U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 07:51 AM

8,743 posts, read 5,550,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanathos View Post
Maybe when they were getting a "Master's Degree", they should have gotten it in something other than 20th century European Women's History, and instead focused on something marketable.

See, the problem with them (and people like you) is that you feel ENTITLED to a job just because you have a piece of paper - never mind that that piece of paper is worthless and has not proven you have any useful skills.
Entitlement? LOL I have never seen a bigger group who think they own the word ENTITLEMENT. Who believe that their very presence makes them ENTITLED to so much when in fact they are ENTITLED to nothing. Government hands are their entitlement. Citizenship is their entitlement. And when there aren't any jobs available for their low grade college degree probably obtained from some obscure community college, they will probably feel that they are ENTITLED to someone else's job who has a recognized degree, who graduated at the top of their class.

Would the academic degrees achieved by illegals be in science, physics, computer technology, finance, engineering, investment, etc, etc (you get the picture)? Did the majority of citizens major in basketweaving and European Women's History??

I never felt ENTITLED to a job. I just went out and found one. And when one candidate was chosen over me, there was no nanny state that I could cry to telling it that I was ENTITLED to the job I applied for and another candidate was chosen over me. I had a skill set that served me well in different areas of employment. I was also a single mother raising a child and NEVER took any government handout, although I could have. I chose to work.

Unless you can back up your claims with links, your argument for illegals fails.

What makes you think you know me? Have we met?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2012, 09:56 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
You need to learn the difference between jobs added and jobs available.

Just because these people refuse to acquire skills that would make them marketable doesn't mean these jobs don't exist. It just means they're too lazy to do what it takes to get them.
Why do you assume unemployed/underemployed citizens are either lacking skills or lazy? Do you actually not realize the impact a glut of cheap labor has had on the U.S. job market? There are many skilled citizens eagerly willing to work, but greedy employers don't want them, because they're addicted to their obscene profits from cheap, foreign labor. And, their greed is decimating our middle-class.

Illegal workers now dominate the construction industry, and it isn't due to a lack of willing or skilled citizens. Legitimate contractors simply can't compete against their unethical competitors, who easily underbid due to their failure to pay the prevailing wage, required taxes, and insurance.

Before you make such assumptions, or believe pro-illegal propaganda, do a little research. Better yet, speak with a few former construction contractors/workers, and other displaced citizens. All of the so-called jobs "Americans won't do," were in fact performed by citizens for centuries. I have said many times, and I'll say it again, if not for the fact that most states will not issue a driver's license to illegal aliens the trucking industry would also be included on that fallacious list.

Quote:
Maybe when they were getting a "Master's Degree", they should have gotten it in something other than 20th century European Women's History, and instead focused on something marketable.

See, the problem with them (and people like you) is that you feel ENTITLED to a job just because you have a piece of paper - never mind that that piece of paper is worthless and has not proven you have any useful skills.
Again, you are wrong. Many skilled/educated U.S. citizens are also being denied employment by greedy corporations with a preference for foreigners willing to accept lower wages. They are hired through the H-1B visa program. Also, many U.S. companies have outsourced their IT operations to India, again, due to greed.

Quote:
In 2001 Bank of America (BofA) in Charlotte, NC "outsourced" its Human Resources (HR) functions to a company called Exult. As part of the arrangement, the Bank of America employees supporting these functions were made Exult employees.

At the end of 2001, Exult announced it was "outsourcing" its computer programming work to two "H-1B bodyshops", HCL and Hexaware. Unlike in the previous "outsourcing", the existing employees were fired and replaced by foreign H-1B workers. The American BofA/Exult employees were forced to train their replacements in order to collect a severance package.
How to Underpay H-1B Workers

Quote:
The U.S. visa programs that allow companies to hire skilled foreign workers is "out of control" and is costing Americans hundreds of thousands of jobs, according to an analysis from the Economic Policy Institute. The H-1B and L-1 visa programs currently account for 1 million guest workers in the United States. Many of these foreign workers are employed at companies that have embraced offshore outsourcing of high-wage, high-tech workers as their primary business model.

The top four companies that use the H-1B visa to staff their U.S. operations are Indian outsourcing firms: Infosys, Wipro, Satyam and Tata Consultancy. By bringing in cheap Indian workers, these companies avoid hiring Americans and are able train workers for when they are sent back to India. They are also decimating one of America's most important industries: IT services.

American workers continue to be replaced by cheaper foreign workers, and they are being asked to train their foreign replacements, according to the study by Ron Hira, associate professor of public policy at Rochester Institute of Technology. "Loopholes in both programs have made it too easy to bring in cheaper foreign workers with ordinary skills, who directly substitute for, rather than complement, workers already in the country," says Hira.
Indian Outsourcing Firms Use H-1B To Displace U.S. High-Tech Workforce

Please watch the following video. It clearly illustrates the tactics being used by U.S. companies to legally avoid hiring qualified citizens. This may not be unlawful, but it is certainly unethical.

PERM Fake Job Ads defraud Americans to secure green cards fo - YouTube

It is very disheartening to realize so many citizens have bought into this lie. Open your eyes, and stop relying on the biased media to do your thinking. Your contempt for the American worker is sorely misplaced. You should be railing against greedy corporations for their un-American and unscrupulous business practices that deny employment to citizens. They deserve your disdain, not their victims.

Old 08-03-2012, 10:38 AM

4,896 posts, read 5,864,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
No, they didn't break the law but their parents did so why should their kids be rewarded for it? Many of these so-called kids aren't kids at all but adults. They have roots in their own countries. They were born there. Many if not most of them were taught their homeland's native language by their parents. Their parents certainly had no roots in this country but they apparently adapted to it when they moved here, didn't they?

It is Americans that are getting crapped on. That is one million jobs that could be held by Americans instead.
This post says so much and I'll bet the pro illegal alien crowd would not bother to read it. Cr.ap happens, deal with it. Go back and work within your country to make it better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or