U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 02:44 PM

9,243 posts, read 7,099,270 times

Advertisements

Why do these politicians put their personal ethnicities ahead of our national interests? If Romney picks Rubio, its both parties against America. This election has nothing to do with people like you and me- we are history to both party establishments. The biggest government cover up isn't Area 51 or Roswell- it is the planned extinction of the mostly black & white English speaking middle working class American- and it is happening all over the western world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2012, 03:01 PM

31,500 posts, read 14,573,470 times
I hope that Romney doesn't pick Rubio for his running mate. I don't entirely trust Romney either on illegal immigraton. I guess I will have to swallow the bitter pill and vote for the lesser of two evils on this issue. It's a shame that we have no real candidate who will enforce our immigration laws as they are written.

Old 08-01-2012, 03:35 PM

25,060 posts, read 22,112,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I hope that Romney doesn't pick Rubio for his running mate. I don't entirely trust Romney either on illegal immigraton. I guess I will have to swallow the bitter pill and vote for the lesser of two evils on this issue. It's a shame that we have no real candidate who will enforce our immigration laws as they are written.
This is why I don't even get upset anymore. I just don't care. Sometimes I even question do the majority of Republican voters even care at all? If they did, you'd think the politicos in the GOP would listen, but they don't. They want the Mexicans legalized just as much as the Democrats do. That's why I don't pop veins in my head over this issue. If the politicians don't care, then I'm not. I'm going to take care of myself. Like I keep saying as well, give it time, they'll start to speak English just like every other mass group of immigrants we've had. Don't get me started on official languages, either. They do nothing, all they do is lightly encourage immigrants to learn English, not give them a shove. Besides, you can't force people to speak a certain language in this country, freedom of speech does not only cover political speech, my friends. The Constitution is not a one-way street, everyone in this country has the right to speak in whatever language they want. If you don't want that, amend the Constitution to include an amendment that says everyone MUST speak English in this country.

Romney is also pro-illegal immigration as well. Almost the entire Republican Party is. Well, anyone that doesn't want to be a benchwarmer anyway

Old 08-01-2012, 04:23 PM

31,500 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
This is why I don't even get upset anymore. I just don't care. Sometimes I even question do the majority of Republican voters even care at all? If they did, you'd think the politicos in the GOP would listen, but they don't. They want the Mexicans legalized just as much as the Democrats do. That's why I don't pop veins in my head over this issue. If the politicians don't care, then I'm not. I'm going to take care of myself. Like I keep saying as well, give it time, they'll start to speak English just like every other mass group of immigrants we've had. Don't get me started on official languages, either. They do nothing, all they do is lightly encourage immigrants to learn English, not give them a shove. Besides, you can't force people to speak a certain language in this country, freedom of speech does not only cover political speech, my friends. The Constitution is not a one-way street, everyone in this country has the right to speak in whatever language they want. If you don't want that, amend the Constitution to include an amendment that says everyone MUST speak English in this country.

Romney is also pro-illegal immigration as well. Almost the entire Republican Party is. Well, anyone that doesn't want to be a benchwarmer anyway
Most Republicans do not want amnesty for illegal immigrants and do care. Don't let your dissolution get in the way of the facts. Some of their politicians do but not most of them. Some are doing just like the Democrats and pandering for the Hispanic vote. Why their vote hedges on rewarding lawlessness is very troubling to me.

Learning English is a separate issue. The focus should be on their illegal presence in our country and the negative impact on our own citizens. Even if English were to become our official language there is no law that prevents anyone from speaking another language. I live in California and English is our state language. You would never know it though.

I don't think that Romney is pro-illegal immigration. He just may not be as tough on it as I would like. Time will tell if he is elected.

Old 08-01-2012, 06:15 PM

32,799 posts, read 30,044,409 times
Quote:

To quote another poster:

Learn English in America or stay part of the permanent under-class.

Old 08-01-2012, 07:16 PM

12,870 posts, read 12,773,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
romney wasn't bad as governor on illegal immigration:

He fought against in-state college tuition rates for illegal immigrants, pushed hard to give state troopers expanded powers to arrest those in the country illegally, and championed English-only classes for bilingual education students.

i actually thought previously that rubio would be a good VP choice, as he is an excellent speaker, but this really turns me off about him.

i hope romney picks someone else, like ron paul.

Old 08-01-2012, 07:23 PM

2,176 posts, read 863,527 times
Quote:

I really don't think the entire Republican Party is pro illegal. Thats a little extreme.

Old 08-01-2012, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinSonic View Post
I really don't think the entire Republican Party is pro illegal. Thats a little extreme.
The entire GOP isn't, but you can be sure as hell the establishment of the Republican Party, aka the people who run the party, are pro illegal in every sense of the word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
To quote another poster:

Learn English in America or stay part of the permanent under-class.
I agree. English is the language of commerce and business. Hell, even Mexico's middle class can speak English in varying degrees. The problem is, we are receiving the people that Mexico doesn't even want. To be blunt, I think really the only way to rid ourselves of the illegals is for our military to help stabilize Mexico, and of course quintupling the size of the Border Patrol.

Last edited by theunbrainwashed; 08-01-2012 at 09:01 PM..

Old 08-01-2012, 09:09 PM

17,497 posts, read 10,125,763 times
Does make me wonder why people like Ann Coulter would support Rubio..........No to Rubio!!

Like how some ask, "would a Latino Republican help Romney win"............how about would a "Real American" help Romney win. Not sure why we've went to a persons race determining a Presidential win.

Old 08-01-2012, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Does make me wonder why people like Ann Coulter would support Rubio..........No to Rubio!!

Like how some ask, "would a Latino Republican help Romney win"............how about would a "Real American" help Romney win. Not sure why we've went to a persons race determining a Presidential win.
Because identity politics is very prevalent in American society. How many times have you read someone's post on here and it starts with "As a(n) ------ I think that ---" it's always about what race you are, what your heritage is, etc. It's identity politics, and Republicans need to stop that (I'm guilty of it sometimes on here, but sometimes you can't reason with some people on here unless you "qualify" yourself)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration