U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 05:46 PM

31,471 posts, read 14,565,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
I doubt that USCIS will put everything else on hold or throw all resources to only processing one petition type. As I've commented, it is not congruent for many members here to worry about longer wait times for the petitions processed at USCIS. My wife still has to naturalize, but I am not real worried about the delays.

The sentence I have highlighted here has been part of what I have tried to impress on the readership here for a year. Thank You for stating it so well. It dispels the notion that there is some kind of generic "line" that is the same for all legal immigrants.

I'm not sure what you are asking, or how it relates to the discussion here...
Frank, whom I will not respond to has stated those are his views. I am merely asking if you agree or disagree with him. Go back and read what those views are and come back and let us know if you don't mind. I pointed out two of those things for you. Where is the confusion? If my questions don't relate to illegal immigration than how do his?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2012, 05:47 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
I don't really give a crap about what you "know for a fact". Who are you again? Right just an anonymous poster just like the rest of us.
If you believe this project is going to be halted in the future, then why do you keep making threads whining about it?
It may or may not be halted. That remains to be seen. If it does come to fruition, it will cost taxpayers hundreds of millions of dollars. While many citizens support DACA, they're also unaware of this additional tax burden. They certainly don't know about the welfare provision. But, when the cat is out of the bag, I can assure you, given our current economy and high unemployment, citizens are not going to be happy campers. You can take that to the bank. And, whether you "give a crap" or not, I do indeed know what I'm talking about. Yes, I will continue to inform the public about this travesty, and also express my opposition. Or, as you would say whining.

Old 08-06-2012, 05:54 PM

Quote:
I doubt that USCIS will put everything else on hold or throw all resources to only processing one petition type. As I've commented, it is not congruent for many members here to worry about longer wait times for the petitions processed at USCIS. My wife still has to naturalize, but I am not real worried about the delays.
You can doubt if you choose. But, again, I know for a fact, illegal aliens are now the priority. Resources are limited. Legal immigrants will have to wait, which is a damn shame.

Quote:
The sentence I have highlighted here has been part of what I have tried to impress on the readership here for a year. Thank You for stating it so well. It dispels the notion that there is some kind of generic "line" that is the same for all legal immigrants.
How does that negate the line? Yes, there are procedures, and each individual has a different process. But, the fact remains, there is a line, and illegals have been placed in front.

Old 08-06-2012, 06:17 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,790,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
It may or may not be halted. That remains to be seen. If it does come to fruition, it will cost taxpayers hundreds of millions of dollars. While many citizens support DACA, they're also unaware of this additional tax burden. They certainly don't know about the welfare provision. But, when the cat is out of the bag, I can assure you, given our current economy and high unemployment, citizens are not going to be happy campers. You can take that to the bank. And, whether you "give a crap" or not, I do indeed know what I'm talking about. Yes, I will continue to inform the public about this travesty, and also express my opposition. Or, as you would say whining.
Obama announced his policy publicly on tv about 2 months ago. I don't see any outrage so far and as a matter of fact, the majority of voters agreed with his decision. The only people who are vehemently opposed to this can be found on this section of the forum and other so called anti-illegal forums out there.

Btw, this so called welfare provision you are talking about doesn't exist. The only source you have is a report from a biased reporter with an ax to grind with the Obama administration.

Old 08-06-2012, 06:20 PM

29,988 posts, read 35,848,534 times
Amnesty by any other name.......Obamnesty.

Old 08-06-2012, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Obama announced his policy publicly on tv about 2 months ago. I don't see any outrage so far and as a matter of fact, the majority of voters agreed with his decision. The only people who are vehemently opposed to this can be found on this section of the forum and other so called anti-illegal forums out there.

Btw, this so called welfare provision you are talking about doesn't exist. The only source you have is a report from a biased reporter with an ax to grind with the Obama administration.
Two months ago citizens didn't realize Obama's amnesty gift would cost them hundreds of millions of dollars. Once they do, as stated previously, they will not be happy. Or, are you unaware of the current state of our economy and our high unemployment?

Stop fretting over the welfare provision. I already told you, when I have an official report, I'll post it.

Old 08-06-2012, 10:50 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Quote:
There's no line for those sponsored by family members -- but for those who must obtain a job in order to come here, there is a line.

Now that the illegals can grab up whatever jobs become available, that means those who want to come here but respect our laws and try to come here legally are now screwed.

Old 08-06-2012, 11:23 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
I say deport these married gay leeches immediately. Just look at this one:

"The junior senator from Connecticut is asking the Obama administration to hold a green card petition for a British national in same-sex relationship who would be eligible for residency in the United States if not for the Defense of Marriage Act.

'Kelli and Lucy are active and valuable members of our community,' Blumenthal writes. 'The United States stands to lose two highly intelligent and talented women to the United Kingdom if Lucy — a talented clinician, scientist, and valuable member of our community — is not able to stay in the United States.' A U.S. citizen with a Ph.D. in immunology, Ryan works for a pharmaceutical company on drug discovery research to help combat autoimmune diseases, such as multiple sclerosis. Truman is an ENT surgeon and a post-doctoral fellow at Yale. The couple filed their marriage-based application on Thursday.

Blumenthal asks Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano to hold the application on the basis that the Obama administration determined that DOMA is unconstitutional in February and the validity of the anti-gay law remains in question. 'The question of DOMA’s constitutionality and validity as applied to the lawful marriages of same-sex couples in states like Connecticut has yet to be decided by the federal courts and Congress,' Blumenthal writes. 'Until such a final determination is made, I ask that you withhold judgment on the validity of this petition from lawfully married Connecticut citizens.'

Under current immigration law, straight Americans can sponsor their foreign spouses for residency in the United States. But the Defense of Marriage Act, which prohibits federal recognition of same-sex marriage, prohibits gay Americans from taking the same action for their same-sex spouses."

Blumenthal seeks to aid lesbian bi-national couple | Washington Blade - America's Leading Gay News Source
Well -- there's no racial pandering to be done by catering to gay illegals because they are probably mostly white and Obama can pretty much count on the gay votes either way.

Old 08-06-2012, 11:24 PM

14,920 posts, read 10,722,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Well -- there's no racial pandering to be done by catering to gay illegals because they are probably mostly white and Obama can pretty much count on the gay votes either way.
I just deleted that post - I thought I was in a different thread (the one about DOMA and immigration via spousal visas).

Old 08-06-2012, 11:37 PM

5,146 posts, read 3,605,611 times
Obamnesty- wrong on so many levels. We have people coming here LEGALLY (despite exorbitant waiting times). Illegals need to be at the back of the line. Legals need to be obviously processed first. They made the effort, they get the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or