U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 12:32 PM

12,620 posts, read 17,687,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
you should get out more
It's people with that thought process that is aiding this problem with the illegals.
Or maybe you are to young to understand? I dont know how you can say that.

Old 10-02-2007, 12:35 PM

1,510 posts, read 709,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
This is my Country! Let me make this perfectly clear! THIS IS MY COUNTRY!
this is OUR country.

Quote:
And, because I make this statement DOES NOT mean I'm against immigration!!! YOU ARE WELCOME HERE IN MY COUNTRY. Welcome to come through like everyone else has.
there are plenty of mexican people who have immigrated legally. the spread of culture is a byproduct of our geography. we should not fear it, we should understand it.

Quote:
Get a sponsor! Get a place to lay your head! Get a job! Live by OUR rules! Pay YOUR taxes! And LEARN THE LANGUAGE LIKE ALL OTHER IMMIGRANTS HAVE IN THE PAST!!!
most immigrants do have a place to live and work. even if they didnt, that is why we have homeless shelters and unemployment insurance... even temp agencies. i doubt you are suggesting that we deport or lock up the homeless or unemployed. many immigrants do pay taxes as well. if they are not, it is because they are working under the table or as independent contractors. in either case, blame can easily be assigned to the employer, or to the person that hires the independent contractor. as far as language is concerned, there is no official language. so they can choose to learn english, but it is not required. if that restricts them from getting work, that is the consequence they have to deal with. if you choose not to learn their language, you are choosing not to evolve with the culture of the united states. dont be upset because places are hiring bilinguals. understand that our culture is evolving and the job market is also. why would a company restrict its client base to a single language? it makes no sense, economically.

Quote:
AND PLEASE DON'T DEMAND THAT WE HAND OVER OUR LIFETIME SAVINGS OF SOCIAL SECURITY FUNDS TO YOU TO MAKE UP FOR ''YOUR'' LOSSES.
social security has been a problem. when you introduce a social program that is contingent on the population size, it will fail when you transition from a generation of baby boomers paying in to a generation of baby boomers expecting pay. to assign fault to illegal immigrants alone is only addressing half of the problem.

Quote:
If you don't want to forward this for fear of offending someone, then YOU'RE PART OF THE PROBLEM!
your opinion.

Quote:
When will AMERICAN'S STOP giving away THEIR RIGHTS??? We've gone so far the other way ... bent over backwards not to offend anyone. But it seems no one cares about the AMERICAN that's being offended! WAKE UP America !!!
ask your elected representative. we have seen a dismantling of basic human rights at the hands of the politician moreso than the day laborer.

Old 10-02-2007, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
I have thats the problem!!! I have to work with them. it sucks.
what is stopping you from pursuing another line of work?

Old 10-02-2007, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
It's people with that thought process that is aiding this problem with the illegals.
Or maybe you are to young to understand? I dont know how you can say that.
i do not understand why you are addressing illegals. i was addressing mexicans. the author of this post claimed a website carried a universally collective mindset, which i personally disagree with. i live in san diego, and i am a white person. i have grown up with mexican friends and their families. i know that not all mexicans have that mindset. whether they are illegal or not rarely affects the kind of person they are. it is the mentality that mexicans = illegals that keep a lot of us from really getting to know them as people. if we did that, there would be a lot less of this finger pointing and name calling. since when has a little understanding done anything but good?

Old 10-02-2007, 12:41 PM

10,017 posts, read 16,692,551 times
Quote:
Why should I have too? I have been doing it 17 years! They invaded my line of work not the other way around. I am not going to cater to them, hell no!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-02-2007, 12:43 PM

12,927 posts, read 24,052,828 times
For those interested in their voices being heard..here's a start

NumbersUSA

Old 10-02-2007, 12:43 PM

3,885 posts, read 5,993,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Why should I have too? I have been doing it 17 years! They invaded my line of work not the other way around. I am not going to cater to them, hell no!!!!!!!!!
Go Nea1!!!!

Old 10-02-2007, 12:48 PM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 23 days ago)

9,059 posts, read 15,467,286 times
Not ALL Mexicans "really think" this way, contrary to the very generic title of this thread.

If you come at me in the street thinking I am one of these Mexicans, expect an earful.

Old 10-02-2007, 12:50 PM

12,620 posts, read 17,687,512 times
No one should have to look for new employment because illegals are taking it over.

Old 10-02-2007, 12:52 PM

716 posts, read 1,867,122 times
Quote:
I have read your responses and this one has got to be the most blatantly Arrogant and Ignorrant response EVER!!

Can someone (with a logical mind) tell me why a perfectly abled person who is a citizen of this country should give his/her right to work, because an asshat thinks you should move and make way for illegals??

Im sorry but it seems to me that you have got your head stuck up in a place where the sun dont shine, for too long.

And making stupid statements like that is just going to flame peoples hearts and minds even more for changes, i guess the illegals should be grateful to you for sticking up for their rights?? NOT!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or