U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2007, 11:49 AM

1,510 posts, read 708,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinasgt2005 View Post
You can't pick and chose what laws to follow Ghost. Your are advocating the right of people to break laws they don't agree with. If you don't like them debate them, protest them but don't allow groups of people to come here and have free reign to pick what laws to obey. Your arguement is if I don't agree break it. You agree obey it. Right??? I don't like that they banned smoking in public parks but guess what I obey it. Stupid law but oh well life is not fair sometimes.
i dont advocate the breaking of the law, i understand why they do it. that is all. please make that distinguishment. you dont have to tell them life is not fair, either. they have more idea than you probably ever will.

Old 10-04-2007, 11:49 AM

11 posts, read 29,019 times
...I believe it is a federal crime to fly any flag higher than the United States of America flag (within the United States and on United soils).

The federal government needs to get involved and the responsible parties (the parties responsible for violating this law - I should look that "law" up...) need to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. (I wouldn't be surprised if the responsible parties were illegal!!! DEPORT THEM AND THEIR ENTIRE - I MEAN ENTIRE - FAMILY!!!! AND RIGHT NOW!!! NOT NEXT YEAR!!!!

As for the vet who took it down....he's still defending his country...makes me feel good inside! The President needs to give him some sort of public award or medal or something!!!!

(I must admit, I did not watch the video...I didn't feel the need to. Thanks for bringing this to our attention citigirl!)

Old 10-04-2007, 11:50 AM

9,742 posts, read 9,058,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
we create the realities of our lives and those around us. are you claiming it would be impossible to feed the hungry around the world? it would involve a lot of luxury sacrifices, but we are more than able to do it. why shouldn't we?
Speak for yourself. I work hard for my money. Give yours away. I'll keep mine for my family, thank you.

Old 10-04-2007, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
You said they are starving. Show me they are STARVING! (You can't. They aren't starving. Poverty does not equal starving.)
buddy, you can't afford food if you live in poverty. it's not like mexico has food stamps and a welfare office. it's impossible to feed more than a single person on $2/day, and even that single person would not be eating well or plentifully. this is common sense.

Old 10-04-2007, 11:51 AM

Quote:
i dont advocate the breaking of the law, i understand why they do it. that is all. please make that distinguishment. you dont have to tell them life is not fair, either. they have more idea than you probably ever will.
You have absolutely no clue as to why they do it.

Here's a hint: Because they can get away with it.

Old 10-04-2007, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Speak for yourself. I work hard for my money. Give yours away. I'll keep mine for my family, thank you.
whatever happened to community? do you really need the fancy kitchenware or the multiple tvs with cable THAT BAD??? i know its out of sight, out of mind. but have some compassion!

Old 10-04-2007, 11:53 AM

Quote:
buddy, you can't afford food if you live in poverty. it's not like mexico has food stamps and a welfare office. it's impossible to feed more than a single person on $2/day, and even that single person would not be eating well or plentifully. this is common sense.
Pal, impoverished people eat. If they didn't eat, they would die, and then there would be no impoverished people. This is common sense.

(Do you even see the glaring contradiction in stating "you can't afford food if you live in poverty?")

Old 10-04-2007, 11:54 AM

Quote:
You have absolutely no clue as to why they do it.

Here's a hint: Because they can get away with it.
yes, i can see it now

*illegally crosses*, "haha, i am in the united states" "well, what now?" "i dunno, man. i just wanted to rub it in their faces that im here."

it makes a lot more sense to understand they come here to work for what translates to a livable wage in mexico. and they do it "illegally" because they cant pay the legal immigration fees or afford to wait. we dont give them that option, what do we expect them to do?

Old 10-04-2007, 11:56 AM

Quote:
whatever happened to community? do you really need the fancy kitchenware or the multiple tvs with cable THAT BAD??? i know its out of sight, out of mind. but have some compassion!
What ever happened to freedom? Do you really need to impose your morals on me and everyone else?

Old 10-04-2007, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Pal, impoverished people eat. If they didn't eat, they would die, and then there would be no impoverished people. This is common sense.

(Do you even see the glaring contradiction in stating "you can't afford food if you live in poverty?")
they eat like crap, they have no roof, they die young, and theyre malnourished pretty much their whole lives. is that any way to live? its survival on the most pathetic level, and we dont have to watch it happen so we dont care. starvation = malnourishment, not death.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration