U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 03:56 PM

13,050 posts, read 21,168,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
exactly. look at both sides, and make an educated decision based on the totality of the issue. an important thing to think about here is: why are our immigration policies shaped so that the average citizen has to foot the bill?
I don't think it is necessarily that our immigration policy is shaped for the average citizen to foot the bill - quite the contrary actually. When sponsoring someone for immigration, you actually have to commit at least two years that you will not try to get public assistance.

The problem is with people OBEYING the laws of our country, and with our law enforcement ENFORCING the laws already in place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2007, 03:58 PM

1,510 posts, read 710,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
I don't think it is necessarily that our immigration policy is shaped for the average citizen to foot the bill - quite the contrary actually. When sponsoring someone for immigration, you actually have to commit at least two years that you will not try to get public assistance.

The problem is with people OBEYING the laws of our country, and with our law enforcement ENFORCING the laws already in place.
our current immigration laws encompass illegal immigration as well. it should obviously be anticipated, and therefore, the laws should be shaped so the average citizen should not have to foot the bill. that is all im trying to say.

Old 10-02-2007, 04:02 PM

Quote:
our current immigration laws encompass illegal immigration as well. it should obviously be anticipated, and therefore, the laws should be shaped so the average citizen should not have to foot the bill. that is all im trying to say.
OK Ghost - who do you think should foot the bill? Should we we send a bill to the power families in Mexico?

I don't think there is a single law that states that taxpayers are financially responsible for people residing illegally in our country. Please let me know of which law you speak that implies as much.

Old 10-02-2007, 07:44 PM

Quote:
OK Ghost - who do you think should foot the bill? Should we we send a bill to the power families in Mexico?

I don't think there is a single law that states that taxpayers are financially responsible for people residing illegally in our country. Please let me know of which law you speak that implies as much.
definitely not the taxpayers. the government should. taxpayers are not the sole funders of the united states government. they make money off of trade and investments. they are a corporation of sorts, and they have their own profit outside of taxpayer contributions. that profit should be the first asset used.

"The private sector constitutes the bulk of the economy, with government activity accounting for 12.4 percent of the GDP."

Old 10-03-2007, 08:56 AM

OK Ghost - can you please point me to the legislation that states who is financially responsible to foot the bill for people who are in our country illegally?

And by your logic, how do you think it is just for our government to use any gains from "trade and investments" to support people who don't belong here in the first place?

Old 10-03-2007, 12:52 PM

2 posts, read 2,397 times
Default On the brighter side

HEy, maybe we have this all wrong. If the Union goes through, then I can Own property in Mexico right? Well, after they all come up here, I will just go live down there.

Old 10-03-2007, 01:17 PM

Quote:
OK Ghost - can you please point me to the legislation that states who is financially responsible to foot the bill for people who are in our country illegally?
no, i can't. i'm not familiar with any.

Quote:
And by your logic, how do you think it is just for our government to use any gains from "trade and investments" to support people who don't belong here in the first place?
it may not seem "fair" but it is certainly humane. what is more important to you: money or humanity?

Old 10-03-2007, 02:42 PM

1,484 posts, read 3,698,831 times
Quote:
no, i can't. i'm not familiar with any.

it may not seem "fair" but it is certainly humane. what is more important to you: money or humanity?
And what is more important to you Ghost:
Cheap hard workers or murdering gangs....both come are coming from illegal aliens.

Old 10-03-2007, 02:45 PM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 25 days ago)

9,060 posts, read 15,472,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducter View Post
Cheap hard workers or murdering gangs....both come are coming from illegal aliens.
Murdering gangs have existed in America since the beginning. Where ever there are ghettos there are gangs. Don't blame that on illegals.

Ever been to Compton? Watts? Bronx? East D.C.? Detroit? I suppose all those are illegals?

Old 10-03-2007, 02:50 PM

1,484 posts, read 3,698,831 times
Default read the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducter View Post
So because we have gangs here already we must not look at the gangs that are coming in illegally? Point is stop illegals and you also get others benefits such as a reduced number of gangs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration