birth rates among Hispanics living in the U.S. may also explain why Hispanic children make up the largest share of children living in poverty, the Pew report found. Hispanic children make up 23.1 percent of the nation’s children, due mostly to their high birther rates, according to the Pew report.
Hispanic Children Make Up Largest Share Of Poor Children In U.S.

The Mexican-American Boom: Births Overtake Immigration | Pew Hispanic Center

Who cares "why" illegal aliens are having more babies?

Old 07-30-2012, 06:15 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,287,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
There is no discrimination. Rather, a distinction is made between lawful and unlawful behavior, as it should. Where is the "logic" in being an apologist for illegal immigration? We have no idea who they are, how many are here, if they have communicable diseases, or who among them may have nefarious intent.

Given the tragic events on 9/11, it is beyond belief that our government still refuses to adequately secure our borders, or even enforce our laws. Illegals are still entering. So, it isn't rocket science that our borders are not secure. But, since you live in Mexico City, and declined to respond to my question, I will assume you are a Mexican citizen, so why should you care?

Would you have no objection to 12-20+ million Haitians deciding the grass is greener in Mexico, and choosing to enter your country illegally? Would you enjoy paying for their children to attend your schools, including providing SSL classes and free meals? Oh, that's right, only children in Mexico legally may enroll in your public schools. Would you support using your tax dollars to pay for the maternity care for over 4 million births? Again, that would NEVER happen in Mexico. How about paying for their ER visits, organ transplants, kidney dialysis, food, housing, WIC, welfare, and interpreters? Mexico has proven they will not offer any of the benefits and services so generously provided your illegal countrymen in the US. Heck, your returning citizens can't receive even the most basic services for their U.S.-born children. Yet, you have the temerity to take the moral high ground, and question the compassion and character of others.

We should not have this burden, period. Furthermore, I will not allow you or any other person to put me on a guilt trip for opposing this illegal invasion. Nor do I give a damn if you consider my opinion extreme. Try walking in our shoes, and having BILLIONS of your hard-earned tax dollars squandered annually on people who have no right to even be in your country, while your infrastructure is crumbling, and your own citizens are suffering, and then see how benevolent you feel.

And you know what, gosh darn it, no one has a right to put any one on this forum on a guilt ridden trip. Not us, we are not the problem.

And that is exactly what it is, an invasion by illegals, because some make it so easy for them, to come here, and be rewarded for breaking the law.

A couple weeks ago here, i forgot what city it was, but an illegal dui driver, killed a child and dragged his body, with the car, by-standers were screaming for him to stop, but he continued driving and the innocent child of course died. And there are plenty of records of illegals doing wrong doings believe me.
If they want the benefits of this Country, then they need to come to this Country, and do it legally, the respectful way, no problema with those that do.

However i was taught while i was growing up that there are laws that are in place, and must be followed, Our President needs to learn that lesson well also. Make it easy for them to come, and they will come.
This is a added headache we do not need, because the promises bestowed upon us all of Hope n Change were garbage.

Old 07-30-2012, 09:22 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,010,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Oh, but I did prove my point. That is, unless you can explain how 16% of a population accounting for over 50% of ALL births, is not disproportionate. Let me break it down for you. Hispanics (primarily illegals) gave birth to more children than the combined total of all other groups(84% of the population). So, please explain how they are giving birth at the same rate?

Mind you, since the majority of those babies were born to illegal aliens, the births and subsequent support has been at taxpayers' expense...
The data in May was that minorities together (36.6% of the population) had 50.4% of births in the United States. How can Hispanics (which primarily aren't illegal) have a greater percentage of births than all minorities together? You're breaking the data down in ways that defy mathematics.

And labeling Hispanics as being "primarily illegals", which is very badly wrong...

Quote:
The Mexican government reported the results of recent studies on Tuesday showing that 68 percent of Mexicans who migrate or try to migrate to the United States do so without documents. . .

