U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 08:15 AM

18,856 posts, read 30,440,508 times

Advertisements

Don't deport the 'tamale lady' - CNN.com

The above story is about an illegal immigrant...yes, illegal...with two anchor babies...This "poor" woman was selling tamales to "feed" her children. Not buying that for a nanosecond! I bet those kids were getting food stamps, and the Mama, was using that money to buy ingredients for her tamales, which she was selling, illegally...after all, she has already broken one law, why not break others...no permit, or license...and gee, did anyone look at her kids, Medicaid and EBT account, was the Mother reporting this income? I doubt it...instead, we get the "sob" story...about this poor Mama, being held, and children taken away in a squad car...The news in this country is SO slanted...how about actually writing a news story, that is factual, and objective? Imagine that. And looking at ALL of the issues, rather than the current one sided viewpoint, that is so common now?

Old 08-03-2012, 08:29 AM

1,069 posts, read 1,470,727 times
We see this all the time and I agree, I'm sick of it!

Old 08-03-2012, 08:33 AM

3,493 posts, read 2,385,153 times
Tamale Lady has been violating our laws for two decades. Raise your hand if you think she probably doesn't speak English. Raise your hand higher if you think she probably drives without a license, doesn't pay taxes and has a stolen social security number. Now raise your hand if you think, like most Americans, that law breakers like her are the last people we should welcome here.

I bet most Americans would raise their hands proudly. It would be nice if pols stopped pandering to the Latino lobby and listened to Americans instead.

Old 08-03-2012, 10:41 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,807,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Tamale Lady has been violating our laws for two decades. Raise your hand if you think she probably doesn't speak English. Raise your hand higher if you think she probably drives without a license, doesn't pay taxes and has a stolen social security number. Now raise your hand if you think, like most Americans, that law breakers like her are the last people we should welcome here.

I bet most Americans would raise their hands proudly. It would be nice if pols stopped pandering to the Latino lobby and listened to Americans instead.

Although you only asked for 3 raised hands, I am thoroughly sick of it so I added a few more.

Old 08-03-2012, 10:42 AM

153 posts, read 108,538 times
I see a woman trying to make a business for herself. A real patriot wouldn't be mocking her. He'd mock the police for disturbing a woman who was selling tamales. I suppose then that few people recall the founding fathers protested a tariff and actively evaded it.

This was a nation of smugglers. What happened to you? Did you lose your teeth? Many of you here were born in the USA, but if this is your conduct you have no right to celebrate the 4th of July. That date is reserved for rebels who see unjust laws and aren't afraid to break them. In this sense that woman is far more American than many here.

Old 08-03-2012, 10:48 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,807,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Knight View Post
I see a woman trying to make a business for herself. A real patriot wouldn't be mocking her. He'd mock the police for disturbing a woman who was selling tamales. I suppose then that few people recall the founding fathers protested a tariff and actively evaded it.

This was a nation of smugglers. What happened to you? Did you lose your teeth? Many of you here were born in the USA, but if this is your conduct you have no right to celebrate the 4th of July. That date is reserved for rebels who see unjust laws and aren't afraid to break them. In this sense that woman is far more American than many here.
She should return home and try to make a business for herself. Had she not chosen to thumb her nose at our laws, she would be free to live here and operate her business. We owe her nothing.

Old 08-03-2012, 11:12 AM

8,743 posts, read 5,549,980 times
Quote:

Vendors and food trucks are required to have a license. NYC is loaded with vendors/food trucks and they are required to display their license for the public to see. Vendors/food trucks are also required to meet certain standards for food and health. Dept. of Health inspectors are all over checking on them. If someone is caught operating without a license their equipment is confiscated and they get a hefty fine. If licensed and the equipment/food doesn't meet safety (health) standards, again a hefty fine. Who knows what she is putting in the food and the conditions under which they were prepared. If she was operating in NYC without a license she would have been arrested.

If you look close enough you will see that we are showing our teeth, very much so, where illegals are concerned.

Patriots don't praise individuals, especially illegals, patriots praise their country. No right to celebrate the 4th of July? LOL I guess rather than setting off fireworks we should just hang a pinata in the yard and have a tamale party.

Last edited by softblueyz; 08-03-2012 at 11:39 AM..

Old 08-03-2012, 11:19 AM

3,493 posts, read 2,385,153 times
Quote:

In doing so she's evading health codes. Are you happy to welcome people here who willfully and knowingly sell unsafe food? The founding fathers would have stuck in her in the stocks in the public square and let others throw rotten food at her. They were not fond of business cheaters and those who sold bad goods. They certainly wouldn't have welcomed her here.

Unless you think laws governing food preparation are unjust?

She's just behaving like all illegals always do: thumbing her nose at our society so she can make a fast buck. Really, Rock, you can't come up with a better argument than this glurge?

Old 08-03-2012, 12:00 PM

2,477 posts, read 1,711,133 times
Quote:

"A real patriot", and you are now the designator as to whom is and is not "a real patriot"?

To which protested tariff are you pointing to? The Boston Tea Party was by British colonists. The Stamp Act? Again by British colonists.

The 4th of July? Who are you to denigrate citizens of what you believe are our values as a nation and morals as a nation, to tell us what you want them to be? You do understand why the American Revolution began don't you? Because from what you are attempting to portray, it's rather, crap, showing an utter ignorance of history.

Old 08-03-2012, 12:18 PM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 22 days ago)

9,059 posts, read 15,467,286 times
Easily identifiable as an Illegal. A real unemployed American would have been on the side of the street begging for money or at home playing video games collecting unemployment. Damn her for trying to actually sell something to support her kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or