U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2007, 04:06 PM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 22 days ago)

9,059 posts, read 15,464,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
I just got an email from a man that owns a business across the street from the Mexican that flew the Mexican flag over the American flag. He is going to give me all the information on the business. Let's see if we can rally a good old protest against this guy.
Wow are you a hitman(girl) now?
Didn't he say he made a mistake and he didn't know?

Old 10-04-2007, 04:08 PM

13,043 posts, read 21,154,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
that will surely accomplish alot ... all that energy manifested into hate. so sad.
If someone were seriously interested in accomplishing anything, then they wouldn't be doing it by fighting windmills on C-D forum all day. If she wants to protest against someone in an effort to exhibit her beliefs (1st amendment that you have spent hours rubbing in everyone's face) and respect for the law of this land, what does that have to do with hate? Can you just stop pushing labels on people in this forum when you don't agree with what they have to say?

Old 10-04-2007, 04:12 PM

1,510 posts, read 708,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
If someone were seriously interested in accomplishing anything, then they wouldn't be doing it by fighting windmills on C-D forum all day. If she wants to protest against someone in an effort to exhibit her beliefs (1st amendment that you have spent hours rubbing in everyone's face) and respect for the law of this land, what does that have to do with hate? Can you just stop pushing labels on people in this forum when you don't agree with what they have to say?
i never said she didnt have the right to do it. i just doubt it will accomplish anything worthwhile. at least on these forums, i have the opportunity to spread information and perspective to an audience that, i feel, most certainly needs it. all she will end up doing is promoting hate.

Old 10-04-2007, 04:12 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,052,585 times
Quote:
You are correct. I want to excercise my 1st amendment rights. Boy oh boy, I can't wait!

Old 10-04-2007, 04:13 PM

13,043 posts, read 21,154,444 times
Quote:
i never said she didnt have the right to do it. i just doubt it will accomplish anything worthwhile. at least on these forums, i have the opportunity to spread information and perspective to an audience that, i feel, most certainly needs it. all she will end up doing is promoting hate.
respect for the law of our land = hate? Let's not get it twisted.

Old 10-04-2007, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
You are correct. I want to excercise my 1st amendment rights. Boy oh boy, I can't wait!
what do you hope to accomplish?

Old 10-04-2007, 04:17 PM

Quote:
respect for the law of our land = hate? Let's not get it twisted.
the flag code is in direct conflict with 1st amendment rights. given a choice between the two, which do you support?

Old 10-04-2007, 04:18 PM

10,017 posts, read 16,690,837 times
Quote:
but illegals are here and theyre not going to go away, regardless of what laws are passed. so why fight the inevitable, when it is much more efficient and intelligent to go after the group of people that facilitate the hiring (read: enabling) of illegal immigrant workforces? they are as much to blame, if not moreso, than the worker.

and mach is right, the unemployment rate doesnt fluctuate much. what is your reasoning for that?
Okay here you go

Jobless Rate Jumps, Unemployment Up, Applications For Unemployment Benefits Highest In Four Months; 16,000 More Filed Last Week - CBS News

Old 10-04-2007, 04:20 PM

highest in 4 months? well yeah, there is fluctuation from month to month. if you look at it on a more accurate scale, annually or by decade, you would see that the general fluctuation is minute.

Old 10-04-2007, 04:22 PM

10,017 posts, read 16,690,837 times
tell that to the ones with no job. they would gladly flip burgers right now to feed their family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration