U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2007, 07:42 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,874,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
if it wasnt about race, why did you bring race in as a comparative?
I didn't, you just don't see the same problems in societies I mentioned. Only medical experts, socialogists could understand why. Nothing to do with racism which not liking a race of people.

Old 10-03-2007, 08:02 PM

1,510 posts, read 708,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faith10 View Post
I didn't, you just don't see the same problems in societies I mentioned. Only medical experts, socialogists could understand why.
youre right, i don't see the same "problems". i dont see them as "problems" at all.. just diversity, which has the same basic right to existence as our own culture.

Quote:
Nothing to do with racism which not liking a race of people.
Quote:
They are nothing like the average American, English, or Filipino in personality.
that was a racial comparative. any racial distinguishment IS racism, by definition.

Old 10-03-2007, 08:14 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,611,035 times
Quote:
tell that to faith10. s/he was the one that brought race into it. how is a comparative to the "average american, english, or filipino" not targeted against mexicans in general? s/he should've said "average legal immigrant or citizen", dont you agree?
There is no Mexican race-------most people from that country are Mestizo AKA mixed Native American/White (usually Spanish)

Old 10-03-2007, 08:43 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,052,585 times
What this all boils down to is that this Mexican business owner knew he was flying the Mexican flag over the American flag as a way to disrespect America and our laws. There is nothing that would ever convince me he did not know what he was up to.

Seeing someone have a flag of their country of origin I believe most people would not think a thing about it but the Mexicans have publicly used the Mexican flag as an in your face, middle finger insult. The confederate flag was used by the KKK and it will forever be associated with a hate group when in fact it was a flag of the south. Now that Mexicans have used the Mexican flag as a symbol to spit in our face it will always been seen as a tool to disrespect America.

Old 10-03-2007, 08:48 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,874,837 times
Quote:
youre right, i don't see the same "problems". i dont see them as "problems" at all.. just diversity, which has the same basic right to existence as our own culture.

that was a racial comparative. any racial distinguishment IS racism, by definition.
No, not at all about racism. Hispanics are same race as Whites and Filipinos and English. If one speaks of problems/crimes or the lack of it in different places and peoples it is not speaking of an entire society...and not racism. Thousands of posts here speak of large crime that illegals have brought here and is in their home country. This shocks many because we didn't have these large crime statistics here before, and we are often personally hit with it.

You are lucky that you have not seen the same problems I mentioned, the crime, in your life.

Old 10-03-2007, 08:52 PM

1,510 posts, read 708,886 times
Quote:
No, not at all about racism. Hispanics are same race as Whites and Filipinos and English. If one speaks of problems/crimes or the lack of it in different places and peoples it is not speaking of an entire society...and not racism. Thousands of posts here speak of large crime that illegals have brought here and is in their home country. This shocks many because we didn't have these large crime statistics here before, and we are often personally hit with it.

The problems I spoke of were serious crimes.
then why did you use racial terminology?

Old 10-03-2007, 08:53 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,611,035 times
Quote:

The problems I spoke of were serious crimes.
Not quite: Filipinos typically are Asian-------like Chinese and Japanese.

Culturally though; they are de facto 'Anglo' for the most part.

Old 10-03-2007, 08:58 PM

716 posts, read 1,866,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Not quite: Filipinos typically are Asian-------like Chinese and Japanese.

Culturally though; they are de facto 'Anglo' for the most part.
Well spotted!!

Old 10-03-2007, 08:58 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,610,630 times
Quote:

GHOST, I think I'm beginning to see your side---It's not that you're really all that wrong, you're just a little more understanding than most contributors to this forum. It's like saying a "shoplifter" is really just a "shopper", except he's skipped a step....and a "carjacker" is really nothing more than a VERY persuasive hitchhiker. Likewise, a "trespasser" is simply an uninvited houseguest, and a "rapist" is a guy who "just won't take 'NO' for an answer".

Very interesting....illegals are really just immigrants....hmmmm....OK, I'm trying. Please be patient with me.....give me a little more time...

Old 10-03-2007, 09:00 PM

716 posts, read 1,866,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
GHOST, I think I'm beginning to see your side---It's not that you're really all that wrong, you're just a little more understanding than most contributors to this forum. It's like saying a "shoplifter" is really just a "shopper", except he's skipped a step....and a "carjacker" is really nothing more than a VERY persuasive hitchhiker. Likewise, a "trespasser" is simply an uninvited houseguest, and a "rapist" is a guy who "just won't take 'NO' for an answer".

Very interesting....illegals are really just immigrants....hmmmm....OK, I'm trying. Please be patient with me.....give me a little more time...
ROFLMAO.... Gotta love that, reminds me of British comedy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration