U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2007, 12:08 PM

9,742 posts, read 9,058,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
by punishing the other crimes committed. same as we do with everyone else. you shouldnt have the right to punish anyone until they commit an unjustifiable crime. they all cross, and anyone who commits criminal activity, after they are already here, should be punished appropriately. same as you or me.
Ever hear of the Mariel Boat Lift?

By your logic, every nation in the world could simply drop off its most heinous, violent criminals on our shores/borders, and we would welcome them with open arms, that is, until they continue committing crimes here, at which point we will lock them all up - where, exactly?

Old 10-04-2007, 12:08 PM

1,510 posts, read 708,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinasgt2005 View Post
OMG!!! You are contradicting yourself. "A Vet should not be able to trespass and vandalize my property just because he is a Vet" Wow is that not what we have been saying about illegal immigrants???
private property is not the same as public property. no person owns the roads, the parks, or the sidewalks. make that distinguishment. its important.

Old 10-04-2007, 12:10 PM

Quote:
i do not have a lot of luxuries because a lot of my money goes towards the working class in this country through tips and services rendered. robin hood was considered a good man to everyone but the greedy, so i'll gladly accept that namesake.
Tips and services rendered? LOL!

In other words, you spend everything you earn. Are you greedy? Or just low-income?

Old 10-04-2007, 12:11 PM

Quote:
private property is not the same as public property. no person owns the roads, the parks, or the sidewalks. make that distinguishment. its important.
And foreign countries are not the same as the USA. Please make that distinction. It's important as well.,

Old 10-04-2007, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Simply amazing. Look up sovereignty and how it is related to freedom.
sovereignty just grants us control of our political body and keeps us free from external control. immigrants are not controlling our politics or our nation. they are merely participating in it. im glad i looked it up. supported my argument greatly. thanks for the advice.

Quote:
Can you keep me off your property? Is that an exercize in your freedom? If I decided what you can and can't do with your property, would that be a violation of your freedom?
yes, my PRIVATE property. i cant make you get off of a sidewalk or a bus or kick you out of a park. there is a difference between public and private. immigrants do no direct harm to your private property just by being here.

Quote:
Your thinking appears clouded. Freedom does not mean I can impose my will on you. Freedom does not mean foreign nationals can impose their will on us.
they are not imposing anything. they are participating in our free capitalist market. im sorry you feel imposed upon, but they are not violating any of your basic freedoms.

Old 10-04-2007, 12:12 PM

13,043 posts, read 21,154,444 times
Quote:
Perhaps explain the concept of private property to the illegals who break into the US through US citizens' private property along the border, and then use it to dump their trash, drop their loads, or even break into their homes to take food and water and whatever else they feel entitled to. Since you live in South San Diego, I think it's safe to assume you have heard many stories about this phenomenon.

Old 10-04-2007, 12:13 PM

236 posts, read 399,157 times
It is land that you and I pay taxes for. And that is someones back yard they are entering through and throwing trash on. Please remeber that, it is important.

Old 10-04-2007, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Tips and services rendered? LOL!

In other words, you spend everything you earn. Are you greedy? Or just low-income?
low income. its hard not to be, even working skilled trades. im in the process of going union, so hopefully ill have a more substantial income so i can donate to charities, as well. tips are appreciation for hard work. i do not get anything in return. and when i shop at mom & pop stores or eat at mom & pop fast food/restaurants, i know my money is going towards the small businessmen and working class that i am one of. there is no one else i'd rather support. you laughing it off does nothing to change the fact that i do my part, even if it costs me a little extra. very unnecessarily condescending of you, especially considering i am a fellow citizen.

Old 10-04-2007, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Perhaps explain the concept of private property to the illegals who break into the US through US citizens' private property along the border, and then use it to dump their trash, drop their loads, or even break into their homes to take food and water and whatever else they feel entitled to. Since you live in South San Diego, I think it's safe to assume you have heard many stories about this phenomenon.
i dont agree with everything that every single immigrant does. i dont agreee with everything that every single citizen does. its a universal thing, so isolating one group, and generalizing behaviors, does nothing to progress the argument.

Old 10-04-2007, 12:17 PM

41,505 posts, read 49,538,721 times
Ghost - just being here without proper credentials is a prosecutable crime and the illegal immigrants should all be prosecuted under our one law for all. If they are here to escape crushing poverty and starvation in their own country then they need to have a revolution in that country not run away to ours.

If we did close the border the Mexican Revolution would start within the year and our government will do anything to prevent that from happening in order to protect the American investors undermining our economy with their Mexican factories. This group wants to eventually integrate the North American economy to the detriment of all the people of the United States, Canada and Mexico.

BTW – whoever put the Mexican flag over ours in our country should be thankful that I did not see it or I probably would have done a bit more than tear it down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.