So when it is the Mexican government quoted by FOX News, that is a source that works for this specific occasion? In many aspects (even to prompt their expatriates for data) the Mexican government won't be aware of whom is leaving their country, either legally or illegally (it is argued here that the U.S. government doesn't know, so how is the Mexican government going to know?). And of course this completely goes against what "malamute" attributes, that they use Border Crossing Cards and then don't honor the terms once across.

Old 07-30-2012, 09:47 PM

12,766 posts, read 12,744,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
This forum is about neither. It is about illegal immigration. You do know that there are more babies being being born from foreign born parents than native born parents, don't you? That's not to say that they are strictly from illegal immigrants but I am guessing that good many of them are.
I'm not afraid of immigrant children or a diverse population. Also, there's something to be said about positive population growth. Or would you rather be in Japan's shoes?

Old 07-30-2012, 10:56 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
The data in May was that minorities together (36.6% of the population) had 50.4% of births in the United States. How can Hispanics (which primarily aren't illegal) have a greater percentage of births than all minorities together? You're breaking the data down in ways that defy mathematics.

And labeling Hispanics as being "primarily illegals", which is very badly wrong...

So when it is the Mexican government quoted by FOX News, that is a source that works for this specific occasion? In many aspects (even to prompt their expatriates for data) the Mexican government won't be aware of whom is leaving their country, either legally or illegally (it is argued here that the U.S. government doesn't know, so how is the Mexican government going to know?). And of course this completely goes against what "malamute" attributes, that they use Border Crossing Cards and then don't honor the terms once across.
Much higher birth rates combined with much earlier age in giving birth.

Americans are at replacement birth rate levels. The Mexican government also carries out it's own census and it would have a very good idea of how many of it's people have left. Mexico also knows how many houses sit abandoned throughout Mexico -- about 1/4 of houses in Mexico have been abandoned. That's a pretty large chunk of the population.

Also the very high rate of increase in money being sent to Mexico from the USA is a good indicator. Even while the American economy is in free-fall, the money being sent every month to Mexico is way up.

Old 07-30-2012, 11:04 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,010,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Much higher birth rates combined with much earlier age in giving birth.

Americans are at replacement birth rate levels. The Mexican government also carries out it's own census and it would have a very good idea of how many of it's people have left. Mexico also knows how many houses sit abandoned throughout Mexico -- about 1/4 of houses in Mexico have been abandoned. That's a pretty large chunk of the population...
But much of that is also from the housing developments that the government is putting up...

You're always saying high birth rates, younger ages for mothers, but never have any data that really backs that up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
...Also the very high rate of increase in money being sent to Mexico from the USA is a good indicator [of illegal aliens]. Even while the American economy is in free-fall, the money being sent every month to Mexico is way up.
Not really, with two-thirds of it coming from U.S. citizens and Legal Permanent Residents...

Old 07-30-2012, 11:42 PM

Quote:

Are you being deliberately obtuse? Again, HISPANICS gave birth to more children than all other groups combined. And yes, most of those births are to illegal aliens. When they say "immigrant" births, that's exactly what they mean. Do I need to re-post the data indicating at least 2/3 of Hispanic births are to "immigrants?"

Please quote where I said Hispanics are "primarily illegal." No, I said, and I repeat, MOST Hispanic births during the past decade were from illegal aliens. BIG difference.

Quote:
Results from the 2010 Census showed that racial and ethnic minorities accounted for 91.7% of the nation’s growth since 2000. Most of that increase from 2000 to 2010—56%—was due to Hispanics.
Explaining Why Minority Births Now Outnumber White Births | Pew Social & Demographic Trends

You were saying?

Last edited by Benicar; 07-31-2012 at 12:01 AM..

Old 07-30-2012, 11:52 PM

Quote:
I'm not afraid of immigrant children or a diverse population. Also, there's something to be said about positive population growth. Or would you rather be in Japan's shoes?
I don't know anyone who fears "immigrant" children; and our population was diverse long before this invasion. But, I do object to my tax dollars being squandered by the billions to support millions of the children of illegal aliens. The least they could do while living in our country illegally is support their own children.

Old 07-31-2012, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Yet, according to you, they DO know that most remittances are from legal immigrants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration