U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 06:57 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Thats because Bush had no policy, period. And what part of this did you miss...

Obama's DHS has so far deported more people than during the first six and a half years of George W. Bush's administration. Just shy of 1.5 million unauthorized immigrants have been forcefully deported from the United States under Napolitano's leadership. These annual deportation figures are higher that at any other time in U.S. history, pushing the backlog for deportation cases to a record 314,147 this June. The government is apprehending unauthorized immigration so quickly that it cannot effectively process them all.

And even if you dont think thats enuff, fine... but give credit where due, especially since its still way the heck more than anyone else, Republican or Dem, has ever done.... which until now has mostly just been to talk a good game and constantly complain (kinda like you)!
Deportation without first securing our borders means absolutely nothing. We are simply wasting money deporting illegals only to have them return the following week. Heck, some even consider it a paid vacation. It is not uncommon for an illegal to have been deported 10 or more times. It's pathetic.

The first of the following happened last month. Yes, deportation is certainly effective.

Quote:
DEMING, NM (CBS5) - A convicted sex offender was arrested Wednesday by Border Patrol agents after he entered the U.S. illegally, federal officials said.

Ramos-Ruiz had been deported from the U.S. three times, federal officials said.
Convicted sex offender arrested entering US - CBS 5 - KPHO

Quote:
Three months earlier, immigration agents had deported Mora to his homeland of Mexico. But the free ride home served as no deterrent. Since 2000, Mora has been deported four times, only to return time and again - most recently to Ohio.

A Dispatch investigation revealed that it is common for deported immigrants to return to the United States despite the threat of felony charges.
Deported illegal immigrants return repeatedly | The Columbus Dispatch

Quote:
EDMONDS, Wash. The KING 5 Investigators have learned that an illegal immigrant accused of raping a woman in Edmonds Sunday has been deported nine times. That's much more than previously reported.

Klein called police, who quickly arrested the suspect. But learning his identity took much longer because of some 30 aliases. It was only through fingerprints that they identified him as Madrigal, a Mexican citizen.
LiveLeak.com - Illegal alien career criminal rapist has been deported 9 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
From what I have heard Obama himself said that these high deportation numbers weren't entirely accurate as those being encountered at the border and turned away were also counted as deportations. Those whho self-deported were also counted.
Exactly!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2012, 07:19 PM

47,316 posts, read 24,619,974 times
Quote:
The promised border fence was never completed. What was promised was a double layered one and that didn't happen. Congress decided not to fund it. I would really be interested in seeing a non-biased source proving that illegal entry is down very much. I have serious doubts that is the case but if that is so it isn't due to anything that Obama has done but mostly the bad economy. So I guess when you look at it from that perspective, yes I guess Obama might be responsible for less illegal immigration because he contributed to the bad economy and no job creation.

The biggest problem is that Obama is refusing to allow ICE to deport any and all illegal immigrants as they are found. I don't like his selective deportation policy and allowing some illegal immigrants to remain here to pursue jobs and compete with the American worker. Bush had no such policy.
Your last paragraph is a joke. Pure fantasy.

Old 07-30-2012, 07:21 PM

47,316 posts, read 24,619,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
You said it all in a nutshell. WTF did it become so difficult to have American's laws enforced. If we at all mattered to the Prez, he would see to it that our borders wer protected. And stop the flow of illegals coming into this Country.
So tell me, who was the last president that it mattered to since it so called doesn't matter to Obama.

Old 07-30-2012, 08:41 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,010,077 times
Quote:
The promised border fence was never completed. What was promised was a double layered one and that didn't happen. Congress decided not to fund it...
So why blame Obama about anything to do with a border fence?...

Quote:
...I would really be interested in seeing a non-biased source proving that illegal entry is down very much. I have serious doubts that is the case but if that is so it isn't due to anything that Obama has done but mostly the bad economy. So I guess when you look at it from that perspective, yes I guess Obama might be responsible for less illegal immigration because he contributed to the bad economy and no job creation...
There is data even being put up by your own side:

"...the Border Patrol aren't capturing as many illegal aliens as they did before..."
"...they're catching the same guy as he enters over and over..."
"...Obama is counting those caught at the border as 'deportations'..."

Quote:
...The biggest problem is that Obama is refusing to allow ICE to deport any and all illegal immigrants as they are found. I don't like his selective deportation policy and allowing some illegal immigrants to remain here to pursue jobs and compete with the American worker. Bush had no such policy.
Actually Obama got some heat for having many deportations that were not felons. He's specifically identified that he wants recent entries (because they are less inclined to be bound to a life here) caught as soon as they cross. Despite a full physical fence not being created in all areas, the 'virtual fence' with sensors and infrared cameras is viewed as being more effective (catch illegal aliens within a border buffer zone, rather than expecting only monitoring at the fence itself to be able to stop entry).

'Fast and Furious' is a topic to itself, and the reality hinges on that the gun purchasers were fully legal buyers, with the ATF having their hands tied by the 2nd Amendment, and unwilling prosecutors...

Old 07-30-2012, 10:44 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Knight View Post
Full article HERE
Come on -- at least be honest. You're very pro-illegal as is IBMM and against any efforts to limit illegal immigration.

If Obama were actually enforcing the laws, you guys would be all over it, complaining, whining about how horrible Obama was -- but you guys literally admire Obama. It's definitely not because he's deporting anyone. You'd be angry if he were.

Old 07-30-2012, 11:10 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,010,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Come on -- at least be honest. You're very pro-illegal as is IBMM and against any efforts to limit illegal immigration.

If Obama were actually enforcing the laws, you guys would be all over it, complaining, whining about how horrible Obama was -- but you guys literally admire Obama. It's definitely not because he's deporting anyone. You'd be angry if he were.
Anything opposing the wild claims on this forum is treated as being "pro-illegal". I'm seeing enough dishonesty in the primary stance here, and people have to be called on it. It doesn't further the argument to make claims that really don't resolve with reality.

Old 07-30-2012, 11:43 PM

153 posts, read 108,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post

When have I ever said anything in favor of, or sympathetic to Obama? I would appreciate it if you specifically quoted and linked these passages so that I may correct them and make it perfectly clear I do not endorse, or agree with, his administration's policies.

Old 07-31-2012, 08:32 AM

31,488 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
So why blame Obama about anything to do with a border fence?...

There is data even being put up by your own side:

"...the Border Patrol aren't capturing as many illegal aliens as they did before..."
"...they're catching the same guy as he enters over and over..."
"...Obama is counting those caught at the border as 'deportations'..."

Actually Obama got some heat for having many deportations that were not felons. He's specifically identified that he wants recent entries (because they are less inclined to be bound to a life here) caught as soon as they cross. Despite a full physical fence not being created in all areas, the 'virtual fence' with sensors and infrared cameras is viewed as being more effective (catch illegal aliens within a border buffer zone, rather than expecting only monitoring at the fence itself to be able to stop entry).

'Fast and Furious' is a topic to itself, and the reality hinges on that the gun purchasers were fully legal buyers, with the ATF having their hands tied by the 2nd Amendment, and unwilling prosecutors...
Where did I say that I blamed Obama for the double layered fence not being built? I specifically said congress didn't fund it.

Just because captures are down doesn't mean that illegal entry is down.

Why did Obama catch some heat for deporting non-felon illegal immigrants? The enforcement of our immigration laws was not set up to be selective. An illegal immigrant is an illegal immigrant.

The virtual fence was a complete failure. It was abandoned for not being operative due to all the bugs in it.

I never even mentioned "Fast and Furious" so why are you taking that up with me?

Old 07-31-2012, 09:13 AM

31,488 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Anything opposing the wild claims on this forum is treated as being "pro-illegal". I'm seeing enough dishonesty in the primary stance here, and people have to be called on it. It doesn't further the argument to make claims that really don't resolve with reality.
You're correct but on the other hand the other side constantly makes claims that illegal immigrants are only doing jobs that Americans won't do (among other "wild" and dishonest claims). I haven't noticed you jumping in to correct or challenge those statements. A little consistancy would go a long ways here.

At any rate misinformtion is not a good reason to defend illegal immigration or to take a pro-amnesty stance. It's about respect for our laws, borders and our citizens.

Old 08-01-2012, 07:45 AM

20,611 posts, read 12,282,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
So tell me, who was the last president that it mattered to since it so called doesn't matter to Obama.
Bush ain't the POTUS. Obama IS in 2012 and I'll call him out on not really making it hell for illegal aliens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration