U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-04-2007, 09:35 AM

16,005 posts, read 26,121,774 times

Advertisements

Speaking of justification, GHOST, that is what you are doing. What other laws do you advocate that people should break?

Old 10-04-2007, 09:42 AM

8,127 posts, read 10,142,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Speaking of justification, GHOST, that is what you are doing. What other laws do you advocate that people should break?
Is this not a forum to debate everything pertaining to immigration? Laws included? Some people don't like our laws, that is why there is protest.

Old 10-04-2007, 10:09 AM

1,510 posts, read 103,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
any that they dont agree with. through protest. which is permitted and protected by the constitution. do you know what the constitution even says?

Old 10-04-2007, 10:49 AM

236 posts, read 302,918 times
GHOST. Do you pick and chose what laws you think are valid and which ones you will follow? Do you believe we all should be able to disobey any law that we think is wrong? I have yet to read a valid arguement on the CRIMINAL activity of breaking Our immigrations laws, by crossing over our borders to enter this country for any purpose. Face it people they have broken the first law by coming here without permission. You may not agree with the law but it is still a law. It is never okay to just take something that does not belong to you. If you want it, work for it, and do it legally, do not steal what does not belong to you. ILLEGAL is ILLEGAL!!!!!

Old 10-04-2007, 11:03 AM

3,400 posts, read 3,808,722 times
What part of illegal don't they understand???

Old 10-04-2007, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinasgt2005 View Post
GHOST. Do you pick and chose what laws you think are valid and which ones you will follow?
pretty much. it's not necessarily a bad thing. people were drinking during prohibition, people smoke marijuana in their own homes. are these activities cause to jail someone? i certainly dont think so. prohibition was repealed because people agreed. it is the idea that the government is a servant government, and that the people collectively decide what laws they want enforced that's idealized in the constitution through free speech and the right to protest. of course if a crime is committed in the public eye, the person will likely be punished, but that is a risk they choose to take. hopefully, we can distinguish what actually should constitute criminal activity - harm onto others, or the infringement of one's personal space or property (read: land you personally own, and your own body)

Quote:
Do you believe we all should be able to disobey any law that we think is wrong?
we ARE able to disobey any law we think is wrong. that's impossible to stop. it's only possible to punish as a reaction. so what our forefathers did was legalize protest, to spread perspective on any given subject up for debate, so that the masses could be informed from oppositional and supportive voices, and determine what they feel to be justifiable law. all of this was permitted through 1. current public opinion, and 2. protest to that opinion. that is why it is a right! because the constitution says that no man shall be denied a voice, and a way to fight for what he believes in.

Quote:
I have yet to read a valid arguement on the CRIMINAL activity of breaking Our immigrations laws, by crossing over our borders to enter this country for any purpose. Face it people they have broken the first law by coming here without permission. You may not agree with the law but it is still a law. It is never okay to just take something that does not belong to you. If you want it, work for it, and do it legally, do not steal what does not belong to you. ILLEGAL is ILLEGAL!!!!!
we deny immigrants work without a social security card, and we deny them social security cards (benefits or not). because they need a ss card to work, they get a fake one. they want to WORK. we are not giving them a fair means to. and they fight tooth and nail to get to this country so they can WORK. not steal. they WORK. they work hard and for little pay. and they do it every day. the law obviously needs protest, because we are criminalizing people who are not doing anything but trying to survive. everyday people like you and me.

Old 10-04-2007, 11:04 AM

8,127 posts, read 10,142,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinasgt2005 View Post
GHOST. Do you pick and chose what laws you think are valid and which ones you will follow? Do you believe we all should be able to disobey any law that we think is wrong? I have yet to read a valid arguement on the CRIMINAL activity of breaking Our immigrations laws, by crossing over our borders to enter this country for any purpose. Face it people they have broken the first law by coming here without permission. You may not agree with the law but it is still a law. It is never okay to just take something that does not belong to you. If you want it, work for it, and do it legally, do not steal what does not belong to you. ILLEGAL is ILLEGAL!!!!!
We are debating law as well right?

Old 10-04-2007, 11:14 AM

Hey, I am just following the posts. People are speaking on laws so will I. There really should not be any debate. If I broke a law I would be in jail. They are breaking our laws they need to be in Jail or sent back to their country. I robbed a bank because my family is hungry is not an excuse to job a bank. I want a better life for my family is not a reason to break a countries law against illegal entry. ILLEGAL is ILLEGAL. A law is a law whether you believe it is right or not. Come here legally I say welcome break our laws I say good riddance.

Old 10-04-2007, 11:15 AM

oops sry mispelling!!! Robbed a bank. lol. I am educated I promise I am.

Old 10-04-2007, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
What part of illegal don't they understand???
the "why?" part
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration