U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2007, 01:04 PM

1,510 posts, read 710,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Based on the raw numbers your argument can be made. Tell that to the construction workers who have been forced out of their trades by illegals who work well below rate. So the construction worker becomes a factory worker or now works 2 jobs.
Drywallers
masons
roofers
carpenters
pavers
These are but a few of the trades where the illegals have caused harm forcing honest folks out of their choosen trade.
unskilled labor has always been competitive. if you dont want to be subject to the competition, educate yourself. if further education is not an option, understand WHY the poor minorities are destined to work in competitive unskilled markets, with the wages all controlled by the EMPLOYER. the employer is the catalyst for change. plead your case to them and leave the hard-working man alone.

Old 10-04-2007, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
My brother was one of the victims of the construction trade. If, and I say if, he can get a job it pays way less then it used to because of the scabs that work them now. He is in high-end work and jobs that used to pay $35/hr are now paying $12-20/hr.
tell him to join a union. they take care of the working man. entry-journeyman electricians are making $35/hr today with consistent raises given, and benefits provided for themselves and their family.

Old 10-04-2007, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
It says that illegals due to lax enforcement of our laws have an unfair advantage over legal citizens.
A legal contractor must pay taxes 14.5% social security, state, fed, local and workmans comp. He must also be insured.
He must also support his family.
The illegals pay a fraction of his tax burden, often 10 illegals will dwell in a 1 bedroom apartment. ( another law broken) not to mention a saftey hazard.
Any way you look at it no one should be forced out of their jobs to allow criminals to replace them. They are criminals for not paying taxes, not having insurance, and most importantly by not having a valid work visa.
the burden is always on the employer, who facilitates illegal work by hiring illegal workers. again, the burden is ALWAYS on the employer.

Old 10-04-2007, 01:07 PM

13,050 posts, read 21,168,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
why cant we force our big business to hire legal citizens anyway? its not like the flow of illegals is going to cease. illegal immigrants only "steal" jobs because employers enable them. its like blaming the drug user instead of the drug dealer. it doesnt make sense.
Uh oh, don't start blaming the drug dealer dude, you've made a point of repeatedly telling us that you get blazed - where are you going to get your supply? Oh wait, lemme guess...we should all switch to communal living and grown our own. We can all get together whenever, holding hands, smoke a bowl, and sing kum ba ya till we get hungry and go hit up Apoo at the Qwik-e-mart for some Doritos and Hostess fruit pies.

It's a shame we aren't back in 1970, you'd feel right at home ghost.

Old 10-04-2007, 01:09 PM

236 posts, read 399,291 times
Ghost do you not get it? If the illegals were not here businesses would be forced to pay a decent wage. While they are still here business owners will continue using the cheapest labor they can. It's all about the ole mighty dollar.!!! Send them home it will be business as usual

Old 10-04-2007, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katenik View Post
do you even know how laws are tested for constitutionality? do you know that different standards of review that are used depending upon which constitutional rights and the individuals/groups are implicated? the protections in the bill of rights are NOT absolutes, and the supreme court will uphold laws that limit constitutional rights if they meet these standards.
no, im not fully educated on the subject. enlighten me... what factors can contribute to a supercession of the bill of rights?

Quote:
you might know what the constitution says, but you don't seem to know how constitutional jurisprudence works. i suggest you learn-- or be more humble in your responses when you don't know what you're talking about. and please do not call me a liar because you are uninformed. it is defamatory, and i will report you-- again.
why did you report me? you can just direct message me next time, and i'll edit my responses if necessary. it wouldn't be the first time i've admitted fault and apologized. and for the record, i haven't reported anybody. don't plan to. i'd rather solve my problems diplomatically instead of "running to mommy", so to speak.

Old 10-04-2007, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinasgt2005 View Post
Ghost do you not get it? If the illegals were not here businesses would be forced to pay a decent wage. While they are still here business owners will continue using the cheapest labor they can. It's all about the ole mighty dollar.!!! Send them home it will be business as usual
why is the burden on the worker and not the employer? we have laws on the books that DO force employers to hire legal immigrants and citizens, which, given our cost of living, would warrant a higher wage. it is the EMPLOYER'S hiring of illegals and their decision to pay low wages that perpetuates the current work and pay standards. enforce the laws against our employers and you can achieve the same result, at a substantially smaller cost.

Old 10-04-2007, 01:13 PM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 25 days ago)

9,060 posts, read 15,472,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katenik View Post
do you even know how laws are tested for constitutionality? do you know that different standards of review that are used depending upon which constitutional rights and the individuals/groups are implicated? the protections in the bill of rights are NOT absolutes, and the supreme court will uphold laws that limit constitutional rights if they meet these standards.

you might know what the constitution says, but you don't seem to know how constitutional jurisprudence works. i suggest you learn-- or be more humble in your responses when you don't know what you're talking about. and please do not call me a liar because you are uninformed. it is defamatory, and i will report you-- again.
Why do you have to report people? He didn't say anything offensive. This is what always happens in this forum, the majority tries to have the minority banned.

I have also noticed how our Rep goes down, while all of your Rep goes up...real objective group we have here.

It is like people want a forum with no debate at all.

Old 10-04-2007, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Uh oh, don't start blaming the drug dealer dude, you've made a point of repeatedly telling us that you get blazed - where are you going to get your supply? Oh wait, lemme guess...we should all switch to communal living and grown our own. We can all get together whenever, holding hands, smoke a bowl, and sing kum ba ya till we get hungry and go hit up Apoo at the Qwik-e-mart for some Doritos and Hostess fruit pies.

It's a shame we aren't back in 1970, you'd feel right at home ghost.
stereotype me all you want. i dont smoke cigarettes, and i rarely drink. i eat healthy, and my drug of choice is healthier than any legal drug. i guess i care about my body and openmindedness more than i care about following senseless legislation.

Old 10-04-2007, 01:14 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,053,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
example??? do you have a link to an article or anything?
There have been many reports in the news of citizens lined up for the jobs opened up when illegals were rounded up and deported. You look for the links.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
Some people seem they don't want America to evolve, laws can't stop it.
Who will stop the illegal immigration is the American citizens! The list is growing and organizing for those against illegal immigration. It's our country, it's our jobs and we will not stop until we take our country back from those that have no respect for America or our laws!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration