Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2012, 10:55 AM

5,299 posts, read 4,846,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
30 years old is considered a "child" now ?

LOL..26 for Obamacare and now 30 for amnesty.
Well, you allude that people/families traveling back and forth to Mexico three times a year are likely illegal:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
...A huge number of kids in school tell us teachers where they are going for Spring Break, Christmas and summer vacation. Guess where ? You got it..they go to Mexico since all and yes all of them have family there.

I read about these "poor kids that grew up in the US and have no knowledge of Mexico" and laugh because that is so far removed from the truth.
It is an unreality of "malamute" proportions to believe an illegal alien is able to transit the border with Mexico successfully (and on schedule) three times a year...

Old 08-04-2012, 11:03 AM

Read [and understand the basic overview of] this article and tell me why the these two siblings should have instead self-deported from the United States:

Quote:
...When [Gabriela] Tepe heard the news, she felt flooded with relief. Her parents, who were granted green cards a few years earlier, and her two younger siblings, both American-born and thus citizens, were finally able to relax...

Last edited by IBMMuseum; 08-04-2012 at 11:29 AM..

Old 08-04-2012, 11:13 AM

3,204 posts, read 2,867,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Read this article and tell me why the these two siblings should have instead self-deported from the United States:

Maybe because there are 12.8 million and more unemployed Americans in this country that can't find jobs. I guess they need to go to Mexico to find employment. Maybe they can work for Ford or Nike or something down south? Would Mexico allow that?
Employment Situation Summary

Old 08-04-2012, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
Maybe because there are 12.8 million and more unemployed Americans in this country that can't find jobs. I guess they need to go to Mexico to find employment. Maybe they can work for Ford or Nike or something down south? Would Mexico allow that?
Employment Situation Summary
Reading comprehension fail, their parents were from Guatemala...

If you can't do a minimal amount of effort in composing a reply, why should I bother to follow any link you offer?...

Old 08-04-2012, 11:48 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,559,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Here is another little tidbit that I found in the article:

"Officials also said that “brief, casual, and innocent” absences from the United States would not be counted against residency requirements".

Isn't leaving the country while being in illegal status and returning illegally again a felony offense? Yet they are going to forgive that?
Indeed it is a felony offense to re-enter this country illegally. But, what the heck, countless laws are being ignored to accommodate illegals. What's one more?

Old 08-04-2012, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Reading comprehension fail, their parents were from Guatemala...

If you can't do a minimal amount of effort in composing a reply, why should I bother to follow any link you offer?...
I think you need to take your own advice. He didn't say THEY were from Mexico. He said, perhaps they need to go to Mexico to work at one of the relocated U.S. plants.

Old 08-04-2012, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I think you need to take your own advice. He didn't say THEY were from Mexico. He said, perhaps they need to go to Mexico to work at one of the relocated U.S. plants.
The second question was whether Mexico would allow that. The answer is "no". Their parents and two other siblings already have U.S. citizenship or are able to attain it (through legal residency).

In what way is the United States improved by these siblings, brought over at age 2 and 4, self-deporting themselves? Their returning (through family sponsorship), although with horrendous delays (for not being minors when they are eventually sponsored), is almost assured. Is it just some concept of spiteful justice? That's almost Robin Whiteley level.

Old 08-04-2012, 12:28 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Quote:
Well, you allude that people/families traveling back and forth to Mexico three times a year are likely illegal:

It is an unreality of "malamute" proportions to believe an illegal alien is able to transit the border with Mexico successfully (and on schedule) three times a year...
Oh please. A great number of them go back home for Christmas -- that's when many have a month long vacation and there are many articles about the Mexicans coming home to spend their big USA dollars and the efforts the Mexican government has made to protect them on their trip home. And Holy Week is another time that many make the pilgrimage back home.

Most don't actually hike through the desert either, they've got all kinds of laser border crossing cards that allow them to cross the border whenever they like. Stolen documents can be purchased in any border town. And many of these illegals like you yourself claim are simply "visa overstayers". They get a visa of some kind or another and simply stay and find work. Or they buy a stolen or sold visa and use it.

One of my neighbors had sold his green card a number of times to get drinking money and it only takes a week after you tell them you need a replacement card for it to be given to you.

Old 08-04-2012, 12:35 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
And around here when an illegal is deported, it usually takes only about 3 days max for the illegal to show back up.

They have these smugglers in Juarez who somehow happen to know when the agents on the bridge aren't going to be looking and there is an opening in the fence right below the bridge, all they do is keep them until they know when it's the right time and then they walk over to that spot and the illegals pass on through but the smuggler actually doesn't. That costs only $600 but you can get a laser border crossing card for $400 and they'll help you find one with a picture that looks like you or help you change your hair or shave to match one better.

If you don't feel like paying, you can get a ride to the end of the border fence and wait until the time is right and then walk on over, or there is another area where the illegals wait for the train that runs along the border so they can run out and get under the fence and then under the train tracks to a vehicle waiting for them -- unless they want to jump on the train to get to another city.

It's pretty easy because once an illegal has come over illegally a few times, they get it figured out. It's easier every time.

Old 08-04-2012, 12:40 PM

Quote:
The second question was whether Mexico would allow that. The answer is "no". Their parents and two other siblings already have U.S. citizenship or are able to attain it (through legal residency).

In what way is the United States improved by these siblings, brought over at age 2 and 4, self-deporting themselves? Their returning (through family sponsorship), although with horrendous delays (for not being minors when they are eventually sponsored), is almost assured. Is it just some concept of spiteful justice? That's almost Robin Whiteley level.
The Mexican government is so mean-spirited.

So, now the enforcement of our laws is deemed "spiteful justice?" Do tell. Their parents should have considered the ramifications prior to violating our laws. While their adult offspring were brought here as children, if we reward them, we are also rewarding their parents. Children must often suffer due to the selfish and unlawful behavior of their parents. That's one of the unfortunate realities of life. Ninety percent of Mexico's citizens have managed to remain there. It can't be that bad. Their parents adjusted to this country. Likewise, they will adjust.

Actually, if the plan required the removal of their parents, under a better economy and lower unemployment, I would probably support deferred action for a very select group of Dreamies. However, the current plan is nothing but a blanket amnesty. If I were a legal immigrant, I would be livid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration