U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2012, 12:21 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,834,008 times

Advertisements

Clearly, their arrogance knows no bounds. Rather than being thankful for Obama's amnesty gift, as usual, they want, no DEMAND more.

Quote:
I am undocumented and am tired of false promises made to my family, friends, neighbors, and community.

DREAMers are being denied freedom at this moment. Sign the petition NOW to demand Obama to release DREAMers IMMEDIATELY from the detention centers and be free to go home to their families, their loved ones, their schools, their churches, and their communities.
Petition | The President of the United States: IMMEDIATELY release every DREAMer in detention centers | Change.org

Old 08-03-2012, 12:23 PM

3,493 posts, read 2,389,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Clearly, their arrogance knows no bounds. Rather than being thankful for Obama's amnesty gift, as usual, they want, no DEMAND more.

Petition | The President of the United States: IMMEDIATELY release every DREAMer in detention centers | Change.org
No one made any promises to them. Their rotten parents fed them on the delusion that it was okay to break our laws. They should go back home alright -- to Mexico where most of them are from. If they are as wonderful as they think they are Mexico should be happy to have them.

Old 08-03-2012, 12:36 PM

8,743 posts, read 5,563,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
No one made any promises to them. Their rotten parents fed them on the delusion that it was okay to break our laws. They should go back home alright -- to Mexico where most of them are from. If they are as wonderful as they think they are Mexico should be happy to have them.
Actually Obama is making plenty of promises. Hopefully he will be as good on his word as he was when he made all the promises to get elected. And we can see how well he kept those promises!!!

Those Dreamers in detention are there for a reason - they were probably caught in committing a crime or found guilty of a crime or are awaiting trial - all very innocent of course.

I'm guessing the "I'm a Dreamer get-out-of-jail-free card" 'law' kicked in after they were detained.

Old 08-03-2012, 07:10 PM

2,075 posts, read 1,777,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Actually Obama is making plenty of promises. Hopefully he will be as good on his word as he was when he made all the promises to get elected. And we can see how well he kept those promises!!!

Those Dreamers in detention are there for a reason - they were probably caught in committing a crime or found guilty of a crime or are awaiting trial - all very innocent of course.

I'm guessing the "I'm a Dreamer get-out-of-jail-free card" 'law' kicked in after they were detained.
Here's an idea. Let's get rid of Obama in 90 days, repeal the "Dream Act" and start sealing our borders.

Old 08-03-2012, 09:59 PM

86,093 posts, read 70,038,371 times
They won't be happy until they get full amnesty for everyone.
But we already know that don't we ?

Old 08-03-2012, 11:37 PM

153 posts, read 108,780 times
Only amnesty? What about future immigrants though? No degree of amnesty will be enough if the immigration process isn't reformed to lower the barriers to allow people to freely migrate in and out. Otherwise the problem of illegal immigration will only continue to repeat itself.

Old 08-04-2012, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Knight View Post
Only amnesty? What about future immigrants though? No degree of amnesty will be enough if the immigration process isn't reformed to lower the barriers to allow people to freely migrate in and out. Otherwise the problem of illegal immigration will only continue to repeat itself.
Open borders?? Just let everyone come and go at will in and out of the US? Would that also include airports? Illegals just need to land on US soil and they can breeze through the gates without any questions?

What needs to be done is strong enforcement of immigration laws, not lowering barriers or changing/eliminating immigration laws to make it convenient for those to easily enter the US illegally. But then again they wouldn't be entering "illegally" would they?

Old 08-04-2012, 09:10 AM

86,093 posts, read 70,038,371 times
Quote:
You want to do that then I say only if the US ends every social welfare program.
No handouts for anyone.

And that would hurt our poor CITIZENS but with open borders and rampant corruption there would be no other way.

I have no clue what you would do about voting.

Old 08-04-2012, 01:23 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,834,008 times
Quote:
We are already THE most welcoming country in the world for legal immigration. Of course, you aren't concerned about our legal immigration process. Your concern is for those offering no benefit to this country whatsoever, which is precisely why they're denied entry. Sorry, we don't want them. Heck, their own countries don't want them, for obvious reasons.

I wonder what demands illegals will make next. Perhaps they'll threaten Obama if he continues to deport illegals convicted of multiple DUIs or vehicular manslaughter. After all, we all know we are lacking those pillars of society.

Old 08-06-2012, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I wonder what demands illegals will make next. Perhaps they'll threaten Obama if he continues to deport illegals convicted of multiple DUIs or vehicular manslaughter. After all, we all know we are lacking those pillars of society.
Ummmm..................threaten him with deportation back to Kenya???

(Sorry, couldn't help myself)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration