U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2012, 07:56 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
No, it is pretty uncommon for an illegal alien to be deported in excess of ten times. You need a better source than "malamute". Mexicans caught multiple times are flown to Mexico City when repatriated, rather than the closest Port of Entry.
Unlike some, who pull "facts" out of the sky, and when asked for a credible source ignore requests, I don't make claims I can't support.

Quote:
Jose Vigil Carbajal, 25, was stopped Monday by Escondido police officers for a vehicle-code violation, said police Lt. Craig Carter. He was turned over to U.S. Immigration and Customs enforcement officials and was scheduled to again be removed from the country. According to ICE, he has been deported 15 times.
Man deported 15 times detained in Escondido | UTSanDiego.com

Quote:
Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office arrested five suspected undocumented immigrants Monday night, including a man who has been deported from the United States 14 times.
MCSO: Man deported from the United States fourteen times

Quote:
In another case, Juan Jose Beltran-Coronel's fourth trip to the border with immigration agents came after he was involved in a car crash in Kansas that killed his wife and exposed him as a human smuggler.

On 16 other occasions, Beltran was caught in the U.S. illegally and left on his own, court records show.

He served 5 1/2 years in prison and was shipped back to Mexico in 2002. Within three years, he was back, living in Preble County in western Ohio.
Deported illegal immigrants return repeatedly | The Columbus Dispatch

Quote:
Deportation is expensive, costing the government at least $12,500 per person, and it often does not work: between October 2008 and July 22 of this year, Immigration and Customs Enforcement spent $2.25 billion sending back 180,229 people who had been deported before and come back anyway. Many more have returned and stayed hidden.
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/03/wo...pagewanted=all

Who knows how many times he has actually been deported. And, all of these are just the tip of the iceberg.

Quote:
EDMONDS, Wash. – The KING 5 Investigators have learned that an illegal immigrant accused of raping a woman in Edmonds Sunday has been deported nine times. That's much more than previously reported.
LiveLeak.com - Illegal alien career criminal rapist has been deported 9 times

Old 08-05-2012, 08:00 AM

1,580 posts, read 1,422,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
It's a real eye opener reading that forum, isn't it? "Don't worry under Obama you're protected". They have become emboldened and nearly arrogant under Obama's new policy. I am waiting for them to get in our faces next and say "up yours". How anyone can feel a tug on the heartstrings reading what they have to say is beyond my comprehenson.
It's not just eye opening, some of the comments by those who support this travesty induce brain frost. They have been so emboldened by Obama's protective stance that they have no problem publicly admitting to their crimes. Unfortunately, there are so many complacent Americans that have no idea what is going on in this country it sickens me.

Old 08-05-2012, 08:16 AM

86,093 posts, read 69,881,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
It's not just eye opening, some of the comments by those who support this travesty induce brain frost. They have been so emboldened by Obama's protective stance that they have no problem publicly admitting to their crimes. Unfortunately, there are so many complacent Americans that have no idea what is going on in this country it sickens me.
They only "know" what they are told. We have about 12 million illegals...same number each year since 1986. And that number only came about because amnesty produced that number. When they proposed amnesty they said 3-4 million illegals were in the US. Surprise, surprise when 12 million got amnesty.

I think the number is closer to 40 million, if not more.

Old 08-05-2012, 08:26 AM

31,471 posts, read 14,559,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
They only "know" what they are told. We have about 12 million illegals...same number each year since 1986. And that number only came about because amnesty produced that number. When they proposed amnesty they said 3-4 million illegals were in the US. Surprise, surprise when 12 million got amnesty.

Actually, you are incorrect. About 3 million got amnesty in 1986. However, I believe it was thought that only about half that number was anticipated at the time. If memory serves me correctly there were a few mini-amnesties after that. It is true though that since then at least quaduple that number are here illegally today and perhaps more. Amnesties are a big mistake especially when incentives aren't removed to deter them from coming here continually and the borders aren't secured properly. That is what happened in 1986 and will again as I don't see much talk about deterrants.

