U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2007, 05:29 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,731,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
a redistribution of wealth would make us a lot more accommodating.
If Carlos Slim and his fellow Mexican klepocrats redistributed their wealth, maybe Mexicans would stay in Mexico.
Frankly, I am tired of having my 'wealth 'redistributed' to people who are here illegally.

Old 10-02-2007, 05:31 PM

10,017 posts, read 16,747,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quisqueyana View Post
I am half Italian/American and half Dominican. As a partly hispanic U.S. citizen I feel very concerned when reading threads containing so much anger.

Ghost, I both applaud and appreciate your efforts. I know many hispanic people in the area (all of which are professionals) and am appalled at the stereotyping going on this thread. I, for one, LOVE the United States (and Amerrica as well, BTW). If you saw me on the street you might think I am Mexican based on my appearance. And while I love this country it is sometimes difficult to embrace a nation that often seems to hate me.

So to those of you faced with hatred remember that hatred breeds hatred. And no good ever follows.
I never said hate, I never said I hated Mexicans, I have many hispanic friends, my best friend is from Brazil and my sister in law is from Guatemala . I also NEVER treat anyone I meet with disrepect or say anything to make them feel unwanted although the same cannot be said for some people I have had to deal with. I dislike their actions and what they do. So lets not generalize everyone that is against illegals as haters.

Old 10-02-2007, 06:05 PM

16,092 posts, read 35,904,364 times
quisqueyana - perhaps if more legitimate and loving citizens such as you would speak out against those who seem to be giving you a bad name (at least in your estimation) there might be less categorizing. I wonder why people who came here legally are willing to give everyone from one country (mainly) a free pass while holding others to the law.

When any one group seems to be getting special treatment, there is going to be anger.

Old 10-02-2007, 06:20 PM

2,039 posts, read 5,693,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRR View Post
All that land these squatters are saying is their land, is OUR land. We bought it with gold. Obviously their version of the history books never talked about the Louisiana PURCHASE, or the purchase of all those lands west of Louisiana including California etc.

I think it's time that American Citizens got together in major cities by the THOUSANDS, and did a demonstration towards these illegal criminals who have invaded our country. Let's burn a few Mexican flags. Let's show our Government where WE stand, that we will NOT put up with this sort of thing in OUR COUNTRY.

I wish I could be more vocal, I wish I could put forth a stronger statement. However I feel I would be banned immediately as a racist or worse.

Remember the words, "United We Stand"??? It is time to Unite, and Stand Again. This time for war on our own soil.
Oh good Lord. If we did that, who would cut our lawns? clean our houses? or work in the fast food restaurants and 7-11's?

Last edited by londonbarcelona; 10-02-2007 at 06:37 PM..

Old 10-02-2007, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
Don't blame these illegals, they are people, many of whom have indigenous blood lines and we shouldn't cause hatred towards them.
That's not always true. Illegal immigrants come from MANY DIFFERENT countries, not just Mexico or South America.

Old 10-02-2007, 06:37 PM

Quote:
If you saw me on the street you might think I am Mexican based on my appearance. And while I love this country it is sometimes difficult to embrace a nation that often seems to hate me.

So to those of you faced with hatred remember that hatred breeds hatred. And no good ever follows.
Oh, that is dangerous territory. I'm not sure if anyone else can, but I certainly can read between the lines. I sense a great deal of anger from you and that scares me.

Old 10-02-2007, 08:37 PM

1,510 posts, read 717,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
If Carlos Slim and his fellow Mexican klepocrats redistributed their wealth, maybe Mexicans would stay in Mexico.
Frankly, I am tired of having my 'wealth 'redistributed' to people who are here illegally.
i wish both nations would redistribute their wealth. the number of people is hardly proportionate to the wealth numbers. thats why we have so much crisis in both nations. best to lead by example.

Old 10-02-2007, 08:46 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,731,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
i wish both nations would redistribute their wealth. the number of people is hardly proportionate to the wealth numbers. thats why we have so much crisis in both nations. best to lead by example.
You could lead by example and begin redistributing yours as a philanthropic gesture.

Old 10-02-2007, 09:08 PM

1,510 posts, read 717,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
You could lead by example and begin redistributing yours as a philanthropic gesture.
i do. im always a generous tipper, and tend to frequent smaller establishments for groceries and prepared food. its not like im not considered lower class, but i do what i can to support my fellow working class and small businesses. thanks for asking.

Old 10-02-2007, 09:27 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,761,526 times
Quote:
I am half Italian/American and half Dominican. As a partly hispanic U.S. citizen I feel very concerned when reading threads containing so much anger.

Ghost, I both applaud and appreciate your efforts. I know many hispanic people in the area (all of which are professionals) and am appalled at the stereotyping going on this thread. I, for one, LOVE the United States (and Amerrica as well, BTW). If you saw me on the street you might think I am Mexican based on my appearance. And while I love this country it is sometimes difficult to embrace a nation that often seems to hate me.

Respectfully speaking; one is either Hispanic or not-------there is no Hispanic race.

At least 40% of all Argentines are of ethnic Italian heritage yet would be 'Hispanic' under US Gov't guidelines here in the USA.

OTOH: Manuel Ortega; the singer is not Hispanic------he is an Austrian!

Note too that Hispanic culture is very White Supremacist-------the standard of beauty in at least Mexico and Spain is white skin and blue eyes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or