U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 08-04-2012, 01:44 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,836,058 times
Reputation: 3028

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
And around here when an illegal is deported, it usually takes only about 3 days max for the illegal to show back up.

They have these smugglers in Juarez who somehow happen to know when the agents on the bridge aren't going to be looking and there is an opening in the fence right below the bridge, all they do is keep them until they know when it's the right time and then they walk over to that spot and the illegals pass on through but the smuggler actually doesn't. That costs only $600 but you can get a laser border crossing card for $400 and they'll help you find one with a picture that looks like you or help you change your hair or shave to match one better.

If you don't feel like paying, you can get a ride to the end of the border fence and wait until the time is right and then walk on over, or there is another area where the illegals wait for the train that runs along the border so they can run out and get under the fence and then under the train tracks to a vehicle waiting for them -- unless they want to jump on the train to get to another city.

It's pretty easy because once an illegal has come over illegally a few times, they get it figured out. It's easier every time.
This is why it is not uncommon for an illegal to be deported in excess of 10 times. It's a huge joke to them, which is one reason we are the laughingstock of the world.

 
Old 08-04-2012, 02:23 PM
 
153 posts, read 108,799 times
Reputation: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
And around here when an illegal is deported, it usually takes only about 3 days max for the illegal to show back up.

They have these smugglers in Juarez who somehow happen to know when the agents on the bridge aren't going to be looking and there is an opening in the fence right below the bridge, all they do is keep them until they know when it's the right time and then they walk over to that spot and the illegals pass on through but the smuggler actually doesn't. That costs only $600 but you can get a laser border crossing card for $400 and they'll help you find one with a picture that looks like you or help you change your hair or shave to match one better.

If you don't feel like paying, you can get a ride to the end of the border fence and wait until the time is right and then walk on over, or there is another area where the illegals wait for the train that runs along the border so they can run out and get under the fence and then under the train tracks to a vehicle waiting for them -- unless they want to jump on the train to get to another city.

It's pretty easy because once an illegal has come over illegally a few times, they get it figured out. It's easier every time.
I can assure you its far from common to leave and try to return for vacation. The only times I've heard of someone leave was to permamently return home after saving enough to go home and start business there.
 
Old 08-04-2012, 03:05 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,840,989 times
Reputation: 22174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Knight View Post
I can assure you its far from common to leave and try to return for vacation. The only times I've heard of someone leave was to permamently return home after saving enough to go home and start business there.
It's not uncommon -- or why do you think Obama was careful enough to allow that his illegals have made these trips back home and they won't affect their ability to get in on his amnesty for them?

In fact one of the first and common questions the illegals have about their work visas is if they can use them for border crossing cards because surprise surprise, they want to go home and visit relatives and friends more easily. All those relatives and friends they were claiming they didn't have at home any more? Well they have them.
 
Old 08-04-2012, 03:28 PM
 
153 posts, read 108,799 times
Reputation: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
It's not uncommon -- or why do you think Obama was careful enough to allow that his illegals have made these trips back home and they won't affect their ability to get in on his amnesty for them?
It's uncommon. If there is any benefit to being an illegal alien, it's that you know what other illegal aliens do. Not many go on vacation due to money restraints, and fewer still go on vacation to their native countries.

Quote:
In fact one of the first and common questions the illegals have about their work visas is if they can use them for border crossing cards because surprise surprise, they want to go home and visit relatives and friends more easily. All those relatives and friends they were claiming they didn't have at home any more? Well they have them.
Many would like to visit their native country, but that doesn't mean they're willing to risk being unable to re-enter for a few weeks of vacation. It is possible to cross over, but there is quite a bit of physical danger to do so. You could easily hire a coyote who crosses you over, only to leave you mid-voyage with no idea where to go next.
 
Old 08-04-2012, 05:39 PM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,020,887 times
Reputation: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Oh please. A great number of them go back home for Christmas -- that's when many have a month long vacation and there are many articles about the Mexicans coming home to spend their big USA dollars and the efforts the Mexican government has made to protect them on their trip home. And Holy Week is another time that many make the pilgrimage back home.

Most don't actually hike through the desert either, they've got all kinds of laser border crossing cards that allow them to cross the border whenever they like. Stolen documents can be purchased in any border town. And many of these illegals like you yourself claim are simply "visa overstayers". They get a visa of some kind or another and simply stay and find work. Or they buy a stolen or sold visa and use it.

One of my neighbors had sold his green card a number of times to get drinking money and it only takes a week after you tell them you need a replacement card for it to be given to you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
And around here when an illegal is deported, it usually takes only about 3 days max for the illegal to show back up.

They have these smugglers in Juarez who somehow happen to know when the agents on the bridge aren't going to be looking and there is an opening in the fence right below the bridge, all they do is keep them until they know when it's the right time and then they walk over to that spot and the illegals pass on through but the smuggler actually doesn't. That costs only $600 but you can get a laser border crossing card for $400 and they'll help you find one with a picture that looks like you or help you change your hair or shave to match one better.

If you don't feel like paying, you can get a ride to the end of the border fence and wait until the time is right and then walk on over, or there is another area where the illegals wait for the train that runs along the border so they can run out and get under the fence and then under the train tracks to a vehicle waiting for them -- unless they want to jump on the train to get to another city.

It's pretty easy because once an illegal has come over illegally a few times, they get it figured out. It's easier every time.
In the context in which it was expressed, children are telling school employees where they are going during holidays. Whole families aren't crossing by the delusional methods you seem to think they are, especially not a few times a year. The risks and the costs are too high for those illegal aliens from Mexico to visit family there, they will not even go for an elderly parent being sick or dying.

As I initially called it, it is an unreality to believe illegal aliens would risk the life they have here, and the facts support the way I say it...
 
Old 08-04-2012, 05:47 PM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,020,887 times
Reputation: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
This is why it is not uncommon for an illegal to be deported in excess of 10 times. It's a huge joke to them, which is one reason we are the laughingstock of the world.
No, it is pretty uncommon for an illegal alien to be deported in excess of ten times. You need a better source than "malamute". Mexicans caught multiple times are flown to Mexico City when repatriated, rather than the closest Port of Entry.
 
Old 08-04-2012, 06:26 PM
 
1,580 posts, read 1,426,453 times
Reputation: 748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
This is why it is not uncommon for an illegal to be deported in excess of 10 times. It's a huge joke to them, which is one reason we are the laughingstock of the world.
Sad isn't it:

Speaking of being the laughing stock of the world.

An ex-coworker is threatening to call ice - DREAM Act Portal Forum
 
Old 08-04-2012, 06:52 PM
 
31,888 posts, read 14,685,001 times
Reputation: 8502
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
Sad isn't it:

Speaking of being the laughing stock of the world.

An ex-coworker is threatening to call ice - DREAM Act Portal Forum
It's a real eye opener reading that forum, isn't it? "Don't worry under Obama you're protected". They have become emboldened and nearly arrogant under Obama's new policy. I am waiting for them to get in our faces next and say "up yours". How anyone can feel a tug on the heartstrings reading what they have to say is beyond my comprehenson.
 
Old 08-04-2012, 10:10 PM
 
Location: Maryland
18,563 posts, read 15,816,256 times
Reputation: 6259
Oh well evidently the American people don't care much about these abuses of executive power.
 
Old 08-05-2012, 08:23 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,836,058 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Knight View Post
I can assure you its far from common to leave and try to return for vacation. The only times I've heard of someone leave was to permamently return home after saving enough to go home and start business there.
Not according to this. . .

Quote:
Villa is one of countless immigrants, legal and illegal, who return to Mexico in December to celebrate Christmas with their families after working arduous jobs in the United States.
Workers head home for holidays / Mexican immigrants return from U.S. jobs 12/25/2002 | Archives | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

Quote:
An annual Christmas pilgrimage used to see perhaps millions of Mexican immigrants, documented or not, return to Mexico from the U.S. for the holidays. But that flow has slowed as the U.S. militarizes its southern border and violence back home reduces the motherland’s charms. But the economic charms of working in the U.S. are paling, too.
Why Mexican Immigrants Can't Get Ahead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Knight View Post
It's uncommon. If there is any benefit to being an illegal alien, it's that you know what other illegal aliens do. Not many go on vacation due to money restraints, and fewer still go on vacation to their native countries.

Many would like to visit their native country, but that doesn't mean they're willing to risk being unable to re-enter for a few weeks of vacation. It is possible to cross over, but there is quite a bit of physical danger to do so. You could easily hire a coyote who crosses you over, only to leave you mid-voyage with no idea where to go next.
Are you sure you're in the loop?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top