U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2007, 11:31 AM

1,510 posts, read 709,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinasgt2005 View Post
Stupid laws??? (your words not mine) Wow. Your belief is that we should open the flood gates and let everyone in. Right???
an optimal solution would be using diplomacy to advocate government's sharing of wealth through social programs and fair trade agreements with neighboring nations.

Quote:
Should we let all the starving people in Africa come over??? Because they are suffering more than anyone. Just look at the children there. They number in the millions.
we should definitely work to restore fair government and get them fed. they are not as geographically inclined to come over on their own, unfortunately.

Quote:
Where will we put everyone??? Do you think this country can accomadate all the people of the world who are suffering??
the united states ranks 172 in population density. almost dead last. the european union is ranked 88. are you saying we couldn't handle a similar population density as europe?

Quote:
Who want a better life? Do you think our economy can handle an influx of people who have no money and who need us to help them until they get on their feet?
our economy is struggling, regardless. that has a lot to do with the federal reserve system (communism: central bank), and the general interest rate we put on money, combined with an unlimited printing potential with no material wealth behind it. if our economy was healthy, we could certainly accomodate a LOT of people. and i'd be willing to give up my whirpool tubs and corvettes and big screen tvs to feed people. undoubtedly. it seems like common human sense.

Quote:
Let's tell every country that America will except all of their citizens that want a better life, who are hungry, who are running from the law, oh and please let them know we will screw our citizens to pay for them.

that is a sensationalist argument. keep it realistic.

Old 10-04-2007, 11:32 AM

3,885 posts, read 5,993,830 times
People seem to forget that immigrating to the USA is a priviledge, not a right!

Old 10-04-2007, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
There are people starving all over the world are you suggesting that we invite them all here???
no but we should try to feed them, with whatever extra money we have. too bad the banks have most of it.

Quote:
Mexico gets billions from its oil that it sell. They ought to put the money to good use instead of sticking it in Swiss banks!
the mexican government gets billions. and youre right, they should put it to good use, by helping their people lift themselves up. and we should use our power of diplomacy to make that good a reality.

Old 10-04-2007, 11:33 AM

9,742 posts, read 9,059,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
the "why?" part
Because we say so?

If I tresspass on your property, you owe me no explanation as to why I must leave. BECAUSE IT'S YOUR PROPERTY. Capiche? Our laws are enacted by us, not Mexicans, not Chinese, not anyone BUT US.

Sovereignty. Look it up.

Old 10-04-2007, 11:34 AM

1,484 posts, read 3,697,700 times
Default Ghost come one

I also understand illegal immigration...murder , theft and such. Doesnt mean its OK and up for reversal.

The US cannot take on the poor from all countries. This is why we have countries oh wait I am sure the next response will be "counties..just another stupid law"

all of your responses are a pathway for a lawless America. Legal immigration already exists. Oh because it isnt free I guess that its not good enough that this country unlike many others even offers a legal open pathway to come here. Free, they only way that could happen is with a whole lot of volunteers or Americans being forced to pay for it. I work to support my family, not another countries.

What is your explanation for these people not coming here legally?

Old 10-04-2007, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Lets not have any laws and just have pure anarchy then!
that is a bad idea. why advocate such an extreme because i have a problem with a couple of our laws?

Old 10-04-2007, 11:37 AM

Quote:
People seem to forget that immigrating to the USA is a priviledge, not a right!
of course it isnt a right, but people have the right to survive as well. you were lucky to be born in the united states. you couldve been easily born to a poor mexican family. would you expect to starve or would you understand if your father had to go work in the united states to feed you guys? some perspective could really make you rethink your position.

Old 10-04-2007, 11:37 AM

Quote:
because i believe the crime committed is the only path many of them are forced to take.
Forced to take? At gunpoint, I suppose. It's apparent that you have no clue as to what you're talking about.

Old 10-04-2007, 11:39 AM

Quote:
of course it isnt a right, but people have the right to survive as well. you were lucky to be born in the united states. you couldve been easily born to a poor mexican family. would you expect to starve or would you understand if your father had to go work in the united states to feed you guys? some perspective could really make you rethink your position.
Please show statistics supporting this nonsense. Show me all these Mexicans starving to death.

Old 10-04-2007, 11:40 AM

3,885 posts, read 5,993,830 times
Quote:

Those are the sad realities of life. Probably 90% of Mexico's people wish they could live in the US but we certainly cannot have all of them here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration