U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 09:39 AM

1,861 posts, read 2,968,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
Fear and Ignorance cause hate in people. It is no wonder we are seen as pompus arrogant Americans
What about the pompus, arrogant illegals who EXPECT us, the U.S. taxpayers, to pay for their healthcare (which WE don't get free), for their children's education, for their anchor babies when they come over for one day to have the kid, for welfare, WIC, food stamps, etc. for them??

What about THEIR attitude?

We are not ignorant - we KNOW the situation. It's all around us.

Old 04-17-2008, 10:06 AM

10,017 posts, read 16,694,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsal View Post
What about the pompus, arrogant illegals who EXPECT us, the U.S. taxpayers, to pay for their healthcare (which WE don't get free), for their children's education, for their anchor babies when they come over for one day to have the kid, for welfare, WIC, food stamps, etc. for them??

Thank You for that!!!!!!! I remember when I was on the job site and a hispanic whom only knew a little English came up to me and was very polite, I thought wow that was great, but he then turned around and in Spanish called me a very derogatory name and then continued to call me a stupid white ***** not knowing that I know Spanish. I heard all sorts of conversations through the years, how we owed them. I think alot of people don't realize how two faced many really are and take it on faith that they are polite honest people. Thats when I started to see it and started to form my opinions I have now.

Old 04-17-2008, 06:17 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Thank You for that!!!!!!! I remember when I was on the job site and a hispanic whom only knew a little English came up to me and was very polite, I thought wow that was great, but he then turned around and in Spanish called me a very derogatory name and then continued to call me a stupid white ***** not knowing that I know Spanish. I heard all sorts of conversations through the years, how we owed them. I think alot of people don't realize how two faced many really are and take it on faith that they are polite honest people. Thats when I started to see it and started to form my opinions I have now.
About 25 years ago in SoCal; a stereotypical Hispanic walked into a friend's repair shop and saw a Latino and an 'Anglo'-------proceeded to start speaking to the Latino in Spanish.

One small problem: second Latino did not speak that language but the Anglo spoke Spanish fluently-------first Latino nearly fell over in shock.

Old 04-17-2008, 06:33 PM

157 posts, read 276,919 times
Angry Logic

This is why a lot of people are learning spanish. This stuff goes on all the time. Innocent??? NO!! They've took the government for everything. Yet, they swear they don't speak English. They not only speak it they know more about the system than a lot of us do. Wonder how they understand so many government FREEBIES!!!!! Looks like they have done their homework.

Old 04-17-2008, 09:22 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,734,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsal View Post

To be totally honest with you, I have neve encountered an illegal that was either pompous or arrogant nor demanding. I found them to be very humble . I would say though, if I were greeted the way they are and treated like something on the bottom of your shoe, I would not be all to friendly either. If how they are treated is just a patch of what is shown on this forum, I don't blame them for reacting.

Old 04-17-2008, 09:23 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,032,294 times
Quote:
To be totally honest with you, I have neve encountered an illegal that was either pompous or arrogant nor demanding. I found them to be very humble . I would say though, if I were greeted the way they are and treated like something on the bottom of your shoe, I would not be all to friendly either. If how they are treated is just a patch of what is shown on this forum, I don't blame them for reacting.
You obviously have never been to an immigration rally. They are vicious animals when they are in packs.

Old 04-17-2008, 09:27 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,734,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
You obviously have never been to an immigration rally. They are vicious animals when they are in packs.
So are the anti-illegals, usually people respond to you on how you treat them. Respect goes a long way.

Old 04-17-2008, 09:40 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Quote:
So are the anti-illegals, usually people respond to you on how you treat them. Respect goes a long way.
If anything; being here in the USA should be a felony-------and, US citizens ought to be able to place any illegal under 'citizen's arrest', hold them till the authorities show up.

Old 04-17-2008, 09:44 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Quote:

Well -- I often hear Mexicans describing other Mexicans as "Mod Cut".

Last edited by madicarus2000; 04-17-2008 at 10:09 PM.. Reason: foreign language

Old 04-17-2008, 10:11 PM

1,275 posts, read 2,124,135 times
Start a new thread for all the off-topic discussions going on. This one has run its course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or