Old 08-05-2012, 08:29 AM

Quote:

I am so in agreement with your estimate of 40 million. I predict that like the Reagan amnesty, the lines for this amnesty will continue with no end in sight. Of course this time around we will be an unofficial annex of Mexico and as planned (in 1986) our borders will have officially been erased. Mission accomplished!

Old 08-05-2012, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Actually, you are incorrect. About 3 million got amnesty in 1986. However, I believe it was thought that only about half that number was anticipated at the time. If memory serves me correctly there were a few mini-amnesties after that. It is true though that since then at least quaduple that number are here illegally today and perhaps more. Amnesties are a big mistake especially when incentives aren't removed to deter them from coming here continually and the borders aren't secured properly. That is what happened in 1986 and will again as I don't see much talk about deterrants.
Sorry about that. You are right and I should have rechecked the numbers I had in my head.
Projections were 1.1 million and 2.8 million applied.

Old 08-05-2012, 09:05 AM

Why do I think the number is higher than 12 million ? Because our social welfare programs expanded greatly since the last amnesty. Poverty in Mexico is worse than poverty here in the US. Here the kids are guaranteed food, education, medical care. The drug scene has also changed since 1986 with most drugs moving from South America up through Mexico into the US. Lax border security is another. I'd love to know how some families are able to go back to Mexico on vacation when their parents are here illegally. The kids in school tell me as much..they are born here but their parents aren't yet they are able to travel to Mexico for the summer and be back in time for school. I got 1 or 2 that told me this. Are the borders that open ? I have to believe so since I assume the parents wouldn't put themselves in such a position to be caught at the border trying to get back.

I just don't know anymore. What I read vs what I see and hear are so vastly different.
I'm in Texas, a border state, but I'm up near Austin which is 1/2 day's drive from the border.

How do you have 2nd generation US born kids entering school and not knowing any English? These are 2nd generation kids here. They are US citizens with US citizen parents and cannot speak any English when they enter school at 5 years old.

Folks further up north don't see or hear these kinds of stories.

Old 08-05-2012, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Why do I think the number is higher than 12 million ? Because our social welfare programs expanded greatly since the last amnesty. Poverty in Mexico is worse than poverty here in the US. Here the kids are guaranteed food, education, medical care. The drug scene has also changed since 1986 with most drugs moving from South America up through Mexico into the US. Lax border security is another. I'd love to know how some families are able to go back to Mexico on vacation when their parents are here illegally. The kids in school tell me as much..they are born here but their parents aren't yet they are able to travel to Mexico for the summer and be back in time for school. I got 1 or 2 that told me this. Are the borders that open ? I have to believe so since I assume the parents wouldn't put themselves in such a position to be caught at the border trying to get back.

I just don't know anymore. What I read vs what I see and hear are so vastly different.
I'm in Texas, a border state, but I'm up near Austin which is 1/2 day's drive from the border.

How do you have 2nd generation US born kids entering school and not knowing any English? These are 2nd generation kids here. They are US citizens with US citizen parents and cannot speak any English when they enter school at 5 years old.

Wait until Obama announces his mass amnesty. I guarantee at least 30 million will "come out of the shadows" to apply.

Old 08-05-2012, 09:15 AM

Quote:

Actually, it's understandable. The corporate masters' conversion of the press (insert 1 or 2) for English no matter what business you are calling has made it so comfortable and convenient for hispanic illegals to brazenly and openly function in American society without the capacity to ever learn or speak one word of English.

Even if their kids (anchors or not) never learn English, it's still a win, win situation for the corporate masters.

Old 08-05-2012, 09:38 AM

Quote:
It's a real eye opener reading that forum, isn't it? "Don't worry under Obama you're protected". They have become emboldened and nearly arrogant under Obama's new policy. I am waiting for them to get in our faces next and say "up yours". How anyone can feel a tug on the heartstrings reading what they have to say is beyond my comprehenson.
Oh, you should have been there before they sanitized the site, and deleted many of the threads. Talk about a putrid cesspool. They still refuse to filter, so the F-Bomb continues to flow from several of the more vile posters. Prior to Obama's pandering, there were frequently the most despicable racist comments imaginable. In fact, most non-Hispanic posters were not even welcome on that forum. They are the primary reason I view Dreamies with such contempt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or