U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 10-02-2007, 12:53 PM
 
Location: In a house
21,902 posts, read 20,903,455 times
Reputation: 14822

Advertisements

Ghost.. I have friends that have immigrated to the US legally from Mexico. Good friends. They are just a upset by so many other Mexicans coming here illegally. My friends were not rich, they worked hard to bring their families here legally. They work hard here. They speak English and Spanish. I also have some good friends that are Mexican that live in Mexico. They basically speak Spanish. They work hard and love their country. There are things they don't like about their country but they LOVE their country. Maybe this is why I am having such a hard time understanding your mindset here.

 
Old 10-02-2007, 01:01 PM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 25 days ago)
 
Location: Denver
9,060 posts, read 15,472,876 times
Reputation: 5288
I think there are 2 mindsets in America and here on these forums although 1 is not represented very much.
I understand what GHOST is saying.

Blame our government, our Capitalist Economy, our unwillingness to evolve and add another language.

Some people are more tolerant of other cultures, I think America is a huge country and obviously the economics are evolving, wars are occurring, housing is falling on its head and many in America don't want to adapt to this migration.

Don't blame these illegals, they are people, many of whom have indigenous blood lines and we shouldn't cause hatred towards them.
 
Old 10-02-2007, 01:12 PM
 
1,510 posts, read 710,042 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Ghost.. I have friends that have immigrated to the US legally from Mexico. Good friends. They are just a upset by so many other Mexicans coming here illegally. My friends were not rich, they worked hard to bring their families here legally. They work hard here. They speak English and Spanish. I also have some good friends that are Mexican that live in Mexico. They basically speak Spanish. They work hard and love their country. There are things they don't like about their country but they LOVE their country. Maybe this is why I am having such a hard time understanding your mindset here.
circumstances differ from person to person. understanding the mentality of all impoverished, mexican or otherwise, is important to understanding their course of action. although theft is wrong, we can understand why a man would steal to feed his family. we can not judge an entire group of people without understanding their circumstances. of course there are bad apples, but that is a universal variable. we have bad apple citizens, as well. status should not cloud the humanitarian aspect or the circumstancial reasoning behind each individual's choice of action. more often than not, the immigrant is here for survival and not to try and anger the citizen populace.
 
Old 10-02-2007, 01:13 PM
 
Location: Obama playing field
716 posts, read 1,867,671 times
Reputation: 380
Why should'nt they be blamed??

If their sucking the system dry when those monies and funds should goto its citizens first??
 
Old 10-02-2007, 01:13 PM
 
1,510 posts, read 710,042 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Why should I have too? I have been doing it 17 years! They invaded my line of work not the other way around. I am not going to cater to them, hell no!!!!!!!!!
they didnt invade. they got hired. if you can not accept that, that is on your shoulders. if they acquired this line of work, it is unreasonable to think they should give it up because of your feelings towards the situation. you have the feelings, you make the change.. simple and logical.
 
Old 10-02-2007, 01:15 PM
 
1,510 posts, read 710,042 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
No one should have to look for new employment because illegals are taking it over.
no one has to. they can choose to work alongside or they can choose to look elsewhere. its all choice, and the options are there. if s/he wants to complain about working alongside, then so be it. s/he has a right to complain.. but the only person that can do anything about it is them.
 
Old 10-02-2007, 01:19 PM
 
1,510 posts, read 710,042 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieJJ View Post
I have read your responses and this one has got to be the most blatantly Arrogant and Ignorrant response EVER!!

Can someone (with a logical mind) tell me why a perfectly abled person who is a citizen of this country should give his/her right to work, because an asshat thinks you should move and make way for illegals??
nobody said s/he has to move or make way. s/he has the choice to work alongside or not. if s/he has a complaint, then it is up to them to live with it or do something about it. the people he works with have the same choice, and apparently everyone is choosing to work alongside each other. america, the land of freedom of choice.

Quote:
Im sorry but it seems to me that you have got your head stuck up in a place where the sun dont shine, for too long.
id prefer it if we kept this discussion civil.

Quote:
And making stupid statements like that is just going to flame peoples hearts and minds even more for changes, i guess the illegals should be grateful to you for sticking up for their rights?? NOT!!!

they can be stupid statements to you, but that is just an opinion. i have my opinions, right or wrong, and choose to substantiate them with reason and logic (and facts when i can). i would prefer you do the same, because name calling is what little kids do, and we need adults making decisions about the direction of our country.
 
Old 10-02-2007, 01:20 PM
 
Location: Obama playing field
716 posts, read 1,867,671 times
Reputation: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
circumstances differ from person to person. understanding the mentality of all impoverished, mexican or otherwise, is important to understanding their course of action. although theft is wrong, we can understand why a man would steal to feed his family. we can not judge an entire group of people without understanding their circumstances. of course there are bad apples, but that is a universal variable. we have bad apple citizens, as well. status should not cloud the humanitarian aspect or the circumstancial reasoning behind each individual's choice of action. more often than not, the immigrant is here for survival and not to try and anger the citizen populace.

RUBBISH!!!!

Thats exactly what they have done and they dont give a rats ass.

If other ethenticities can assimalate to the culture and respect American laws, why cant these leeching Illegals chicanos do it? why should they be treated any different, especially when they are not only the pitts of American society but also OF their point of origin??
 
Old 10-02-2007, 01:21 PM
 
Location: Colorado
10,017 posts, read 16,697,044 times
Reputation: 2086
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
they didnt invade. they got hired. if you can not accept that, that is on your shoulders. if they acquired this line of work, it is unreasonable to think they should give it up because of your feelings towards the situation. you have the feelings, you make the change.. simple and logical.
My change, get rid of their asses. And continue to turn them in!!!!
 
Old 10-02-2007, 01:22 PM
 
1,510 posts, read 710,042 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieJJ View Post
Why should'nt they be blamed??

If their sucking the system dry when those monies and funds should goto its citizens first??
i can only assume nea1 is still getting paid, also. if you want to cast blame, be angry at nea1's employer. the immigrants he works alongside are only trying to feed themselves (and possibly their families). they are obviously working hard for a paycheck, and if nea1's employer has been ethical about their hiring, then taxes are being taken out of their paychecks as well. what is the harm?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top