U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-03-2007, 04:41 PM

1,510 posts, read 8,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
now its just a code.. I guess the code of honor we take in the military does not mean anything anymore either. Sad. That what was once found to be law.. is now just code, and not worthy of respect. how far we have fallin.
the flag code has always been that. its one attempt at becoming law was shot down in favor of the constitution. what good is a code if it defies constitutional law?

Old 10-03-2007, 04:41 PM

5,080 posts, read 2,680,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
You know what screams racism to me? People who can't separate the concept of illegal alien from Mexican. This part of the forum is immigration, illegal or otherwise, and I wish both sides of the argument would stop turning this into a "Mexican bashing/coddling" agenda. There are plently of people here illegally that are not from Mexico, and there are plently of people from Mexico who are here legally.

I would venture a guess that the better part of the people on CD who are against illegal immigration have NO PROBLEM WHATSOEVER with Mexican people in the US who are here LEGALLY. Let's stop trying to muddle the issue here with fictive and perceived intolerance and stick to valid reasons in support of or against immigration.
I gave you rep for this post.. good job.. and well said.

Old 10-03-2007, 04:47 PM

Quote:
You know what screams racism to me? People who can't separate the concept of illegal alien from Mexican.
how is that racist? illegal and legal mexican immigrants are all still mexican.

Quote:
This part of the forum is immigration, illegal or otherwise, and I wish both sides of the argument would stop turning this into a "Mexican bashing/coddling" agenda.
then EVERYBODY needs to be careful about the words they choose. we have topics such as "this is what mexicans think of us..."

Quote:
There are plently of people here illegally that are not from Mexico, and there are plently of people from Mexico who are here legally.
agreed. but once again, there are others that cloud the issue with the language they choose to use. i try to be reactionary to the language used, not the catalyst.

Quote:
I would venture a guess that the better part of the people on CD who are against illegal immigration have NO PROBLEM WHATSOEVER with Mexican people in the US who are here LEGALLY. Let's stop trying to muddle the issue here with fictive and perceived intolerance and stick to valid reasons in support of or against immigration.
fine by me. but i would expect you to call out everybody who uses the wrong language when talking about the issue. "mexican" = unacceptable. "illegal immigrant" = acceptable.

Old 10-03-2007, 04:50 PM

Quote:
You know what screams racism to me? People who can't separate the concept of illegal alien from Mexican. This part of the forum is immigration, illegal or otherwise, and I wish both sides of the argument would stop turning this into a "Mexican bashing/coddling" agenda. There are plently of people here illegally that are not from Mexico, and there are plently of people from Mexico who are here legally.

tell that to faith10. s/he was the one that brought race into it. how is a comparative to the "average american, english, or filipino" not targeted against mexicans in general? s/he should've said "average legal immigrant or citizen", dont you agree?

Old 10-03-2007, 05:37 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,301,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
tell that to faith10. s/he was the one that brought race into it. how is a comparative to the "average american, english, or filipino" not targeted against mexicans in general? s/he should've said "average legal immigrant or citizen", dont you agree?
The words I used were 'too many', not meaning all or in general, just too many illegals and some who got amnesty have shown clearly by statistics very high rates of serious and not as serious crimes. I read that 1 in 4 have criminal histories before coming over here...no surprise. When their crimes repeatedly hit you personally over the years, you do notice when these crimes are those not seen in American society often if 'at all', and you notice when crime is out of control making lives h-llish where previously life was much better and safer. I'm not racist and do like the nice, normal legals and even some illegals for being nice people.

Old 10-03-2007, 05:39 PM

4,134 posts, read 2,594,661 times
Actually the illegals aren't the problem. They're just a symptom. If you watched the whole video you would have seen that the Hispanic community was once again protesting immigration doing their job. It seems they had apprehended more than a dozen illegals working at McDonalds! We're not talking about day-laborers folks. It's a multi-national chain hiring illegals. If we were to stop giving them jobs and healthcare, they would have no reason to come. California passed laws to deny healthcare to illegals some years ago but the Federal Government shot it down as unconstitutional. Imagine that.

Midwestern politicians in the back pockets of the big farming interests don't want to stop the influx of cheap illegal labor. As long as we keep electing these farm bought clowns to office, nothing will be done about the illegals. Big business likes illegals and with the money they save on payroll, they can easily afford a politician or three. They keep saying it's a problem but refuse to go after the businesses causing the problem.

Colorado has stiff laws for people hiring illegals so their illegal problem has shrunk considerably. Now the farmers may have to trade in their Navigators for a Ford truck and pay a legal wage. Poor guys.

The government is even creating bogus uses for crops such as Ethanol production. Ethanol uses more energy to produce than is can supply. Simply put, it takes a gallon and a half of gas to make a gallon of ethanol. Any sixth-grader who's awake in math class can point out the problem with that. This only creates an even greater demand for illegal labor and more profit for farmers. If you really want to do something about illegals, do it with your vote. Write your congressman and let him or her know you're not interested in buying a new LearJet for Farmer John. Yeah I know a bunch of farmers will pipe up and plead poverty. Yeah, right.

I don't blame the illegals, they just want a better life. As long as we keep offering it, they'll keep coming.

That business owner, who happens to be a US citizen knew damned well he was breaking the law. He has Mexicans for customers and he did it for profit. He should be charged and prosecuted to the maximum the law will allow. I would go as far as calling it sedition in fact. He purposely broke the law for profit.

Believe it or not, I'm a liberal. At least when it comes to Americans. The rest of the world can sit and spin for all I care. We need to take care of problems at home and stop saving the rest of the world. Illegal immigration (Invasion) is a real problem and it's root cause is internal.

Old 10-03-2007, 05:53 PM

2,100 posts, read 5,268,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
the flag code has always been that. its one attempt at becoming law was shot down in favor of the constitution. what good is a code if it defies constitutional law?
"the flag code" is title 4 of the United States Code. the US Code IS federal law enacted by Congress. if you think the US Code is not law, try running afoul of title 26 (internal revenue code).

Old 10-03-2007, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by faith10 View Post
The words I used were 'too many', not meaning all or in general, just too many illegals and some who got amnesty have shown clearly by statistics very high rates of serious and not as serious crimes. I read that 1 in 4 have criminal histories before coming over here...no surprise. When their crimes repeatedly hit you personally over the years, you do notice when these crimes are those not seen in American society often if 'at all', and you notice when crime is out of control making lives h-llish where previously life was much better and safer. I'm not racist and do like the nice, normal legals and even some illegals for being nice people.
if it wasnt about race, why did you bring race in as a comparative?

Old 10-03-2007, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katenik View Post
"the flag code" is title 4 of the United States Code. the US Code IS federal law enacted by Congress. if you think the US Code is not law, try running afoul of title 26 (internal revenue code).
"The United States Flag Code establishes advisory rules for display and care of the flag of the United States. It is title 4 of the United States Code: 4 U.S.C. § 1 et seq. This is a U.S. federal law, but there is no penalty for failure to comply with them and they are not widely enforced — indeed, punitive enforcement would conflict with the First Amendment right to freedom of speech, as the U.S. Supreme Court has ruled when the subject has come up in the past."

the law contradicts the original constitutional amendment, same as the income tax. the original text of the constitution calls for all direct taxes to be apportioned, with the 16th amendment being illegally ratified after the fact.

Old 10-03-2007, 07:31 PM

716 posts, read 1,324,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
Actually the illegals aren't the problem. They're just a symptom. If you watched the whole video you would have seen that the Hispanic community was once again protesting immigration doing their job. It seems they had apprehended more than a dozen illegals working at McDonalds! We're not talking about day-laborers folks. It's a multi-national chain hiring illegals. If we were to stop giving them jobs and healthcare, they would have no reason to come. California passed laws to deny healthcare to illegals some years ago but the Federal Government shot it down as unconstitutional. Imagine that.

Midwestern politicians in the back pockets of the big farming interests don't want to stop the influx of cheap illegal labor. As long as we keep electing these farm bought clowns to office, nothing will be done about the illegals. Big business likes illegals and with the money they save on payroll, they can easily afford a politician or three. They keep saying it's a problem but refuse to go after the businesses causing the problem.

Colorado has stiff laws for people hiring illegals so their illegal problem has shrunk considerably. Now the farmers may have to trade in their Navigators for a Ford truck and pay a legal wage. Poor guys.

The government is even creating bogus uses for crops such as Ethanol production. Ethanol uses more energy to produce than is can supply. Simply put, it takes a gallon and a half of gas to make a gallon of ethanol. Any sixth-grader who's awake in math class can point out the problem with that. This only creates an even greater demand for illegal labor and more profit for farmers. If you really want to do something about illegals, do it with your vote. Write your congressman and let him or her know you're not interested in buying a new LearJet for Farmer John. Yeah I know a bunch of farmers will pipe up and plead poverty. Yeah, right.

I don't blame the illegals, they just want a better life. As long as we keep offering it, they'll keep coming.

That business owner, who happens to be a US citizen knew damned well he was breaking the law. He has Mexicans for customers and he did it for profit. He should be charged and prosecuted to the maximum the law will allow. I would go as far as calling it sedition in fact. He purposely broke the law for profit.

Believe it or not, I'm a liberal. At least when it comes to Americans. The rest of the world can sit and spin for all I care. We need to take care of problems at home and stop saving the rest of the world. Illegal immigration (Invasion) is a real problem and it's root cause is internal.

Agreed, but also part of the problem is these syndicated gangs/organisation that forges SS cards, driving licences, ID cards. Very good ones i might add.

Illegals are getting hold of these and managing to siff through the nets almost hard to detect unless ofcourse you know them personally.

That explains a lot of ID theft.. WIth illegals in their millions those counterfeit SS & ID could make a few people rich, in the expense of screwing up this country ..

Last edited by GracieJJ; 10-03-2007 at 07:43 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration