U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 10-04-2007, 11:18 AM
 
Location: Cali
3,887 posts, read 6,011,053 times
Reputation: 2201

Advertisements

Because y is a crooked letter!lol

 
Old 10-04-2007, 11:18 AM
 
1,510 posts, read 712,636 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinasgt2005 View Post
Hey, I am just following the posts. People are speaking on laws so will I. There really should not be any debate. If I broke a law I would be in jail. They are breaking our laws they need to be in Jail or sent back to their country. I robbed a bank because my family is hungry is not an excuse to job a bank. I want a better life for my family is not a reason to break a countries law against illegal entry. ILLEGAL is ILLEGAL. A law is a law whether you believe it is right or not. Come here legally I say welcome break our laws I say good riddance.
nobody protests the right to rob banks. it wouldnt be sensible to allow direct theft, and that is exactly why no one protests it. doesnt mean they shouldnt have the right to. when you say "there really should not be any debate", you are being anti-constitutional. debate itself is not a crime to you, is it?
 
Old 10-04-2007, 11:20 AM
 
1,510 posts, read 712,636 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
Because y is a crooked letter!lol
id appreciate a serious answer. yours wasnt even funny.
 
Old 10-04-2007, 11:24 AM
 
Location: California
236 posts, read 399,786 times
Reputation: 228
A law is a law Ghost. You can debate it because you are a legal citizen. That is your right. You can't break it because it is illegal, that is why we have laws to keep law and order. Our constitution does not say, Hey people, if you don't agree with a law it is okay to break it, Does it?? Illegal immigrants can debate our laws in their own country. That is their right but in this country we have laws against illegal entry. Right??????
 
Old 10-04-2007, 11:27 AM
 
Location: California
236 posts, read 399,786 times
Reputation: 228
Me anti constitutional. LMAO I am a law abiding citizen of the United States. I obey the laws of this country. I believe in our constitution and our LAWS. Break a law you are punished. Just like a child. Do you allow your children to break your rules? Do you punish them when they do??
 
Old 10-04-2007, 11:33 AM
 
Location: Cali
3,887 posts, read 6,011,053 times
Reputation: 2201
There is something called the rule of law. This nation above all is a nation of LAWS!!!!
 
Old 10-04-2007, 11:34 AM
 
1,510 posts, read 712,636 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinasgt2005 View Post
A law is a law Ghost. You can debate it because you are a legal citizen. That is your right. You can't break it because it is illegal, that is why we have laws to keep law and order. Our constitution does not say, Hey people, if you don't agree with a law it is okay to break it, Does it?? Illegal immigrants can debate our laws in their own country. That is their right but in this country we have laws against illegal entry. Right??????
we have all broken laws we disagree with. well, maybe not every single person. but id be willing to bet that a healthy majority of us have, whether it's speeding in our cars, smoking a joint, trespassing, vandalizing, shoplifting, etc.. that doesn't mean that all those laws need to be overturned, but the ones that dont affect anybody else directly (smoking a joint, in this case) should be rescrutinized. and regardless if the constitution grants citizenship to these "illegals", we should not fear what they have to say. at the very least, we should understand their viewpoints, and see if we still have the same mindset. and i think many of us fail to fully understand where they come from. we have never been that poor, or that desperate to survive in the fact of adversity.
 
Old 10-04-2007, 11:37 AM
 
1,510 posts, read 712,636 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinasgt2005 View Post
Me anti constitutional. LMAO I am a law abiding citizen of the United States. I obey the laws of this country. I believe in our constitution and our LAWS.
some laws are unconstitutional. do you follow the law first or the constitution first?

Quote:
Break a law you are punished. Just like a child. Do you allow your children to break your rules? Do you punish them when they do??
i dont have a child, but i wouldnt encourage my child to be close-minded towards any groups of people or ideas. i would stress the importance of education of oneself so as to fully understand an issue from various viewpoints so that they can make an educated determination on what is logically and reasonably just. my basic principle is that as long as you do not violate a person's body or private property, it should generally be tolerated.
 
Old 10-04-2007, 11:46 AM
 
Location: California
236 posts, read 399,786 times
Reputation: 228
Ghost, you will say anything to try and make your point even at the excusing of illegal activity. That is very worrisome. Do you honestly believe that illegal immigration does not hurt anyone? And do not presume to know me and my situation. My family was poor. We did not have alot. But guess what? My parents worked hard and obeyed the law. Like I said before, just because you want something that does not give you the right to take it without permission Again illegal entry is just that Illegal!!!!
 
Old 10-04-2007, 11:53 AM
 
1,510 posts, read 712,636 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinasgt2005 View Post
Ghost, you will say anything to try and make your point even at the excusing of illegal activity.
i dont excuse it. i question it. if i can not justify it, i form an opinion and argue it. and i have every right to do all of that.

Quote:
That is very worrisome. Do you honestly believe that illegal immigration does not hurt anyone?
i believe it hurts us a lot less to allow them in than it hurts them to be denied in. and im all for unity and general humanity. would you let someone starve so you could have air conditioning? because that is what the mentality implies.

Quote:
And do not presume to know me and my situation. My family was poor. We did not have alot. But guess what? My parents worked hard and obeyed the law.
dont presume to know the situation of every illegal immigrant. many of them are just trying to make a living, and the legal way to do it is too costly or timely. they cannot wait if they need to survive. and theyre almost always willing to work for it. just like your parents. difference is, our laws dont give them a fair means of having the ability to work themselves up legally. so they are forced, by our legislation, to pursue an illegal route in order to survive. why dont we give them a free opportunity to come into the land of freedom so they can earn their way up?

Quote:
Like I said before, just because you want something that does not give you the right to take it without permission Again illegal entry is just that Illegal!!!!

some of them want it, some of them need it. i doubt you would uphold the law if it meant you would suffer, starve, and possibly die. btw, you didn't answer my question: do you follow the law first or the constitution first?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top